Well, not really sick, but hang with me.
My friend, Tara, posted these pictures on her blog about this girl on the Tyra Banks show that has recently tried out to be on America's Next Top Model.
I wanted to puke when I saw them, for multiple reasons.



1) What is this showing our girls? What is this showing our woman? That we should strive to be this skinny? A skinny that isn't even healthy?
2) Although we know in our hearts this is not the weight we are to achieve, in our heads we desperately want to be the skinny, beautiful girl that we think gets all the attention and these pictures don't help.
3) How does it help our comparing issues? Ugh. I just hate it.
4) Also, would homegirl please eat a cookie? Some cookie dough? A bowl of ice cream? Something, please.
It rips me apart to hear so many girls I'm around degrade their own bodies and discuss how "fat" they are and how discontent they are with their bodies. Or just always comparing what size they wear to their best friends. I know some of it is attention, they want some sort of attention and they'll get the inevitable pretty comment if they say things like that. I also know this is a legitimate struggle that is far and wide among young girls all they way to ladies in their 70's. But it still makes my heart hurt.
I'm not saying I don't struggle with this, but if I let it consume me we all know the kind of ditch I'd be in. I'm saying let's strive to honor our bodies in a healthy way. Let's not neglect or go overboard, both are sin.
And in the meantime, join me in praying for our precious girls. The ones who are caught in a death trap. It breaks my heart.
And for the love of stars, please eat a piece of cake every once in a while.
8 comments:
wow.
This picture made me sick the first time I saw it! Horrible example for young girls!
No words at the moment, too disgusted.
If she's naturally that skinny, I don't want to judge, but it looks unnatural and questionable. My hope for girls (and women) of this world is that they eat right, take care of their bodies, and are happy no matter their size--skinny or not-so-skinny. Let's start by being good examples of this ourselves!
Oh my word, just plain sad. My heart breaks looking at this pictures!!!
That is terrible. And that she's smiling in the first picture makes me so sad.
I feel bad for girls who really are naturally very skinny becuase they got as much discrimination as women who are on the heavier end. And the end of the day, it is important for ALL women to be healthy and happy with who they are ...whether you are a zero or a size 22.
oh good grief is this girl for real
That is just sad!
They had a special on the Today show about the Ralph Lauren model who just got fired b/c she is 5 10 weighs 120 pounds (too small for her height) and does not fit on the model clothes anymore so RL FIRED her!!!
What the JUNK?! Seriously
that is so wrong and makes me all kinds of MAD!
Post a Comment