Thursday, May 13, 2010

You Asked, I Answer: Part 1

Because I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator, I'm just now getting around to answering your questions from the fun Q&A post. However, I didn't want to overwhelm you with all the questions at once (because let's face it, I can be pretty wordy) I've decided to do it in two parts. That means you get part one today and part two in 15 years. Kidding. Maybe. Enjoy, my sweet peeps, and I pray you're not too bored.

How do you deal with people trying to set you up just because they want to see you happy? Because this can be mega awkward.
Yes, I completely agree, this can be mega awkward. For me it all depends on who is trying to set me up! Some people I’d trust with my life, and for those I’m more than willing to be open to it. Many people have tried to set me up, but most times it amounts to nothing. I wrote about that here!

My question is...how do you stay so positive?
Let’s be honest here, I have my days. However, that’s just it, they are just days. As much as I think that being single desiring to be married and waiting is hard, I think that being married desiring to be single is harder. The joy of the Lord truly is my strength and how I know that my joy comes from Him is because it’s HIS fruit, not mine (Gal.5:22). The Lord has considered me worthy to be in a season of waiting and I don’t want to take that for granted. We all have our “thing” and this is mine. When I say I desire to be more like Jesus and fall more in love with him, I’m completely serious. I’ve come to believe that this time of singleness is such a focused time with minimal distractions (as far as boys are concerned) and I don’t want to leave this season the same I entered. Paul considers this an “undivided devotion to the Lord” (1 Cor. 7:35) and that’s how I see it too. It’s a blessing, not a curse! But I wait in hope for the Lord! He knows my desires. I remind myself of that every day. Sometimes every hour.

One last thing and I’ll move on, I surround myself with friends and family. Obviously I’m in the ministry which consumes 75% of my time, but when I’m not working, I call my peeps up to do something. I love me a good couch night every so often, but I also love me some people! People make me extremely happy. The Lord has blessed me with some amazing friends and family, which I am so thankful for. It makes singleness more than bearable.

I would love it if you devoted an entire blog post to your girl’s ministry!
That sounds awesome! But, what would you like to hear more about? I could go on and on about girls ministry until the fat lady sings. Okay, kidding, I’ve only got two “official” years under my belt, but still. What’s something you want to hear about?

I love the spelling of your name! So my question... is there any special reason your parents spelled it such a cute way? Seriously love it.
Growing up I was never a fan of my odd spelling, but now I love it! Reason being I could never get those cute little gadgets with my name engraved on it, they were all spelled wrong! However, there is no special reason my name is spelled different. No reason at all! The only reason I can give you is that my parents love to be different (in a good way) so they spelled all of our names in unique ways. My brothers’ names are Brien and Kevyn. See the difference? I love it.

Once you find your mate, which you will, have you considered writing a book? Seriously! I have always felt like no one out there can relate to what I am going through in terms of being a girl in her twenties with no kiss, no dates, no prospects...sorry...but now I feel like I do and I am sure there are other women out there who could use the encouragement. So, how about it?
First off, thank you for your kind words. I'm honored that you would think little ole me could write a book. I'll say this, I'm not against it in any way, shape or form. With that said, it would have to be a complete work of God because I don't feel equipped or worthy to write a book of any kind. I do enjoy writing, but I don't think I'm necessarily good at it. But if the Lord allows, or guides me in that way, I'd pray I do it in a way that only brings glory and honor to Him and Him alone. After all, He chose this journey for me, I didn't choose it for myself.

I love shoes...love, love shoes...what size shoes do you wear...and where do you shop for them?
Oh sister! I love me some shoes too. You should see my shoe collection. It’s pitiful! I’m a girly girl for sure. Anywho, I wear a size 10 (can totally fit into a 9 ½ at times) and honestly, I’m a bargain girl at best which most often leads me to Target. Sometimes I consider myself a slave to Target. Since I love them so much, and own so many pairs, my wallet could never afford all the expensive pairs. Granted, for things like my nice boots and other special occasions, I love me some Dillard’s and Macy’s shoe section, but most times you’ll find me browsing Target, Payless, TJ Maxx, Ross & Marshalls.

Do you ever have people pressure you to pursue guys your might be interested in?
I wouldn’t say anyone has pressured me to pursue them, what they have encouraged me to do is to be more open to dating them. Make myself available. Flirt. Yes, flirt. I’m not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to flirting, and while I’m not the biggest fan, I also think guys are dorks and sometimes need a clue. But no, most times I hear, if he’s interested, he’ll pursue you. But, if you are wondering, I had a big ring debacle sometime last year and was strongly encouraged to take the ring I was currently wearing off of my ring finger. I obliged. I’m now ring less.

Happy Thursday & Happy Weekend! Thanks so much for playing along!

5 comments:

Vivian said...

Yay..you finally answered the questions...and mine in particular!! Love the answers. Remain blessed!!

Heather said...

Oh wait, I have a question!! When I am going to be removed imaginary friends to IRL friends?? :)

Missy said...

Heather - I have wondered the SAME thing! What will it take to get to that status????? ha ha

Lauren said...

You and I are like soul sisters… I so hope we have the opportunity to meet someday! You speak my heart! Love ya, girl!! :)

Lindsey said...

slove it! for the record...I'm a 9.5-10 shoe as well. :)

It's really too bad we don't live closer!!