Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Non-Functioning Brain

I am about to drop in my bed from over exhaustion (if that even makes sense) but I had to drop in to say hello, and that yes, I am indeed still alive and well. Just VERY, VERY busy.

Starting last Wednesday we have had family here for Kevyn's graduation and then our combined graduation party this past Saturday. It was an absolute BLAST, but the baggy eyes have set in. I really can't believe I am still awake at this point, but since I had a free moment I felt the need to catch up on your lives. Some I did. Some I did not.

Anyway, this week is exiting and exhausting all in one. Tomorrow is my birthday (WOO HOO!) so I'll be the big 23. I, unfortunately, have to work ;0) but after that we plan on going to dinner with the whole fam and some friends. It should be fun!

This week is also the week before our Florida trip, which is always insane. We are constantly going and pretty much melt the minute we get on the bus and can actually stop for a moment.

BUT, folks, that's not all. Not only is it my birthday and the week before Florida, it is also my roommates wedding this weekend in Waco! So, I have to be packed and ready to go to Florida by Thursday, so that I can head out Friday for the wedding weekend and drive back to Houston Saturday night to make it to the church by 4:30 AM so we can load the buses and leave on Sunday morning. I am already tired typing it out. (Oh, and did I mention we will have family here till this Wednesday?!)

Of course, I am SO EXCITED for the wedding. It's finally here. It's just that there is TONS to get done before the shin dig. Although I am sure Megan is feeling the brute of it too since she is the bride and has plenty to get done herself.

So, with all that said, you may not see much of me the next two weeks. That's why I felt the need to get a quick 'update' post in before all of this took place. Is that wrong?! :)

Well, folks, I am off. This almost 23 year old needs to get her beauty rest. Wrinkles are just around the corner. Aren't they?!

Love y'all!

12 comments:

cristina said...

i was enjoying your post until the wrinkle comment. :)

from the woman who's closer to 40 than you are to 30--eek!

have a FABULOUS birthday! and savor each crazy day. :)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!

Jaclyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEE!!!! I hope you have a fabulous day and a wonderful year!
Sorry we couldn't make it to your party! I was thinking about you!

love you bunches!
Jaclyn

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, again, from the bride-to-be!! I think you might be more stressed and busy than me...crazy, I know! Anywho, so glad you are going to be a part of this exciting day...cannot wait to see you lookin' all beautiful in your 4th dress! Love you tons. See you in 4 days!!!

Ronda said...

Happy B-Day, Lindsee! I hope today has been blessed for you!

Sarah said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope 23 is fabulous for you. Have a great time in Florida.

Jenny said...

I had so much fun with you last night! Love you, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

WHOOP for Lindsee's Birthday and graduating all so close to eachother. I'm also so psyched about you working at cypress. What a cool job!? I love you girl!

Taylor said...

Lindsee! how fun...i'll be praying for your sweet exhausted self! AND, happy birthday!

i turned 21 this past december, but 23 is the age i cannot wait to be. i'm still enjoying today, but 23 just sounds good. :) it will also mean graduation!

i love that this is your '4th' dress! i've been in 3 weddings (plus 2 as a flower girl) so far! it's so fun to be a part of such special times. have a great day..

-taylor

Janelle and Ella said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have so much fun at the wedding and Florida!! I'm sure you will have some fun pics for us.

Missy said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy every moment of your craziness...make those memories!!!!

Fran said...

Praying for fun, rest, peace, joy, love, and loads of strength and energy that only HE can provide!

Happy Birthday to the best looking 23 yr old girl around!

Hugs,
Fran