Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Week In Review

Hello friends.

I should be packing a small weekend bag right now as I type since I'm headed out of town, yet again, tomorrow morning, but I've chosen to procrastinate and instead, document my week.

Time out.

Okay, back again. My BFF Joanna just called from Montana and we needed to finish chatting! Today is her 25th birthday and I want to state the obvious by saying that homechick lives TOO FAR AWAY from me. I miss her more than I miss Diet Coke and I'm going to need us to celebrate our birthdays again together ASAP! I think the world of that dear girl. She is beautiful, compassionate, hilarious, hard working, loving and a great prayer warrior. We're growing old together and we love it. We just chatted for about 20 minutes on how turning 25 is weird. Does anyone else feel that way? We can't pin it down on why, it just is. Happy Birthday, Joanna Montana! I love you!

For real now, back to my fun week.

It's started out Monday when I checked myself into a hotel. Oh yes, yes I most certainly did. I woke up Monday morning feeling the urge to retreat and followed through with myself! I'll have you know up front that I have never done that before. I'm not one who thrives on alone time. I am sanguine, after all. But I needed a mental break from life and quite honestly, needed to recharge. I love camp, but by the time I get back I've poured out so much, I have nothing left to give. Not even a friendly good morning. I was really looking forward to laying by a pool and reading, but when I pulled up to my hotel to find that it was more like a "motel" I quickly re-routed. (Meaning, the doors were all outside. There were no hallways. Nope, not wise for a girl who would be staying there alone!) I reserved another room at a different hotel, and then was so disappointed when, upon arrival, there was only an inside pool. Huge bummer!

Anyway, I ended up getting a mani and pedi, tooting around town, picking up Subway for dinner, watching The Bachelorette, working out, and then I got serious. After that I had some great reading, journaling and scripture time and that did not disappoint. Definitely necessary for my tired mind! I honestly didn't sleep to good that night, but I'm still glad I did it. I knew the Lord wanted me to get away with just Him and so I did. Believe me, more often than not I was tempted to call some of my besties up to have a slumber party, but I refrained. Next time I do this (and there will be a next time) I'll know better what to expect! And I'll definitely be getting an outside pool. I think that's one thing I love about singleness. I don't have to worry about a family or husband or dinner or babysitters! I can just go! Enjoy it, single ladies, who knows how much time we have left in this season!

Tuesday I headed straight to work and right into meetings! It was a busy day but flew by, which thrilled me because Tuesday night I started our Siesta Summer Ruth Bible study! I'm so excited to be doing this study for many, many reasons. Some include just my season in life, and the fact that it will keep me accountable during the busy summer. But, the Lord has blessed me with a really sweet and fun group of girls to do it with! I am the only single girl out of about 15 of us, but I feel like the Lord has dropped 14 mentors in my lap. Truly. I don't take one of them for granted! I woke up with such joy on Wednesday morning. I'm excited to see where this summer leads and what the Lord has in store!

Wednesday was by far the most fun! That morning I headed to the theater to see Toy Story 3 in 3D with the middle school students. They normally do their activities in the evening, but we went to the matinee since it's cheaper. It was so fun and the movie was adorable! I'm a fan of Toy Story in general so my happy meter was high! I worked after the movie then after work, we loaded our high school peeps in multiple cars and caravanned down to Minute Maid park to cheer on our Astros! We go every summer and it's one of my favorite nights, not really because I just love watching sports, but because I love being social. But, if I had to choose a sport, it would easily be baseball. I actually understand what's going on. Jen and I have a special saying for this sport that I don't feel would be appropriate to share on this here blog. Just know that it rhymes. ;)

This year we got the "all you can eat" tickets and pigged out. The boys were in ballpark heaven! I, however, was done after one hot dog and a box of popcorn. We had such a blast! And to top it off, we won! That alone was a miracle!

Here I am loving the baseball. Did you know as many times as I've been to a game, I've always wanted to take a picture on one of these and never have? It made my night. Well, that and the rest of our crazy fun pictures.

I love me some Mary! She's leaving me next year for Mary-Hardin Baylor. Isn't that so appropriate?

Michaela and Bethany!

Future roommies!

Craig Biggio and I. We go way back. Best buds.

We either just had a heart to heart, or I look like I'm about to plant one on him.

Real baseball men don't smile.

Bethany loves the boys!

Seriously, they were so sweet to chat it up with us!

I almost had the ball!




Some super cute freshman girls!

Some of our crew!



Cute girls! So fun!

We scored and got to sit behind Hunter Pence all night. He's nice looking. ;) And I'll have you know that as I was taking this picture, they were all making fun of me.


After the game I went home and crashed! It's exhausting working in student ministries during the summer. Especially attending all the fun activities! Ha! I hope you hear the sarcasm. I was pooped, and although it is exhausting, days like this are more just plain fun! To call my job fun is a blessing!

Today has been more normal! Back to work like a mad woman and then Bible study this evening. I really enjoyed the worship tonight. It was just what I needed! I enjoy days like this because it reminds me that there is a normal!

I hope you've all had a great week! Can you believe next week is already July? I'm in awe. Where is this summer going? Slow down!

As I said, I'm out for the weekend! Going to celebrate Raven's birthday and I couldn't be more thrilled to spend a weekend with some of my favorite girls.

Peace out, yo!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Lindsee, I am so thrilled that you got to have that alone time. I think you’ve inspired me to do that myself sometime. Loved all the pics, such exciting stuff going on and you’re adorable as always. And I so agree, such a blessing and so great you have a job you can call “fun…. Have a great weekend!!!

bethany said...

Hi Lindsee,
I hopped over to your blog from Gran Jan's. Doing some siesta sister blog hopping today!
You are a beautiful young woman..your heart for the Lord has blessed me many times over and that is just from your blog comments on the LPM blog...reading your blog has given me a little more inight into your precious heart. Enjoy your 20's sister! They will go much too quickly...believe me as I say that nearly halfway into my 30's!!! Yikes!
I love that you were able to have some alone time. I really like that idea and may just have to plan one myself. Just might look into heading to the coast...california girl that I am. I always try to take the coast in one day, why not make it a retreat weekend for me and my Lord?!
Thanks for the idea sweet one!
Love and Blessings,
Bethany

annalee said...

oh how you make me smile! love those pictures of you and your baseball men.

jennyhope said...

you are cracking me up so bad in these pics. Girl the Lord has great things for you. You are a beautiful person and so used of God to shine and encourage others! Lots of love!

Heather said...

You crack me up, that's all I wanted to say!! :)

Kelli said...

You are such a blessing to me... and mentor to me. I hope you know that you INSPIRE us married ladies on a daily basis!

Love you!