Thursday, April 29, 2010

So Long, Atlanta! You Were So Good To Us!

I'm not sure why it's taken me almost an entire week to blog about my Atlanta trip, but I do have a few issues that have kept me from documenting a hilariously fun weekend.

1) I am just pooped from the weekend. Seriously can't get to bed early enough each night! Seven hours (or 7 1/2 I should say) for an entire weekend is just flat wrong. Plus, I hopped right back into full throttle work on Sunday when I returned. I don't think my brain has recovered.

2) Monday I could barely function. So writing a blog post? Please.

3) There is just SO much to blog about, yet I feel like I can't do it justice with both writing and pictures, so I've avoided blogging all around. Cool, I know! I'm going to give you what I can and I'll just have to get over my perfectionism. Or insecurity is what I should label that.

Friday afternoon after work, I headed back to my house, picked up my teeny carry-on suitcase, drove through McDonald's and met Jen & her dad at my parents house where I left my car. We scurried to the airport then proceeded to wait for what seemed like years to even lay eyes on our plane. We finally boarded our pencil (yes, it was one of those that I can't even stand up straight it) and landed in Atlanta 2 hours later. Kim offered to pick us up and we were so grateful!

Little did we know that airport is 78 miles long and we walked the entire thing. We were sweating and huffing and puffing. I know we looked like dorks because we probably walked past the same people on the tram 12 different times and I know they wondered why we weren't on it with them. We're naive if anything. Finally we spotted Kim and Nikki at the top of the escalator and we were besides ourselves with blogging joy. And because we're bloggers, Kim was taking pictures of us the whole time. It was kind of like the paparazzi.

Kim explained to me she had a little surprise for me in her car and I couldn't wait to get there! I love me a surprise. To my great delight I hopped in the seat behind her and low and behold she brought her Big Se*y Hairspray and Big Se*y Root Pump with her for me to use that weekend. I obviously couldn't take that with me on the plane, so I was filled with joy! Thank you, Kim!

Right as we were pulling out, we happened to spot Kelly with all her sweet friends loading up their car. Kim rolled down our car windows and then I proceeded to sound like an absolute dork because I was so caught of guard I didn't know what to say. Thankfully, at the perfect moment Jenna turned around and attacked me with a hug through my window. It made all the awkwardness disappear! They were so sweet and then we went on our merry way!

Back at the hotel, we had many wonderful reunions! I haven't seen most of the ladies since San Antonio which was almost two years ago so it was so fun to jump, scream and hug! All of us decided Starbucks was in order so we crammed in the car and headed that way. We shut the place down!

Friday night we stayed up WAY to late chatting and laughing. After lunch Saturday I was really starting to feel the effects of my lack of sleep. I was doodling to stay awake! It was awful!

Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? I just typed all of that and it's only Friday? Bless my heart.

Saturday we obviously headed to the conference where Jen and I sat in overflow while the rest of our peeps served at the LPM tables and had priority seating. However, I have to say that I still enjoyed being in overflow. Me and Jen met up with my friend Lindsay and it was fun meeting her. Talk about a sweet girl!

This is where I should talk about the conference itself. But I'm going to be really honest and say it's still so much to process! I took tons of notes and have been looking over them every day. I don't want to flippantly just talk about what she taught without letting it soak in my heart first. However, it was amazing and my heart longs to pursue security in Christ and Christ alone. I'm so thankful for her obedience and passionate heart to write a book like this one. I didn't know how much I needed it until I started reading it!

Okay, trying to speed things up!

After the conference we chatted for a long time with tons of peeps, then headed to Starbucks to get a second wind. We needed it badly! Once we exhausted our caffeine drip, we headed to the siesta gathering, connecting the dots! It was fun and my favorite part was hearing a word from sweet Lisa. (Lisa, how did we not get a picture this time?) Homegirl can teach and she did just that. I really enjoyed just getting to witness how the Lord has gifted her!

