Sunday, June 13, 2010

Why Am I Still Up?

Seriously, y'all.

I'm scheduled to pile on a bus with 50 high school students in 5 hours and I'm still up. And I'm not even considering the fact that I have to be AT the church to load up in 4 hours. I'm insane.

Anyway, it's safe to say the crazy has set in for the summer and I'm off to my first of many trips this summer.

We're headed to Florida for our annual summer camp and I have many things tossing in my mind this very moment.

However, the reason I logged on and felt that blogging was something I had to scratch off my to-do list is because:

1) I haven't blogged all week and I felt the need to do so. I've been going ninety to nothin' and by the time I would sit down to write, I lost all creativity and inspiration.

2) More importantly, though, I'm asking that y'all will pray for us while we're at camp. I think it goes without saying that heading towards that part of the gulf is a bit intimidating right now, but we're thankful that currently where we're headed, there is no oil. We're praying it stays that way and we'll get to enjoy the beach with our kiddos. (Or students, I should say.)

But also, JJ and I are teaching this week. I'm only teaching one night (Tuesday night), and although I'm thrilled to share my heart and what the Lord's been teaching me on a certain subject, I'm anxious as all get out. I always get that way before I teach in front of the big group. I think our main concern is that they hear us all the time. We're praying that our words fall fresh on their hearts as if it's a speaker coming in they've never heard before that they're completely in tune with.

The advantage to us teaching is we know our students well. We know what they need to hear and what they don't, which is a blessing in itself, but then again, we're their normal.

Would you please pray with and for us? I know both JJ and I would be so grateful and will so covet your prayers.

I hope you all have a great week! I challenge you to invest in someone younger than you this week. Even though you may never see fruit in your investing in them, you will leave a mark on them. I promise you're doing more than you'll ever know. Just a challenge I thought was appropriate since our theme is Biggest Loser and all. ;)

I promise to be back with stories about non-oily beaches, lucky charms, laughter, Jesus, trips to Walmart, brokenness and long, smelly bus rides.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Been praying for this trip! I can't believe you are already on the road!! Praying for your words to be His! Praying for your body to feel rested even when you are running out of steam this week!!

Lindsey said...

From your tweets, I can tell you're already on the road....praying for continued safe travels, for you, and for those kiddos!

I circled Tuesday night on my calendar as well, so rest assured I'll be praying you up then too!!

Sarah M. said...

Girl, if you're coming to the Panhandle of FL (further east than Pensacola) I can testify that there is no oil right now! Last I heard was that we may have it at the end of the week, but that was last week...so who knows but God alone!? Enjoy your beach time..and your students! (I'm roughly an hour east of Panama City Beach if that's where you're headed.)

Angela said...

Hope your camp is awesome! You will go great....
Praying for an awesome week!

Lauren said...

So hope you have a wonderful time and that everyone’s time is blessed beyond measure. Can’t wait to hear all about it :)

Leslie said...

I am praying for you! What fun!! Also, I have been thinking and praying for you as the Lord brings you to mind ever since I read your post about your birthday. You probably think I am a crazy lady, but I am just so refreshed by your heart for the Lord and desire to honor HIm in your singleness! Anyway, I had shared a bit about my dating stuff on a comment earlier, but I wrote our "story" out on my blog for a marriage challenge I am participating in this summer. I just thought of you and thought you might be encouraged. We serve a faithful God. Blessings...

http://buntfamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/chc-dating-days-our-god-love-story.html