Would you please stop creeping up on me? Every year I have a little panic attack on May 1st because I can't imagine that we're already in the fifth month of the year. Like really, where has 2010 gone? A few reasons May tends to give me hives are as follows.
1) I lead a small group of Senior girls. Do you know what that means? That means that I have all of 2 meetings left with them. It also means that we have to come up with some "end of the year" party and I'm not sure I can mentally wrap my mind around that. Do you get the feeling I'm a teeny bit attached? I'll just stop there.
2) It means that one month from TOMORROW I'll be 25. 25! A quarter of a century old. Really? I have my thoughts about turning 25 but I'll save those for a more appropriate date. But more than anything, I'm so excited!
3) After May comes June. June means camp in Florida. Florida means beaches. Beaches mean swimsuit. I'm cringing thinking about putting on a swimsuit especially after I just pigged out on Chicken Fried Rice and custard. Although I'm consistent to go to my step aerobics class at the gym, that's about all I'm consistent with! I need to step in up a notch or 20. I'm also thinking Shred might make a comeback. We'll see about that.
4) June means summer! And while I love summer I also immediately revert to the word insane. Not only is our weather stupidly hot and insane (I have theory that since we had such a cold winter we're going to have a really hot summer.) my schedule tends to be pretty insane as well. I get the privilege of going on every youth trip. Believe me, I love absolutely love traveling and going on all the trips, but add my vacation to that and I'm gone a little over four weeks from June to July. And that's just the trips! We still have a calender chock full of events all summer long. Hence why the word insane comes to mind. I always feel like I need another vacation after summer. (It's times like these I'm so thankful I'm single and don't have a family and children to care for and worry about, nor feel guilty about leaving. I know once I have a family these trips will be few and far between. I'm eating it up while I can!)
5) With all that said, I really do love May! It's always a crazy month, but a good, fun month. I have a few weddings, a handful of graduations parties, birthday parties and more. It's a very social month, and for this sanguine, that's a very good thing.
So May, I guess I'll welcome you in my little world, but would you please slow down?
6 comments:
:D
I just found your blog, and well you are super cute. I love your rambling. haha.
but the point that got me is that I aspire to be either a Youth Pastor, or Children's Ministry Director.
Seems you are kind of like that? hmmm.
-makay
I love May. It means a break from school, and wrapping up our weekly youth group meetings to move on to summer youth events like campouts and beach trips!
Good luck saying goodbye to your seniors. I can't even imagine. :-( I'll be there with my youth girls in two years.
oh my, oh may! i'm with you on this! how is it already the fifth month?
yay for may because i get to see your sweet face soon! =) even tho i do agree that it is SUPER crazy that it is already may! love you!!!
I didn't realize you are EXACTLY the same age as my Meghan. She'll be 25 a month after you! It's SO cool that I have come to adore a girl my daughter's age! You are very wise and I'm honored to be your friend. Enjoy this "insane" month! Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun!
Thank you for all of your prayers last weekend. I am positive they were heard! It means a lot to me! I got your comment just as I was going into the church so the timing was absolutely perfect!
Love you, sweetie!
Angie xoxo
You are making me cry about May, and about the number 25. Would you like to trade and I will take 25 and you can take thir, thir, thir....... you know what I am getting at.
Post a Comment