Although I'm on a social media fast, I decided blogging was here to stay. The truth is, I don't spend near as much time blogging and it is such a wonderful outlet for me. Plus, these next few months are filled with a lot of fun things, and if I have time, I hope to blog about them so it is well documented. Things like half-marathons, wedding showers and baby showers, oh my!
However, I have to admit, being off twitter and facebook has been quite the stretch for me. It has been hard. Period. All of the sudden, I'm not connected to the social world. And that is straight up weird. But at the same time, very good. I am already seeing fruit from it, which has been really sweet. That alone encourages me to keep on keepin' on. (And don't worry, I've replaced that time spent doing something else, but that's another post for another day.)
Being off twitter was hardest this weekend when I was at a Girls Conference in Nashville. You and I both know twitter was going crazy and I missed out on all the fun! Bummer. But I lived! I hope to blog about that as well this week. It was greatness.
Anyway, I really hopped on here to point your attention to another blog.
My friend Becky, whom I've only met a few times in real life, but have known virtually for a few years, asked if I would consider writing a guest post on her blog. This month she's highlighting dating, relationships, marriage and all things love. Since we all know I'm not an expert on dating or marriage, she asked if I would consider writing an honest letter to my married friends from a singles perspective. After a little hesitation, I agreed and finally, this past Thursday, towards the end of February, bless my heart, sent my letter to her and she posted it today.
Since I'm not on twitter or facebook, I thought I'd share the link here. I am honored she asked me to write on her little corner. It really made me think. Feel free to hop over, or feel free to ignore it, the choice is yours. I pray it encourages somebody! I honestly think the world of my friends, married or single.
And with that, I'm out. Happy Monday, peeps.
4 comments:
Sitting at my computer and literally weeping at the post on the Kiser blog. Oh, friend. Love this...love you!! Sending this to to all my sweet married friends.
LOVE YOU and the way you put this into words so beautifully. thank you for sharing.
and proud of you for your break. i am on the same fast and it's hard but good.
Wow Lindsee. So perfectly stated. How well I remember. One of these days I'll tell you my story about my season of waiting..... Miss your sweet face on Twitter, but I'll just have to check out your blog more often! Hugs. -- Sandy
I was in tears reading your letter. It was words from my own heart. As another single I can totally relate. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog by the way. :)
Post a Comment