Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just Walk Away

That's what I've been telling myself every time I walk past that dern Easter candy sitting so sweetly (no pun intended) on the kitchen table. It is everything in me not to grab one or two pieces, then strategically place myself on the couch and enjoy the rich chocolaty taste melt so slowly in my mouth. Oh my gosh. I want it so bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'll eat it alright, but that is just it. I can only eat ONE. At the max TWO. Self-control. A word not normally used in my vocabulary has now become apart of it.

The reason for this sudden self-control word is my running. I have now run 3 days in a row. The more candy I eat, the harder it is to run. The less candy, the easier. I will choose the latter. I enjoy running, but hate heavy breathing. The cure? Eat less sweets.

So, as long as I can, I will...

Just walk away! :)

(Thank you for listening to this random piece of information. The main reason for this post? DON'T LET ME EAT SWEETS!)

Love you all so very much!

Off to Subway... ;)

15 comments:

Missy said...

Love it! I am in the same boat as you. I have run/done a class at the gym 5 days in a row now, however, I haven't stopped the eating sweets. I feel like I am just balancing it all out. ha ha

You need to check out my latest post - it is VERY similar to this! So funny!

Missy said...

My philosophy is eat them all at once and just get it over with, then you can move on and the temptation is behind you. Not good, I know, but sometimes you just have to do it!

Dana said...

COULD YOU PLEASE PUT THE CANDY AWAY DURING OUR CHAT TIME TODAY SO I WON'T EAT THE CANDY WITH YOU!!!!!??????? Thursdays have got to stop being chat/ eat days. Lord help me...

Love you and see you later!

Janelle and Ella said...

You are my inspiration! I really need to start running. Good job girl!

Angela Baylis said...

I loved this post! My son didn't want an Easter basket this year since he doesn't like sweets. Can you believe that? So... I didn't get any! I am glad you are trying to stay focused, sweetie!
Love to you,
Angie xoxo

p.s. Get some good music!

Angela Baylis said...

p.s. I just love being one of your imaginary friends!!!!

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I'll meet you at Subway... and I'll leave the candy at home. Do you think Jared could come and give us all his weight loss secrets?

Sending you lemon water wishes and no sugar running days.

Smiles!

Anonymous said...

My new words to you are . . .
JUST WALK AWAY :)
Love ya,
M

Fran said...

I think I have eaten an ENTIRE bag of Easter m & m's!! Totally disgusting I am! :)

Kelli said...

We just finished off our last piece of Easter candy and I am sooooo glad that it is GONE! No more temptation! You go girl with the running! :)

AK said...

You go girl, and I'm right there with you resisting the temptation to indulge!

Becky Kiser said...

Hey girl! No I never got your email. Did you send it to beckyjkiser@gmail.com.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

i feel the pain!!! just keep walking girl!! love, Leigh

Tammie Head said...

I tagged you!!! Go to my blog to see what's up!


tammie

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

still walking away - only sometimes for me!!

love, Leigh