Anyway, enough about the weather.
I had to be up super early this morning to be at church for praise team, but it was so worth it. I've really missed singing on a consistent basis for a while now, so I'm excited to be back on the praise team rotation! It's such a fun blessing to be able to serve in that way
All of our services went very smoothly, and both contemporary services were packed to the brim, which is always expected.
However, what we didn't expect, nor plan for, was the fire alarm that went off during our last service about 15 minutes into the sermon!
All of the sudden the sirens started going off, and everyone just started looking at each other. Our pastor stood there kind of stunned as well and of course on top of the loud, obnoxious noise was an automated ladies voice saying, "This is an emergency, please exit the building."
I mean, are you serious? Is this really happening?
I've literally been in church my entire life, yes that's only 24 years, but in all those years the fire alarm, as far as I can recall, has never gone off. Let alone on Easter Sunday when there are easily 1,000 people per service in attendance.
After what seemed like minutes, but was probably only one minute, people started exiting calmly and collectively. No one running, no one screaming, just a calm mass exodus. It was very surreal.We all waited outside for about 10 minutes, then got the thumbs up to go back in, that everything was indeed, okay. The real miracle is that most people returned and the rest of the service went off without a hitch.
Who knows if it was spiritual warfare, or a divine appointment, but either way God had a plan for that small interruption. Making it most definitely one of the most memorable Easter services I've ever been to. I give huge props to Pastor Dave for re-grouping and re-focusing everyone back to Christ and what he did on the cross. He still presented the gospel clearly and about 30 came to Christ! Praise the Lord!
After church, we headed to my parents and ate some delicious food. We even got to enjoy some pre-wedding cake, because our pastors wife is making the cake for their sons wedding in May, so she's been practicing. We got to be the taste testers and I was all about volunteering.
Looking back it was a great, relaxing, refreshing, recharging kind of a day. We sang my favorite Easter song, Worthy is the Lamb, and with that alone my day would have been perfect! What's your favorite Easter song? (Truly, I say that's mine but I have about 27.) I just love Easter!
The "fake" wedding cake! Tasty!
My sweet family of 5. Love them!
Our friends, Jan & Stuart. They're like family to us! (Really, my parents entire small group is like family. But they weren't all there. Shout out to them. They're the best group ever! And they've been together for a sweet forever!)
Brother. Sister. Brother.
Mom likes her little boy and girl plant holders!
At this point we were being completely silly! But I think it's cute!
Check out my ginormous ring. I love it.
Smile!
At this point Kev was just playing with my camera.
I can't wear white without getting something on it. Bummer.
Kevyn and Jane! Best buds!
My mom and Jessie. Jessie has been apart of our family since Katrina! We love her!
Our beloved pastor and his wife, Dave and Kathi. We love them!
Happy Easter, everyone! I hope your day was delightful!
9 comments:
haha. I totally heard about the fire alarm after the service I went too. And.... Nice top with the white pants. haha.
After having my apartment fire, I can say it was divine intervention from God that it DIDN'T HAPPEN and the service I was at, or I would have bolted out running and screaming.hahahaha
kp
I am so excited that 30 people were saved yesterday!! Praise God!!
I have a lot of Easter songs that I like but I really rate this one at the top...."Then Came the Morning"!
Our whole weekend was gorgeous and hot. Loved it! We sat outside all day... I sat on the front porch and had my own sunrise service and sat out back and watched the sunset. :)
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Patty
We weren't there but heard all about the "emergency"! AND you picked a good top to wear with the white pants. :)
Well.....my goodness ain't that something??!!! That is something you will never forget!!!
Happy post-Easter my sweet friend. Keep His resurrection spirit alive!
Love,
Fran
That's so crazy! I'm glad the pastor was able to regroup. Last summer the fire alarm went off at our church while we were in Sunday school. I pretty much spazzed out and rushed outside to find my baby after barking orders to my husband to get our boy. Everyone saw what a freak I am!
I love "Before the Throne of God Above." It's such a beautiful song!
It's amazing to me that so many people got saved despite the giant distraction during the service. Just goes to show that God is bigger than our circumstances!
LOVING the big ring!!! and so glad you got to wear your precious white pants! love you sweet friend!
I can't wait till you sing up there again, because this week all I wanted to do was clap my hands over my head during the O happy day song!! But I don't think you could've seen me in that mass of people!
My fave song that I thought they would for sure sing is In Christ Alone. I was singing it all weekend to get ready for Sunday but then...nothing. Oh well. :)
I have to say that has never happen to me in church either. It won't be a Sunday you will soon forget. Glad that 30 people now know Christ...Awesome!
Looks like a wonderful Easter!
Post a Comment