Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Weekend I Didn't Take Any Pictures

Although it’s already Tuesday, I felt the need to blog about the weekend. Better late than never, right?

Here’s the deal, though. I spent this weekend doing one fun thing after another and guess how many pictures I took? ZERO. Nada. Zip. Whatever zero is in Spanish. It saddens my heart that you’ll have to imagine all that went down, but sometimes our imagination paints a prettier picture than the real thing, so I’m hoping you’ll let your imagination run wild for this post.

We’ll start out with Friday. If I did have pictures they would be of me and two friends starting the night out at Lupe Tortilla. But before that, imagine God flooding the earth. Though He promised to never do that again, I’m certain Houston was under threat of it. We got the remnants of hurricane Alex, and it was no game. Sweet mercy, I just kept singing all day, “the rains came down and the floods came up…” with a feisty attitude because I was over it.

Normally rain wouldn’t have that kind of effect on me, but I was being really selfish and needed it to end because that night after dinner, we had grand plans to drive downtown to the Hobby Center to see the Broadway musical, Wicked. Let me be even more honest by telling you that I was more worried about my hair than anything. My hair doesn’t last 3 seconds in that weather and my selfishness reared its ugly head again when I refused to wear it curly or up.

Thankfully, after dinner we did indeed make it downtown with no issues, but unfortunately, humidity won the battle over my thick mop and I put it up. Once Wicked started, however, hair was no longer an issue. I was smitten.

This was my second time to see Wicked and it was yet to disappoint. Overall, it was such a fun night with great food, amazing entertainment and fun friends!

Saturday I was able to sleep in, praise you, Lord and then I got up and ready for a cookout we were having at another friends house. And not just any ol’ cookout, their backyard is a theme park complete with a swimming pool, a zip line, volleyball net, and other fun things. We were all supposed to bring a snack to share and I got all patriotic and made a Fourth of July Funfetti cake. My friend Missy gave me that idea and I was shocked I didn’t think of it myself. I was going to bring just a bag of chips or something. Lame!



Unfortunately, the rain put a damper on our outdoor activities, but towards the end we were able to enjoy some time outside.

If I had my camera, you would have seen a bunch of girls sitting around the table chatting, and the men roaming around aimlessly as they waited patiently for the rain to stop.

After the party, as if I hadn’t eaten enough, I met my parents for dinner at a Thai food restaurant, then went home and crashed.

Sunday our church only had one service and I sang in the praise team. I don’t get to do that too often because of other responsibilities on Sunday mornings, but when I do get the chance, I love it. We had a great service then afterward I had enough time to run home, grab a quick bite to eat and take a nap before heading to another cookout with some of my favorite people. Also known as my parents small group. Their small group has been together since I was practically in the womb, which makes these peeps family. We had a great, relaxing time swimming, eating and chatting. Then that night we enjoyed a nice fireworks display from their backyard.

Monday I joined Jen at her parents’ house and we played in the pool with her niece and nephew and just enjoyed chatting. I haven’t seen her since my birthday which is just wrong since we do live in the same city. After a while Jack, Jen's dad, put up a tent for Grace to play in and we totally cramped her style by getting in it with her. Of course, we were prepared with our laptop and People magazine, but that's how we roll. ;)



That night we ate dinner with my parents, then we all went our separate ways, in which I grounded myself to my room to pack. That is until the Bachelorette came on. After that train wreck, I successfully finished washing all my clothes, then organized them to pack. Which will be the story of my life for the next month.

It was a fabulous weekend despite my photography fail.

But you know what I'm looking forward to more than anything? That would be my ridiculously early flight to Colorado tomorrow morning. So early, in fact, that we arrive at 7:30 A.M.

That means I better quit blogging, and that I won't be blogging until I get back. I'm so looking forward to some R&R in one of my favorite places in the world.

Have a blessed week, sweet friends!

Until we meet again...(Imagine me tipping my imaginary hat!)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

What a fabulous weekend!!! Love the cake and looks so delish!!!!! Have a FANTASTIC time in Colorado!!!!! So jealous (and yes, I know the bible clearly talks about this!!!) and can’t wait to see pics!

Kim Safina said...

Enjoyed visiting your journey on blog. What a blessing!!
((( HUGS ))))
Kim in California <3<3<3

Kelli said...

Chris and I ate lunch at a Lupe's that Friday and the water was pouring in the restaurant... they had a man squeegeeing it out!!!

I love the picture in the tent. :)