Anyway, all those plans went to the dump with Michaela had the perfect plan to kidnap me and Bethany and drag us to the Galleria area so she could get fingerprinted. Obviously, that wasn't the draw, but when she mentioned Sprinkles Cupcakes, I was automatically on board. A day with those girls in uptown Houston eating cupcakes? Yes please!
We left about 9:30 this morning, then after her little errand we spent the rest of the afternoon goofing off. It was so much fun! I think what makes it more fun is these girls are my future roommies, so knowing we can enjoy a day together makes me excited for what's ahead. I'll definitely miss my current living situation. We have a few laughs ourselves!
After getting finger printed, we headed to Central Market for some lite grocery shopping. It was there that I got to taste a little bit of heaven, the "envy" apple. Bethany stumbled upon the samples and after I tried one slice, I was sold. They are a mix between Braeburn and Gala apples and the sweetest, crispiest apples you'll ever taste. After dinner I had my habitual apple and peanut butter that I'd been looking forward to every day, and it was glorious. I was like a little girl on Christmas morning slicing that thing. For those of you that don't know, I have an odd apple obsession. I'm such an apple dork.
After Central Market we had lunch at Brown Bag and then we headed to an outdoorsy and nature type store that hosted a ton of fun trinkets. We played more than anything before getting serious about finding me some red TOMS, but unfortunately, they didn't have my size. I was so tempted to by the children's book, Everybody Poops, because I'm really mature like that, but upon browsing the pages, we decided it was too explicit. ;)
Fortunately, Nordstrom's was right around the corner and they sell TOMS so we headed straight there. I was so thrilled to find out they had my size! I thought for a split second about whether or not I should buy the ash color or red, but went with what I've always wanted, which was the red TOMS. I'm now praying I can actually pull them off!

Aren't they so fun? They're actually fairly comfortable, too.
After that unexpected trip to the Galleria, our lunches we settled and we drove ourselves to Sprinkles. The cupcakes are so rich there that it would be a sin to go there full. An empty stomach is an absolute must.
We only waited in line for about 10 minutes then purchased these delectable treats!
Go ahead, take a look for yourself.
Is your mouth watering yet? I don't mean to make you jealous, but it should be.
Here is Bethany very excited about her cupcakes. Why wouldn't she be?
Michaela digging straight in! Yum!
I had a moment of silence before devouring my Black and White cupcake. It was only necessary.
Here goes nothin'...
The perfect treat for a great day!
If you've noticed that I speak of shopping and eating a lot, you're not imagining things. It's my weakness.
I came home and took myself straight to my step aerobics class. I haven't been since May so it about killed me and I seemed to be very uncoordinated, but it was fabulous. There's nothing like getting a good dose of endorphins. For our abs segment she made us do 360 sit-ups and to say that I'm feelin' the burn would be an understatement. Oh, but I love it!
Lastly, and on a completely different note, as most of you know we're taking our high school students to Belize in two weeks and we have a little blog to keep our friends and family updated. We would love your prayers as we prepare and as we're there! Our missions pastor caught me at church on Sunday and had me film a quick blurb about the trip. To keep updated, you can read more here at our Building Bridges website! We appreciate and covet all your prayers!
Hope you all had a marvelous Monday. I'm all about alliterations today. Not to be confused with alterations.
Okay, I'm delirious and signing off.
7 comments:
Sounds like the perfect day to me!!!!!!!! :) Cupcakes make everything better!!!!
That is exactly my kind of day!
I LOVE my toms. they are worn out. I need a new pair come to think of it.
I am a fellow siesta...loved your shopping and eating play by play, and yes, I did want me a cupcake.
OH GOODNESS! I bought some Envy apples a few days ago and they are SO good! Love them.
I am totally craving Sprinkles cupcakes. :-) I think I'll have to take a little trip to that cute store!!!
I NEED to go to that cupcake shop!!! Will you take me?! :) Love that you had a great day, sounds so fun! Miss you friend!
I am craving those Envy apples without ever tasting them.
And I drove past Sprinkles yesterday and didn't have time to stop. My heart broke a little for the cupcake that never was ;)
I love cupcakes! Debra would take me to get one when I would hit a milestone during pregnancy (I was on bedrest!) Lucky girl....they look yummy!!! ;-)
(I need to call Debra huh? I think I need some now!)
Post a Comment