Monday, January 12, 2015

A Million Little Moments


I like my bedroom in the morning as the sun starts to peak through my windows.

And looking into my bedroom to see a bed that is made.

I like rainy days at home.

And the white noise of a thunderstorm.

I like using a straw.

And buying fun straws with different designs on them.

I like writing deep and surface things down in my journal.

And reading those journals ten years later.

I like approval and guidance from family and friends on life choices I'm making and shoes I am purchasing.

And knowing that ultimately, who I really want is approval and guidance from is God Himself.

I like how cold the sheets feel when I first crawl into my bed at night.

And stretching like a baby first thing after waking up.

I like singing anywhere and everywhere at anytime.

And trying to find a harmony to any and every melody.

I like Netfilx, and Hulu, and Amazon, oh my.

And having the freedom to watch my shows whenever I want.

I like sunsets.

And knowing that not one sunset or sunrise has been or ever will be the same.

I like reading the Word of God.

And I like when IT reads me, when the words jump off the page.

I like sending snail mail.

And receiving it, too.

I like painting my nails at least once a week.

And spontaneous adventures.

I like washing my face before bed.

And falling asleep on the couch at night.

I like dressing up and feeling cute and pretty and like a girl.

And also, I like the pajamas-all-day kinda days.

I like not knowing how it’s always “supposed to be”.

And learning to go with the flow.

I like quiet bookstores.

And restaurants that serve brunch.

I like laughing until it hurts so bad and you can’t breathe.

And shedding a few tears, too.

Most of all, I like the simple and small joys that a million little moments in life brings.


3 comments:

Ganise C said...

So sweet, Lindsee. Thanks for the reminder to cherish the small manifestations of grace. Thinking of putting together a list too! (I like feeling cute and girly because of an outfit too, for ex!)

Julie B. said...

So good to hear from you and the reminder of the blessings of the small things ~ being aware helps me to be thankful and think on what is GOOD! You're the best Lindsee Lou!

Unknown said...

I really miss posts like this :-) thx for bringing it back! Love ya!