Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Weekend Excursions

Although I realize it's very late, I can't seem to fall asleep and I have the urge to blog, so I thought I'd take that desire and be productive in the blogging world. After all, I'm slim pickings these days. A weekend wrap-up is always a little less intimidating so I thought I'd start there.

I had a fabulous weekend packed with some mighty fun excursions.

I'm not sure how many of you know of or have heard the comedian Brian Regan, but he is a staple in our home. We love him! He's clean and yet absolutely knee-slapping hilarious. Months ago a few friends of mine saw that he was coming to Beaumont, Texas (about 2 hours from Houston) and they were dying to see him live so they bought tickets to go. I've already seen him multiple times live and didn't think I'd be in town, but plans changed and at the very last minute I purchased a ticket thanks to Ticket Master and had a super fun, hilarious night with them. Since it's been a while since I've seen him, pretty much everything was new. I loved that! Although I love hearing some of his old stuff, it's good to mix it up every now and then.

After our late night we headed home and I crashed in bed!

Bethany and I enjoying our backseat mini-van ride on the way to the show!

Shannon and Lindsey!

From where we were sitting it was really hard to get a good picture of him, but here he is in a classic Brian Regan pose. His expressions and movement alone are humorous. Please YouTube him if you've not had the pleasure of listening to him.

Our group after the show!

The girls!


There was a ton going on Saturday that I won't even go into detail about, but one of the many things was moving my little brother back to College Station for school. He's been busy being a camp counselor all summer so he had a ton to do on Saturday as well, that which included getting a bike for school.

Needless to say, I'm not sure I enjoyed his bike more than he did. Y'all, I truly love riding bikes! After I graduated from high school I used to ride one during the summer every day. I miss it! I loved "testing" his new bike. I predict it will be a fantastic mode of transportation around campus.

Don't be shocked if a bike is added to my wish list for Christmas.

A shaved head and Ray Bands. Yup, that's my brother!

Although his bike is a Schwinn, I kept referring to it as the Schwan.


Sunday was promotion Sunday at church which meant we had our "Fish Breakfast". No, we don't have fish for breakfast, we simply feed our freshman breakfast on their first Sunday as a high school student. It's always really fun and this year did not disappoint, although half the time I felt like a crazy lady running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'm always so encouraged to see the new freshman and how excited they are. I pray they stay that involved and excited all four years! It was fun getting to hug my new girls!

After church I took my sweet self straight to Corsicana, Texas. What's there you ask? My BFF, Joanna, who currently lives in Montana with her hubby. Corsicana is clearly closer than Montana, so I wasn't going to miss my opportunity with her. Her parents live there now and while John has been at Air Force training, she's been visiting all her peeps in Texas. I always have Mondays off, and I went ahead and took Tuesday off which made it the perfect trip.

Need I even tell you the joy I had spending a lengthy amount of time with her? We did everything we do well together like laugh, shop, snort, sleep, talk, giggle, do our hair, put on our make-up while chatting to glory and so on and so forth. She even introduced me to Northpark Mall in Dallas, the mothership of all malls, which was a treasure. I'll have you know, however, that I walked out with one $15 purchase from Forever 21. I'd say that's a record in a mall like that. Self control, folks. Self control.

It was just so relaxing and I enjoyed the time off and am so grateful I got to spend it with her. It felt really funny that when everyone was going stir crazy on the first day of school, I was spending it at the mall. That's the interesting thing about youth ministry, summer is always the crazy, crazy time and then you have a few weeks of slowness before it picks back up again.

Before I left we had lunch at Collin Street Bakery with her maw-maw and that chicken salad sandwich was heavenly. As were the 7890 cookies I ate. It was a great trip to Corsicana. I love that family, they're like my own. Is that not the best, or how it should be? I'm so thankful for them. They love me so well.


Enjoying a very slow day at Northpark Mall in Dallas.

Jo's sweet mom! Love her.

Leaving Collin Street Bakery.


Although it's already Wednesday, I hope you all had a great weekend as well. And more importantly, I hope this first week of school has been a blessing. To say I've prayed for all the students, teachers, parents and everyone in that season has been an understatement. You can't forget that I was and Elementary Education major, so these weeks are always near and dear to my heart. Many hugs your way, friends.

I've got to get to sleep!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Can I just tell you how stinkin' adorable you look in your dress, red beads, red shoes, and sassy new hair cut!

What a great way to start a new season after such a BUSY summer!!

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend, Lindsee!!!! Come to FL so we can hang, will ya???? :)

Heather said...

I miss your posts friend, come back to the blogging world soon! You make me laugh, I have heard of that Brian dude but never heard him or anything. So glad you had a great weekend, you look so pretty! I want a bike too for Christmas! BTW, I love that purse in those first few pics! :)

Missy said...

Girl....even when your life slows down it isn't slow. :) I saw Brian Reagan live a few years ago and loved it! So fun!

Anonymous said...

I love weekends like that! So fun! And I miss North Park, too! I always felt so posh just walking through it's coridors (is that what you call them? okay, I'm not posh!)

The red flats MADE that cute outfit! Love 'em!!

Hope you can rest up from your crazy fun summer before the fall gets buzy with your h.s. peeps.

TTFN!