We still hadn't eaten so after that we plopped ourselves at Rafferty's. Y'all, I'm not sure I've attended a funnier meal. I'd say we were all a little bit punchy by 9:00 that night! Add lack of food to that and you've got some legal crazies. We laughed until we cried and then laughed some more and took a few ridiculous pictures! After our wild and crazy dinner we headed back to the hotel in the monsoon where we then proceeded to chat it up until the wee hours of the morning. By that point I was so delirious I wrote everyone a goodnight note. And while that sounds super sweet, I assure you it was delirium and randomness. Pure treasures at best!

Sunday morning came way to quick when we said our "See you laters!" and then Karen dropped us off at the airport. Would you be shocked if I told you I slept the entire way home? Because I did. Out like a light!

Every second of the weekend was an absolute blessing and blast! I'm not sure a blog post could do it justice, but after all, that's what we do. We blog.

If that wasn't the longest recap over, enjoy some pics of the weekend! I ripped some of them off facebook, but I'm 100% secure in that.

This is by far my favorite picture of the weekend! Pretty much sums it up.

Kim snapped a picture of us real quick with our hair products we were not allowed to bring on the plane. Love it!

Jen & I driving Fran's van to the conference! Starbucks in tow. Duh!

How did I get these out of order? Anywho, this is from Friday evening once we arrived at Starbucks. Yup, Abby, me and Jen all crammed in the back of the Explorer! Don't worry, it was one block away! Plus, it's only tradition!

Beth and Melissa did a fun little Q&A time that we only got to hear about 10 minutes worth, but it was fun!

Me and sweet Lindsay!


Jenna Babe! Loved getting to meet her. I just wish we could have chatted more! Next time! :)

Here is where our delirium set in. Don't ask!

Such a fun dinner with a great group of ladies!

Fran was serenading us!

Love these ladies to bits!

Karen! If you don't know her, you should. I would have loved to have taken her home with me! Wise, wise woman right there.

Fran and I had issues getting a pictures...


But somehow, we got one and I love it! We look like sisters!

Robyn, you are hilarious! I seriously can't believe this is the first time I met you.


Nikki and I go way back! She totally road in my car to San Antonio. ;) What a treasure!

Kim! I am so grateful for you! Love this lady.

Saying our goodbyes.

Karen was so kind to take her girls to the airport! ;)


Thanks for letting me purge, friends! I loved each and every minute of the weekend. My only regret is that I didn't get to spend as much time with everyone. And that I only got pictures with a few of you. I was awful at having my camera out! It was also so fun meeting some new faces as well! Mercy, I could go on and on, but I'll stop now.

Peace out, yo!

10 comments:

3girlsmom said...

Part of my heart is on this page. And I put my Goodnite Note in my Bible at Proverbs 31. It seemed to fit nicely there.

I heart you, Lindsee Lou. Can't wait to make a trip to Houston and do this all over again, Texas style!

Trina said...

Girl looks like you had a blast! I'm still processing everything Beth said as well, but I did post all my notes because so many people that didn't get to go wanted to see them.

Missy said...

LOVE it! Looks like you had a blast. Next time, I'm going with y'all!

fuzzytop said...

Lindsee,

I'm so sad I didn't get to meet you... durn it! I saw you at the Connecting the Dots, but Darlene and I had to leave early to drive back home. Maybe next time...

Hugs,
Adrienne

Amanda said...

Love it! So sad I wasn't there! Glad you had such a great time, friend!

Lauren said...

So fun!!! Loved your recap! It seriously was a fabulous weekend and Beth totally brought it. Loved the pictures. So sad I didn't get to meet you :(

Lindsey said...

Every time I come over to comment, the blog looks new. Loving the latest look!

Such a treat to finally meet you. Thanks for letting me tag along with you and Jen on Saturday!!

I guess it's my turn to come to Texas...maybe this summer. :)

Blessings,
Lindsey

connorcolesmom said...

Lindsee
What a FUN weekend
I LOVED getting to pick you and Jen up at the airport
It was a DELIGHT
YOu are such a treasure and I am so thankful for you!!
Much love
Kim

Heather said...

Love this!! It makes me so happy!! I a bit bummed I could not partake in all those laughs!! What great memories!

Lindsey said...

I love hearing your take on the weekend. And it was great to meet you for about 5 seconds :)