Anyway, onto my crazy fun, very social weekend! May tends to always be a more social month, and this sanguine loves nothing more than a full social calendar. This weekend was all about celebrating different people and every minute was delightful.
I started the weekend at Pappasito's for sweet Heather's birthday celebration! You can never go wrong with Pappasito's, girls or chocolate cake from Newks and we enjoyed all three. If you can imagine, we chatted the night away, then watched Heather open up all her fun gifts. She got some super fun things that I'm not coveting. After we stuffed ourselves we headed to Heather's house to play games, which turned into talking about how hard it was to raise little boys. Let me tell you this, I'll be nothing if not prepared when I get married and start having kids. Between my BFF's all being married and these friends, I'll be ultra prepared. And I'm loving it. We stayed at her house until almost 1:00 a.m. and then I crashed in my bed.
Can you believe this is the ONLY picture I took all night? Once Heather blogs about it, I'll be ripping them off her blog. The cake was delicious!
Unfortunately, I was wide awake at 7:30 and forced myself out of bed at 8:00. Blah. Since I was feeling energetic after such quality sleep, I drove myself straight to the gym and hit the treadmill for 50 minutes. Clearly my lack of sleep had something to do with that move. And although I'd like to say I literally hit the treadmill for that long, I actually treaded on it. Afterwards I would have loved to have tackled the thing. I was hurtin' for certain. You know what kept me going? Take a wild guess. Okay, yes, it was hearing Bob Harper & Jillian Michaels yell LAST CHANCE WORKOUT at me the entire time. Oh yes, yes it was.
That afternoon after a shower I headed to Loribeth, one of my senior girls, graduation party. Stop the presses, folks, can you believe I'm already attending their parties? It's too soon. The party supplied me with some more cake and junk food that I happily scarfed down because I'm certain I burned at least 7968 calories while treading on the mill.
Me and LB!
After I left the party, I headed to one of our high schools to see my other girl, Shannon, dance in her very last spring show as a Bailadora, which is what they call their drill team girls. It was a great, entertianing, yet long show! It didn't end until 11:30! Two late nights in a row and this girl was pooped. But, I would have missed the end for the anything to get to hug her neck!
Sunday after church the parentals and I drove up to College Station so my mom could see her youngest boy and feed him lunch. He has finals this week so my mom didn't think it was necessary that he drove home just to see her, so we went there. I always love taking those little trips because inevitably we laugh the entire time. This time we got tickled because as we were eating lunch at 2:30 with no one else in the restaurant, Kev and I were singing our heads off. Seriously, we're so obnoxious. And the same person.
The mom really wanted sweet potato fries so we ended up eating at Carter's, this little burger joint. Such a classy lunch! But folks, when mama wants sweet potato fries on Mother's Day, you get her sweet potato fries.
Right after Carter's we hopped in the car and drove ourselves straight to Spoons Frozen Yogurt. I know I've talked about Spoons on here before, but it's heavenly. It's a self-serve place, run by college students and I don't know how else to explain it except for the fact that you leave there feeling sick. We even got to enjoy eating it outside which was a fun little treat.
Moms yogurt didn't look to appetizing, but it was delicious!
YUM!!
After Spoons we went to Kev's apartment to grab a few things to bring home with us. He's actually done with school today so we started the moving out process a bit early. I always hated the moving out AND moving in process, but I've realized with boys there is a lot less stuff. Especially when he had a furnished apartment! The apartment, though normally clean and organized, was all empty and not so clean. Would you expect more before moving two boys out? I think not.
My mom got very silly the minute she put on Kev's cowboy boots. She cracks herself up. And us.
Here I am showing the fam a little kick box cardio move in one of Kev's over sized teachers he made for his impact camp.
Kev's been going to Blinn Community College for the past two years and has been a pseudo Aggie. But, this week he got accepted into A&M! I don't think I've ever seen the boy more happy and we're all so proud.
Kev likes to make fun of my when I "poof" my hair. But it's so necessary.
6 comments:
loved all the pics of your fun weekend!!!! you are too cute and i see where you get it from - your family is awesome!
hope you are having a great week, my dear!
What a great weekend!!! That make your own yogurt looks like something I need to try out!
I'm thinking you wanted to say "t-shirt" instead of Kev having an oversized teacher!! LOL! Thank you for a "couldn't be better if we tried" Mother's Day - having Bri there would have made it "perfect!!"
M
Fun times!!
And that picture of me and Heather is GORGEOUS I tell you GORGEOUS.
(eek!)
xoxoxoxo
Such a fun weekend and love that necklace you had on with the purple shirt!!!!
Such a fun weekend and love that necklace you had on with the purple shirt!!!!
Post a Comment