Friday, March 14, 2008

Back to Kindergarten

Well, hello there, sweet friends!

I have been so out of the loop for the past week and a half and the only things I can contribute that to are the stinkin' time change (which get me all out of sorts), starting Kindergarten this past Monday, and just pure laziness. Do you ever have those days when blogging is so in the back of your mind it's ridiculous?! Some days I would rather come home and take a sweet lil' nap than even think about getting on the computer. So, I did just that. I checked in here and there, but most of the time blogging just wasn't appealing. Some days are like that. :) (Y'all, I haven't even downloaded the pictures from this past weekend. I am a picture freak and normally there up and at 'em! That tells you something!)

Anyway, I have been here, there and everywhere! Last week after a trip to the rodeo, I made a quick trip to Huntsville. We had a class on Wednesday, then I had lunch at Double Dave's, always good, then headed back to Houston. I got a lot done on Thursday, including a haircut that was eventually ruined by the end of the day thanks to the oh-so-precious weather we had, and then headed back up to Huntsville on Friday for the weekend!

We had my dear roommates lingerie shower on Saturday up there, so I decided to make a weekend out of it! We had an absolute blast! Really, the whole weekend was a blast. It's so fun to go up there and visit my precious Sam friends, I do miss them, so the time is always precious. Before the shower on Saturday, we had to keep Megan occupied so the hosts could get ready for it, so we enjoyed a girly day getting pedicures and enjoying dinner together! Fun times. After her shower we all ventured out to the undeniably fun Karaoke place to do some karaoke. Y'all. I don't have any words for that experience. I'll have you know that karaoke is an absolute blast to do, but I've never done it in public! We enjoyed MANY laughs! A memory etched in my mind forever.

It's always good to go back to UHBC on the Sunday's that I am there. I love that church. I love those people. And I love that even though I have a home church here and love it, I can go back to Huntsville and call UHBC a home church for me. Such good fellowship, memories, and milestones. There ain't nothin' like that. It has my "college" heart and always will!

Monday was my first day in Kindergarten!!!! Y'all, they are so teeny. I love it. My mentor teacher is just precious and I know that we are going to have an absolute blast. (We actually figured out that we have a strange connection through some people. All I can say is that this is such a small world!) This whole week was so eventful and we ended it with field day today. We were Miss Donnon's Dinosaurs and tore the field up! (Well, as much as 5 year old's can!) I know many laughs will come. I mean gosh, I've already laughed so much and I barely even know them! Kindergarten will be fabulous. No doubt about it!

Since kindergarten started, I don't have to explain my reasoning for coming home and taking a nap. They are exhausting (and I've barely done anything yet!) but so very precious!

Well folks, I'm off to pack! I leave for Louisiana tomorrow VERY EARLY in the morning to go see my precious Jen for the weekend!!!! I am sooo excited. I love traveling to see my friends! Granted, I don't like that they live so far away, but going to see them makes it totally worth it. Fun times will be had, no doubt. Expect a full detail report about our weekend. I am sure as I type this, Grant, her sweet hubby, is preparing his mind for full out girliness this weekend! And you know he is probably jumping up and down that LINDSEE LOU is coming to visit!!!! Woooo Hoooo!!! ;)

Have a great weekend friends!!!

Much love to all of you!!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Grant IS excited for you to be here! But not as excited as me! I AM SO HAPPY! You can't get here soon enough, my love!!

Profbaugh said...

Enjoy your weekend. Sounds like you're going to have plenty of fun. Just don't get too worn out. Remember, kindergarten is waiting your return!!

Oh, and by the way, I feel the same way after teaching freshman college students!! They wear me out. Now if we could only have a field day.

~Cheryl

Jon and Sally said...

Have so much fun Linds and Jen! Laugh hard for me!! It tickles me just thinking of you two being together!
Love you both!
Sally

Jaclyn said...

ok...so would it be possible to get a plate made for a shower on Satuday night?? I know it is so last minute, so if it is too much just let me know!!! I would want it like the one you just made for that wedding Jenny went to....
Let me know if it is ok and I will get you the info!
Thanks Linds!
xoxox

Jaclyn said...

Yay!!!
OK...i will just have the gold crackled household one for me with a stand.
for the shower I want it like Jen's but on the gold crackled.
It can say
The Taylor Household
Est. 5-24-08..is that how jenny worded hers? I liked her wording, so however she worded it is fine.
didn't hers have a cross or something on it too?
I also want a stand for that one.
You are the best. Thank you SOOO much!

Ronda Kay said...

Hey Lindsee! It was so great seeing you on Saturday! Hopefully it won't be so long until next time. :-)

Missy said...

Hope you had a great weekend. Can't wait to hear more about it!!

And yes, Kindergarten DOES wear you out. Even after 7 years I stay exhausted, but it's oh so much fun!!!

Janelle and Ella said...

You had me at Double Dave's!