Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Lindsee's Custom Made Plates

*Update: Compliments of Joanna for sending me some more pictures of the plate on the stand!! Thank you so very much, sweet friend! Love you! (Scroll down to see them!)

So, I am going to try something I have never done. I don't know if it's stupid, a good idea, or what not. But, I'm gonna give it a shot and see what kind of response I get!

This Christmas I made plates for my friends and family as their Christmas gifts. I liked them myself, but wasn't sure if everyone else would like them as much as I did. Well, they all seemed to enjoy their custom made plate thoroughly, and I enjoyed making them quite thoroughly. (My aunt even cried when I gave hers to her!) I have a few more I am making for some of my best friends moms and sister (who so discretely told me they wanted one!) and then I'm done as far as the gifts go. ;)

As a student teacher, I will have NO income, oh, the joy! So, my Dad came up with the grand idea that I sell some of the custom made plates on my blog. I didn't think it was a half bad idea (but feel kind of silly doing so) but thought I would give it a try.

So, here I am, starting a mini-business of Lindsee's Custom Made Plates!

The plate is a charger and I will write anything on it for you.

The chargers come in:
Gold - with black writing
Crushed Gold - with black writing
Red - with silver or gold writing
Silver - with black writing
Black - with silver or gold writing

The cost is $10.00 (plus shipping & handling) for just the plate, or

$20.00 (plus shipping and handling) for the plate and the holder.

They are good as center pieces, birthday gifts, wedding gifts, or whatever your little heart desires.

I only have one picture as an example. I don't have any pictures of the holder but will try and get one asap. (Hint hint Jen or Jo!) It's just a black wrought iron holder with swirly things. Very pretty!

You are free to put anything you want on the charger. For the gifts I did "But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15 with an icthus below it and that turned out pretty good. The only thing is it can't be a very long quote or verse. I have found that 1 - 15 words works the best. (But don't get anxious about that, we can always work something out!)

Well folks, there it is, Lindsee's Custom Made Plate! If you are interested either leave a comment with your email address and what you want, or, feel free to email me here and I will be happy to work with you! (If the email address doesn't work, just leave a comment and I will get with you!)

The example below is a crushed gold plate, with black writing! (But remember yours is custom, so don't forget to choose from your many options up above!)



18 comments:

Lindsee Lou said...

My email link isn't working, so, my email address is: lindsee_eddy@yahoo.com

Feel free to email me there! Thanks!

Janelle and Ella said...

Lindsee...those are AWESOME!!! Good job and good idea. They are beautiful! I know you will get lots of orders. I hope it works out for you.

Jaclyn said...

i am SOO glad you are doing this. They are just beautiful. I am going to spread the word! :)
Love you!

Jenny said...

Hallelujah and AMEN! I am so glad you are doing this!! I told you when I OPENED it that you could make money off of those :) My mom has stolen mine and is holding it ransom! LOVE YOU LADY

John and Joanna said...

Super cute :) I mean look at you...our own sales lady!!
I LOVE my plate!!! I am still finding the perfect spot for it!!
I LOVE you bestie!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I will, again, comment to keep up the trend (no, I don't look for one, I just notice it somehow)...besides you, everyone who has commented so far has a name that starts with J...and since my name also happens to start with J, I'll leave a comment :)

Great idea! I absolutely LOVE the plates! They're gorgeous! That was a great Christmas present idea too...I'll have to remember it for next year ;) I'll definitely order one, but I still have to decide what I want, so I'll go ahead send you an e-mail when I decide. Good luck!

Fran said...

Sign me up girlfriend!! I want one all for myself and my new house!!! I want the one exactly like the picture. What do I need to do???

Praise and Coffee said...

You go girl, those are beautful, I will keep it in mind!

Blessings,
Sue

Sharon Brumfield said...

Cool idea!
I will have to bookmark you and keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks for stopping by and giving some math ideas.
I am going to try and reduce the amount of stress my daughter has in the area of math.
We are going to work on some ideas to make it fun. Maybe she won't end up hating math. :)

Traci Anne said...

Such a great idea and so gorgeous! I'm definitely keeping you in mind for presents!!!!

Missy said...

Those are so neat! I just need to decide which colors I might want. :) Since I am hopefully moving soon, I might wait on the new house.

P.S. Good luck with student teaching this semester. I have been teaching in Cy-Fair for 7 years, but it feels like just yesterday I was student teaching! You are going to love it!
Missy

Unknown said...

I want one!!! I love them and I think it is a great idea! I want the one in the picture. I have a holder so I just need the plate. Facebook me so I can get your address to send you a check! Thanks Lindsee :)

Love, Brittney Carrier

Jackie said...

OOOOOHHHHH!! I want SEVERAL!!! I have a few I need for gifts...and of course, one for MY House...I have been looking for a plate w/ a stand for on top of my fridge...PERFECT!! I will get with you when I figure out what colors/sayings I want, but I am DEF. getting some of these!! You are one CREATIVE girly! :) Get to sit next to my sweet siesta NEXT Tuesday....sad you can't make it this week, but we have 11 more...plenty of time!! Love you girl!! :)

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

yep i want one. what do i need to do???

thanks!!! this is awesome!!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Lindsee... First of all, HI SIESTA! I've seen your sweet face all around, but somehow, I've never made it over here.

Second, I just won Holly's contest and I am SO insanely excited about it. Once I get the plates, I will take pictures and post about them with a link back. I just know my readers will L-O-V-E them!

Beautiful work!

Joyful said...

I just came to visit from reading Gayle's blog and seeing the pics of your plates there - WOW! Gorgeous! Would you consider sending to Canada?

You do beautiful work! I love anything that gives testimony to our Lord!

Blessings,
Joy
joybells@porchlight.ca

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!
Have you thought about putting some on Etsy?

I've been here before, too, and I love your blog's look. :)

Missy said...

Oh mah gah. Didn't know you did this!

Okay, I want one. I just have to decide what verse.