Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How To Be A Bad Blogger

Want to know how to be a bad blogger?

Just follow in my footsteps. Only blog once a week (if even) and never comment on anybodies blog posts.

The truth is, even though I have taken a few unannounced bloggy breaks, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. On Saturday, Jen and I met up and had dinner and saw 17 Again and while we were in the bathroom, I told her that I just haven't been into blogging lately.

She agreed.

It's not that there is a lack of content to blog about, there is absolutely plenty to blog about, but I just needed a brain break.

I also needed a break from the bloggy guilt I had been feeling. Honestly, I can get so caught up in it, and how many comments I get, or how many posts I am commenting on, or the content of the post, or how involved I am and yada, yada, yada and it just becomes exhausting and not enjoyable. Which is sad, because I thoroughly enjoy blogging. It's pretty much therapeutic for me.

Plus, I had a lot to do last week and I was determined to stay focused. And stay focused I did.

So, here I am, not promising much, but I'm here.

This summer may be kind of sparse for the mere fact that unlike teaching, ministry, especially student ministry, takes on a whole new level of commitment in the summer. Anything and everything goes on daily and it gets pretty crazy pretty fast. Hence why I am enjoying the calm before the storm right now.

Anyway, enough about my bloggy business that I know y'all don't care one iota about, but I just had to get it out there.

However, lest you be fooled that I've had nothing on my mind the past week, think again.

Let's pull out the handy dandy numeral system, yet again, to get a peek into my brain.

1) I can't not mention The Biggest Loser in this post. My life is forever committed to this show! And on top of that, I think I've recruited a few folks to this obsession with me. Helen ended up winning the whole competition. I was a bit disappointed because I was totally going for either Tara or Mike, but either way, Helen did work hard and I am still proud of her. For those of you that true fans of the show like me, I have a few tidbits for you that you may or may not enjoy:

First, I happen to listen to Jillian Michael's podcasts and out of her mouth, she said she thought Helen was too skinny. Thank You! I agree. Yes, she looks fabulous, and yes, Jillian is still more proud of her than anyone, but she thought she was a bit skinny. Not unhealthy, though. (If you want to listen to her once a week podcast, you can either listen online here or you can download them on iTunes by searching KFI Sundays in podcasts. She honestly has great health and fitness advice, and is hilarious. Plus, she talks about the show fairly often. I'm not advocating that I agree with everything she says, but it is interesting nonetheless.)

Second, they already started filming Season 8 of the show, and guess who's back? Daniel from the orange team. I am just thrilled for him. He was the 19 year old boy who weighed almost 500 lbs at the beginning of last season, has lost over a hundred pounds, but still has a long way to go. Needless to say, in Jillian's words, he is now the leader of the pack. I absolutely love that they did this because I always feel awful for the contestants that have to go home early on, and he was one of those that really needed to be there.

Thirdly, since they are already filming for next season, it means that it will start in August or September. Woo Hoo! I can't wait.

Fourthly, Season 8 is hosting the biggest girl they've ever had on the Biggest Loser campus. She is almost 500 lbs as well. Jillian admitted to ripping her to shreds the first few days, and that America will most likely hate Jillian that first week, however, she said there has already been a huge breakthrough with that girl. My heart just breaks for those people. Seriously! But I am so proud of them and how they are willing to do anything to change the course of their physical life. I'm telling you, I get way to invested in these contestants.

Lastly, and most importantly, Bob Harper drives a porsche and is supposedly very in love with somebody at the moment. He melts my heart. But, who's heart does he not melt? I just adore him. And love how he genuinely cares about his contestants. On that note, I'll end my Biggest Loser tangent.

2) Since I'm already on a roll with reality T.V., I might as well give a shout out to the new season of The Bachelorette. My little brother watched it with me last night and was tickled by how I analyzed every man on the show. There are most definitely some interesting folks for Jillian to chose from. There is no doubt this season will be riveting. Especially with Mr. Tanner who is wildly obsessed with feet. Creeper.

3) As stated earlier, Jen and I saw 17 Again this weekend. I wouldn't say it's a buyer or deserves an Oscar, but it was cute and entertaining. Every teenage girl, however, loves it because our sweet Zac Efron is a cutie in it.

4) Jazzercise plus 30 Day Shred has been kicking me in the rear. Before you go thinking I do them both everyday, think again. I'm simply not that crazy. I do one or the other, but either way, my instructors at Jazzercise have taken it up a notch, or ten. Last night I had sweat dripping of my eyelashes. Not cool, folks. Not cool. I may take a break tonight because my thighs can't handle any more squats or lunges. When you have to hold on to a stationary object to sit down on anything, especially the toilet, you have yourself a problem.

5) Friday night we had our first mother/daughter event called This One's for the Girls! It was so, so much fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. However, this will be an entirely different post. Mostly I just wanted to thank y'all for your prayers. You ladies amaze me for being so committed to prayer for some girl you barely know. So, thank you, thank you, thank you. Pictures and more on the night coming soon.

Well, somehow this post went from being a bad blogger to reality television. So, on that note, I'm out. It's lunch time for this homegirl and Subway is quietly calling my name.

5 comments:

Missy said...

You are NOT a bad blogger. We all need a break every now and then. I tend to look at it as something for myself...a journal of sorts...that tends to keep my mind clear of feeling "bad" about posting and commenting.

That said...I LOVED your reality TV recap. I ditto everything you said. :)

Sarah said...

Lindsee!! Okay speaking of blogging....I am 10 years late but I started blogging. I want to keep up better with the oldie goldies;) I read your blog from time to time as well as Jo's and Sally's so I thought why not. I will probably be the bad blogger here since I have no idea what Im doing!!!;) I miss you girl and think about you and your amazing ministry!!! You're living the dream chica!

connorcolesmom said...

Girl you are not a bad blogger
you have your priorities in order and that is what is important
Love Jillian and I agree Helen is too skinny but looks great!
And I love Bob but heard he is gay which makes me sad :(
Have a great weekend girl!
Much love
Kim

Kelli said...

I think the most important thing about blogging is that you ENJOY it. If you ever stop blogging though, we will just have to become real life friends. :)

AND can I just say who made you the new secret source for The Biggest Loser!!! Good info girl!! I AM SO HAPPY THAT DANIEL GETS ANOTHER SHOT! HOORAY!

Have a happy happy 3 day weekend!

Megan said...

Girl, I agree with not wanting to blog lately. I am about to post but it's been about two week. I have just been so busy. Anyway.....we need to get together ASAP. I will be out of school in 6 1/2 days! Wooohooo!!!

Love you!