Apparently I need a challenge to blog everyday or I don't blog at all. It has been over two weeks since I've even thought about writing one word and just for the record, it is not due to a lack of material. Life has been very full the past few weeks. So full, in fact, that yesterday evening I was visiting some friends and I told them I was glad we were in 2012 and it wasn't 2013 yet. Um, earth to Lindsee, it is actually 2011 and we are only two weeks out from 2012.
To which I say, where in the world has 2011 gone? To say it has flown by at lightning speed would be a vast understatement.
So, to not make this the most boring blog post of 2o11, I'll share some highlights from the past two weeks that would have probably made the blog had I actually sat down and written them out. Of course, if this ends up being the most boring post of 2011, just humor me and pretend it was the best.
1) This does not actually count as it was a few days before December, but a highlight has been the Hillsong Live concert I went to a few weeks ago. A group of ladies from BCF all went together and we had the best time. I said this on facebook, but it's worth repeating, it's amazing to me how on pitch everyone sounds when thousands of people sing together. On pitch and beautiful. Surely, it is a sweet and joyful noise to the Lord.
2) A couple of Sundays ago, I hopped in the car with my friend Angela last minute and we got to enjoy a night of the Shane & Shane and Phil Wickham Christmas tour. Need I tell you how amazing it was? You know my love for all things Shane & Shane. Add a third harmony in there and I'm smitten. Now, I realize that I sound like a complete concert junkie, and I'm really not, but recently people have been tossing free concert tickets at me like they grow on trees. I think in the past six months I've been to five concerts. Really unheard of in my world, but I've soaked up every minute.
3) Our community group had a really fun Christmas party where we did a White Elephant gift exchange and I came home with a moo-moo. Highlight? Absolutely. Attractive? Duh.
4) I recently learned how to play the game "LCR" at a girls night and I'm hooked. Have any of you played it? It's actually a gambling game, but we played for fun. However, there were a few Starbucks gift cards up for grabs, so needless to say, the competition was fierce.
5) Do you remember when I blogged about the Despres family bringing their baby girl home from China? Well, SHE IS HOME! The picked up Sienna two weeks ago and arrived back in Houston a week ago tomorrow. She is an absolute joy. I got to play with her a bit last night and I left with a heart full of love. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for her. She is special, no doubt. To read all about their time in China and their journey now, visit their blog.
6) This past weekend Houston's First Baptist Church did their big Christmas Celebration and I went with my people to see my sweet best friend perform in it. I loved it and was so entertained the entire time. I mean, how could you not be when there is a literal elephant in the room? Easily my favorite part of the entire night was getting to see my best friend sing, Hallelujah (Light Has Come) by Barlow Girls, with five other ladies. It was beautiful! I am so proud of Jen.
7) Lastly, and certainly not least, Saturday my sweet friend Raven GOT ENGAGED! I am really a professional at keeping this kind of secret, and let me tell you, it never gets easier. The minute I heard from Nick I wanted to shout it from the roof tops. Unfortunately, I wasn't actually able to be there, which made my heart so sad, but I have celebrated she and Nick all week in Houston. I cannot wait to attack her the next time I see her! Nick is a wonderful, godly guy who happens to be a youth pastor, so I for one, am thrilled for them! Congratulations are most definitely in line. I love y'all!
Well, seven highlights later, I'm out y'all. Hope you weren't bored out of your mind.
Happy weekend to you!
2 comments:
Sounds like a great couple of weeks to me! missed you on the blogging scene!
We love LCR! Everyone of all ages loves to play! We always reuse the same quarters over and over again! Lol! Starbucks gift cards are a brilliant idea!
Post a Comment