Friday, July 15, 2011

iPhone Dump: NYC Edition

One week ago today I arrived home from NYC. I was there for a week with a group from my church to do missions. Missions in NYC, you ask? Oh yes, my friends. There is an entire post dedicated to just that in the making, but I've had problems forming one sentence this week, so writing an entire blog post has been quite the chore. It's hard to put a trip like that into words.

However, I've had the urge to blog and the easiest way to do so is give you one of my favorites, the iPhone dump, NYC styles.

Honestly, we were moving so fast that I don't have too many pictures on my phone, most of my pictures came from my real camera, but these will do. It gives you a small glimpse into the fun aspects of our trip.

We had 48 people on our trip. 26 girls and 22 guys. We all stayed in one church and used air mattresses all week. This is what our main room looked like. It was one big slumber party every night! What I have failed to mention is the two showers between all of us. Fun times.

Michael Jackson lives, friends! In case you missed it, see the video below. He made a grand entrance on our Subway. It was nice.

We happened to be in NY on the fourth of July. Did you think we'd miss the fireworks at the Brooklyn Bridge? I think not. The crowds were insane, but the fireworks were incredible. At least the section we could see. I can't imagine what the crowds are like during New Years Eve. Makes me shudder.

Lady Liberty. She's a beauty. This was from our ferry ride. We did not actually stop and see her.

One night our awesome leader gave a few of us young adults permission to leave after Bible study. Where did we go? Serendipity! I have wanted to go there for a long time and we were all so happy when it worked out. I don't mean to brag, but if you've never tasted their frozen hot chocolate, you're really missing out. It was heavenly. And yes, for you girls, this is where the movie, Serendipity, was filmed. Or at least part of it. I would like to be back in this moment.

Before we headed to the airport Friday morning, we had about an hour of free time. Our group decided to head to Fifth Avenue where there is a bunch of shopping to be done. While most of our group toured The Plaza and FAO Schwarz, a few of us girls visited Tiffany's. My heart was so happy. Recognize this shot? Then you've probably seen Sweet Home Alabama. This is where he proposed at the beginning of the movie. Out of all four floors in Tiffany's, this was my favorite. : )

Upon returning home from NY, to support our sweet roomie who was put on a yeast free diet for a few weeks, we decided to do it with her. Although we were exhausted, we made our trek to the grocery store to fill our basked with all things vegetables and protein. Healthiest basket ever. And hardest diet ever. We love her that much. Let's just say when this diet is over, we'll be a happy apartment again. Can you say, hello irritability? We all could use a little chocolate.


That's all for now, folks. Off to a NY reunion! I know it's only been a week but I've missed those peeps.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Ah! I just got back from NYC last week and visited most of these places myself. Serendipity was WORTH it! :) I loved it.

BTW: Did you see any engagement rings at Tiffanys? We could never find them. Vault, maybe?

Lauren said...

So awesome!!!!!!!! :)

Lindsey said...

my roommate reads your blog, too and after reading tis post we both agreed that's some serious love you're showing to go yeast free for your roommie! Any special reason?

Megan said...

Looks like you had a blast! Seeing those mattresses on the floor reminds me of the last mission trip I went on. Our room looked about like yours!