Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Little Blog Love

My poor little blog has been severely neglected this past (almost) month. Looking back at 2011, I wrote less than I have any other year that this blog has existed. I think a lot of that was due to the fact that I was 1) very busy and 2) there was a lot going on that I couldn’t really reveal on the blog, and when big things are happening, little mundane things to blog about are harder to come by. I know I am making this way more dramatic than it is, but those are my only excuses for the neglect. Blogging most definitely took a back seat in 2011. I am hoping to revive it in 2012, but I can make no promises. Only time will tell!

ALL of that to say, I have about four posts written in drafts that all have about one line and then are a blank slate. Needless to say, I’m going to let those posts die in my drafts and start with a clean slate (ten days later) in 2012.

So, what have I been up to?

In case you were on the edge of your seat dying to know, it has been BUSY around my parts of the world.

First, there was Christmas. Christmas was actually very calm. We had a small, nice, peaceful Christmas at my parents’ house with our little family that morning, then that evening headed to celebrate the day with some dear friends of ours, the Snow’s. I enjoyed it so much.

However, it was after Christmas when all the action happened. Two days later, my family from Colorado arrived, I took a few days off work, and from there I think we took them to every legit restaurant in Houston. Not really, but I feel like all we did was eat. It was magical.

My time with them was shorter because before they left to head back home, I left with a few of my co-workers to head to Passion 2012 in Atlanta. That is an entire different post for a different day, and I am really hoping I get that written. I process things by writing them out, so I know it would be so beneficial, if for no one else but me. We had an amazing time there last week, then came home on Thursday evening and jumped straight into work on Friday. Of course, I dragged my feet to the office, but it was a surprisingly productive day.

This weekend I managed to take down Christmas décor, finally, slept in, took a nap, surprised a 14 year old with a Justin Bieber life size cut out for her birthday, went to church, had a meeting, then went to a surprise party. It was a full, but fun weekend!

Now, two days later, I’ve finally completed one training run for my half-marathon in March and been full on at work. In case you are curious, I am far from bored.

I’m not sure if this post can actually be deemed as a revival for the blog, but for now, it will have to do. I sure have missed blog world!

Happy Tuesday, y’all.

Oh, and Happy New Year! Better late than never, right?

4 comments:

mollie @ momconformist said...

PLEASE do a post on Passion! My husband and I lived vicariously through some of the live streams and we were so disappointed that it didn't pan out for him to take a group this year (he's the youth/college pastor at church). I would love to hear more about it!!!

Deidre said...

Girl, you ARE busy! Yes, the blog should take a back seat, though I do love when you post. Oh, and had no idea you were going to run a half marathon. I WANT to but I'm too scard :)

Unknown said...

Please do a post on Passion! I wanted to go so bad, but couldn't find a way and wasn't able to listen to the podcasts. Although I feel like I stalked everyones tweets, it's not the same. :( I'd love to see a more comprehensive post though!

Christine Rhodes said...

Can't wait for a Passion post! Please write one!