Thursday, August 16, 2012

Three Months Later

It's been three months, folks.

Three months since I've even seen an empty blogger template.

I was about to look up synonyms for the word neglected, but that seemed too depressing, and well, actions speak louder than words anyway, and my actions have left this blog void of any new material so to talk about it would do no good.

I just needed to get on here and write instead.

But what the heck do I write about? Where do I even begin?

This summer has kept me plenty busy with weddings, and babies and Bible study, oh my! And now I'm kicking myself for not documenting those. Oh well. You win some and you lose some.

And truth be told, I didn't even put one foot on a plane, bus, boat or any other commercial vehicle this summer. Nada. Didn't visit one exotic location. Can you say bizarre? After all my crazy summers.

ALL of that to say this, I'm back.

At least I hope so. I hate nothing more than empty promises, but for five years this blog has been such a wonderful outlet for me personally, and I'm going to inch my way back in.

I will say this, as I look back on this year, the year I've blogged the absolute least, I can say God has been very, very good to me. I have everything to be thankful for and nothing to complain about. In fact, it was exactly a year ago tomorrow that I had my last day on staff at CBC and my world was about to change dramatically.

But that's another post for another day. Hot darn. Material to write about. Who knew?



3 comments:

Lauren said...

so glad to see you back! I adore your blog!

Alyssa said...

I am SO glad that you're back!! I've missed your posts! :)

Taylor said...

I feel like I made the exact same post on Friday. At least I'm not the only one neglecting the updates. I love your lpm posts...excited to read your other thoughts here, too!