Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sound Check

Checking, checking, one, two…

Check one, two, three…

*taps mic*

Check one, two, three, four…

All good? Perfect.


I get the really fun and humbling privilege of serving on our worship team at church and this is how we begin every Sunday morning. Very early, mind you. Before we really get rolling into the actual rehearsing of the music, we start by making sure we can all hear each other and that our in-ears are all leveled out. (In-ears are just a fancy word for monitors, and monitors are just speakers so we can hear ourselves so we don't go all flat on the people we're leading. That's never pretty.) Anyway, it's what we call sound check, which is precisely how I feel about this blog right now.  I don't know about you, but I think I've clicked on my blog all of three times in two years, because that's how long it's been since I've sound checked over here. Writing on one blog consistently is no small feat, so when I started writing more on the LPM blog, naturally this one took a back seat.

But I've missed writing over here on this little corner. 

And now I’m in a season of transition, and if you know me personally at all, you know I’m a processor by nature (albeit slow processor) and a lot of my processing happens through writing, and so I need to write. And more importantly, I want to write

Which means I’m dusting off the ol’ blog again. I realize no one may read this, but that’s okay. I’m writing for me. For my heart.

I don’t know how often and I certainly won't make any promises, because I hate breaking promises,  but I do know I’ll share the mundane and the serious. Because that’s how we humans roll. We need a little laughter and even a few tears to make it through this life.

Not so coincidentally, a couple weeks ago I purchased a new Bible. Mine was literally falling apart because I've used it for so long and that was really stressing me out. A couple days after I bought it, I was with a sweet friend headed to a prayer meeting with my new Bible as I was explaining to her how giddy I was over its newness. I then told her that to me, sometimes a new Bible signifies a new season. New mark ups, new scriptures to memorize, new words to see and new stories to hear. And that’s where we’re at. A new season. New territory. New dreams. New discouragement. New lessons. And new songs.

New songs about trust, hope, fear, love, serving and walking on the water.




16 comments:

Fran said...

No matter where you write, I will read what you have to say because you inspire me always. And smile. :)

Keep at it sister!

Unknown said...

I am so happy to see this post Linds :) No pressure at all as weird as this sounds...I missed you here!

Profbaugh said...

I was hoping you'd start writing on this blog again. What an exciting time! FYI: I'm on our worship team, too (keyboard and vocals). Just think of all the new things we can discuss! So as you transition to the next chapter of your life, I'll be transitioning too. And perhaps I'll even be inspired to write about it on my own very neglected blog.

P.S. I'll pray for your worship team on Sunday mornings if you'll do the same for mine. Deal?

With a song in my heart and praise on my lips,
~Cheryl (aka Profbaugh)

angie "By Faith" said...

I am super excited to see what God has in store for you. Please share when you can. I for one have missed you around here! I moved to mrsabaylis.wordpress.com. If you get bored come for a visit! xoxo Angie in Michigan

Penny said...

Looking forward to your posts! I have a feeling something amazing is about to happen in your life, I don't want to miss a single morsel as it develops:)...
Praying for you and hopeful for what's coming!

Loribeth said...

You have no idea how happy I was to see your post! I have missed your blogging and thought this blog might be over forever. I love reading what you write, so you'll have at least one follower! Well two, Mary and me. The faithful blog readers since high school days. Haha. Love you!

Lindsey said...

So glad you're back! Looking forward to following along with you as you journey through this next season of life with the Lord as your guide.

Blessings and prayers, sweet friend.

Linda N said...

So tickled to see your post and excited for your newest adventure!

Groovewoman said...

So so glad to see you're continuing to write, sweet Lindsee. I have grown to love and look forward to what the Lord reveals (ed) to you over the last several years while at LPM. From inspiring to encouraging, to fun and witty and all point in between. I couldn't imagine not going along for the ride. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you next! I know it's going to be something great and I can't wait to walk along side you as you take on this new journey. You are an amazing young woman and He has something AMAZING set out for you. It's exciting and I am so excited for you.
Blessings, sweet friend!
Hollie R.

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty said...

I am excited that you are continuing to write here! I also love getting a new Bible and prayer journals. Yesterday, I was packing away some books and my Bible I bought in 1997 when I went through my separation & divorce. I sat down and flipped through that Bible and read a lot of verses I had highlighted and notes I had written. God and I went through some stuff that year and that Bible is falling apart but it was a sweet journey between God and myself. I am looking forward to reading about your new journey!

Britni said...

Lindsee,

I found your blog sometime ago and love reading your blogs over at LPM. Your blog posts about singleness hit so close to home that I bookmarked them to read and give to others in this same life season!! I am excited to read your postings on this blog, and I cannot wait to see where God takes you next!!

cristina said...

grateful to get to hear from you here...

Mariposa said...

Just happened to see if you were writing here again. So happy to see you are. Blessings and prayers headed your way for this new season.

Ganise C said...

Will be following your blog! I'm late but such genuine words, Lindsee. Have a wonderful and merry holiday season!

cinthia said...

I will keep checking in and hope you do keep writing. I have a feeling your words will be read by more than just you. Enjoyed this.