Once upon a time there was a girl who lived in Houston, Texas that was undeniably obsessed with the reality TV show, The Biggest Loser. Some might call it an unhealthy obsession, but I like to refer to it as a very strong liking toward said TV program.


Okay, well actually, once upon a time isn't the correct reference as I am still very much gripped by The Biggest Loser. It still holds the number one spot in my ranking of TV shows. Glee & The Office come in at a very close second. If you asked me why I love it so much, I would have no idea. I simply love it. Although I did attempt to explain my love for it here if you're still intrigued by my love for a simple TV show.
To be completely honest, since I have such high aspirations in life, my bucket list includes visiting the Biggest Loser Ranch (which I just might get to do this summer), meeting the infamous Bob Harper & Jillian Michaels and attending a live finale. Yes, folks, I aspire to much. My parents are so proud.
About a month ago we were at our monthly youth pastors network meeting and somehow Biggest Loser came up in our conversation. I think it's because we were explaining our theme for our summer camp which happens to be Biggest Loser. (Before you all go thinking that was my idea, think again. It was completely 100% my bosses idea, but one that I very much encouraged and loved.) Anyway, one of the other youth pastors from a church around the corner from us popped up and mentioned that they were bringing in Michelle Aguilar from season 6 one Wednesday evening.
I immediately flipped out. They didn't have to ask me if I knew who she was when I basically yelled that she is my favorite contestant of all the seasons! I know I acted completely ridiculous, but I was excited nonetheless.
Of course they invited me to come and meet her and not two seconds later it was in my iPhone calendar.
That day was yesterday.
After work I headed straight to the church along with Mary, Dana and Megan, all of whom love the show as well.
The only bummer was that I knew I would have to leave early because I had rehearsal for Easter at the same time.
Once they let all the students in, I asked one of my youth pastor friends if I could meet her. Of course he obliged and pointed me towards her standing by the sound booth. At that point I got super, super nervous. What do I say to her, is all I kept thinking. But, I knew that if I left without getting the chance to meet her, I would have been totally irritated with myself.
I walked up to her, and mumbled something to the effect of, "Hi Michelle. Um, I'm so glad you're here. I work with girls. Thank you for coming. You're my favorite and um, always have been. And, um, thank you. Um, you're great. And I, um, can't wait to hear your story"
Seriously, I acted like a complete and utter idiot. She was so sweet, asked me my name, said thank you, told me she was nervous, and yada, yada, yada. And then we commemorated by taking a picture. (One of which, to be completely honest, I don't like of myself, but beggars can't be choosers.)
After worship, they introduced her and she proceeded to tell her story and then they went into a Q&A session with her of questions that the students wrote down.
Of course the first question was about how Bob & Jillian were in real life. Her answer?
"Bob, on T.V., nice. Bob, off T.V., mean. Jillian, on T.V., mean. Jillian, off T.V., nice."
I kind of figured.
There were a ton more questions, and then I had to leave a little before she ended. I loved every second of it! Meeting her and listening to her. I knew her story already because of how much Biggest Loser honed in on it during her season, but it was nice to hear an un-edited version.
If you've not heard her story, please click here to listen to her I Am Second video. I think I Am Second is such a neat ministry and she was blessed to be apart of it!
And I was blessed to get to meet her!
Next bucket list item? Get her to speak at one of my girls retreats.
Hey, it could happen!
To be completely honest, since I have such high aspirations in life, my bucket list includes visiting the Biggest Loser Ranch (which I just might get to do this summer), meeting the infamous Bob Harper & Jillian Michaels and attending a live finale. Yes, folks, I aspire to much. My parents are so proud.
About a month ago we were at our monthly youth pastors network meeting and somehow Biggest Loser came up in our conversation. I think it's because we were explaining our theme for our summer camp which happens to be Biggest Loser. (Before you all go thinking that was my idea, think again. It was completely 100% my bosses idea, but one that I very much encouraged and loved.) Anyway, one of the other youth pastors from a church around the corner from us popped up and mentioned that they were bringing in Michelle Aguilar from season 6 one Wednesday evening.
I immediately flipped out. They didn't have to ask me if I knew who she was when I basically yelled that she is my favorite contestant of all the seasons! I know I acted completely ridiculous, but I was excited nonetheless.
Of course they invited me to come and meet her and not two seconds later it was in my iPhone calendar.
That day was yesterday.
After work I headed straight to the church along with Mary, Dana and Megan, all of whom love the show as well.
The only bummer was that I knew I would have to leave early because I had rehearsal for Easter at the same time.
Once they let all the students in, I asked one of my youth pastor friends if I could meet her. Of course he obliged and pointed me towards her standing by the sound booth. At that point I got super, super nervous. What do I say to her, is all I kept thinking. But, I knew that if I left without getting the chance to meet her, I would have been totally irritated with myself.
I walked up to her, and mumbled something to the effect of, "Hi Michelle. Um, I'm so glad you're here. I work with girls. Thank you for coming. You're my favorite and um, always have been. And, um, thank you. Um, you're great. And I, um, can't wait to hear your story"
Seriously, I acted like a complete and utter idiot. She was so sweet, asked me my name, said thank you, told me she was nervous, and yada, yada, yada. And then we commemorated by taking a picture. (One of which, to be completely honest, I don't like of myself, but beggars can't be choosers.)
After worship, they introduced her and she proceeded to tell her story and then they went into a Q&A session with her of questions that the students wrote down.
Of course the first question was about how Bob & Jillian were in real life. Her answer?
"Bob, on T.V., nice. Bob, off T.V., mean. Jillian, on T.V., mean. Jillian, off T.V., nice."
I kind of figured.
There were a ton more questions, and then I had to leave a little before she ended. I loved every second of it! Meeting her and listening to her. I knew her story already because of how much Biggest Loser honed in on it during her season, but it was nice to hear an un-edited version.
If you've not heard her story, please click here to listen to her I Am Second video. I think I Am Second is such a neat ministry and she was blessed to be apart of it!
And I was blessed to get to meet her!
Next bucket list item? Get her to speak at one of my girls retreats.
Hey, it could happen!
8 comments:
J.E.A.L.O.U.S.
And I figured that about Bob & Jillian, too.
SOOOOOOO cool! I love her!
Oh so jealous!
PS-Don't know if I've commented before, but I love reading. :)
That is so cool!
LOVED being there too...but I didn't get to meet her! BUT her story was so cool and one that is still being written.
I also love the BL and Michelle. That I am second video was riveting.
God will use her story.
Eeek! That is awesome!
So happy for you, even though I have no idea who that is! But don't hold that against me please! I feel like I should be jealous like everyone else. You look great in that picture, and she's a cute girl!
Post a Comment