Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy June!

Happy June, everybody.

I happen to adore this month because it means it's my BIRTHDAY! I know, how self-centered can I be? But, I love my birthday. And in 2 hours and 42 minutes I will be the big 24. Crazy, I tell you!

Anyhow, before I get all excited over my birthday that isn't even here yet, I have to discuss with you the past week. Because on Monday', we all know how appropriate a re-cap is.

So, here goes.

Last Week:
Last week was just plain crazy. But seriously, when is the month of May not crazy? I basically spent all my time like a nerd staring at a computer screen putting together a slide show to recognize all our graduating seniors in big church. High School and college alike. (And yes, I still call it big church.) This was my third year in a row to do this, and while I do thoroughly enjoy doing it, it just takes up time. So, before I bore you with any more power point, slide show details, we'll just skip to Friday.

Oh wait, before we skip to Friday, I need to tell you that I started on Level 2 of 30 Day Shred this past week. I was knocking on heavens door all the while screaming profanities at Jillian. Bless my sweet heart. It's so hard, but I love it. (It's sick how much I love that stupid exercise DVD.)

Friday:
Well, of course I worked, but right after work I headed to see five of the 8th grade girls take pictures before they went to their 8th grade dance. Can we just have a moment of silence, please, for all of our past 8th grade dances.

Thank you.

They were beyond precious and you could tell being all dressed up they weren't in their normal atmosphere, and so naturally, were pretty quiet and shy about taking pictures. I am sure as the night went on, they had no problem capturing their gorgeousness, but at first, it's always a little awkward.

Pretty Girls!

After taking pictures I headed to BJ's Brewery to celebrate Grant's birthday, who just so happens to Jen's husband. Have I ever told you how much I absolutely love this family?? Because I do. I just do. They're like my own and for that I am so grateful. I truly mean that! No other family do I feel more at home with than I do them. After some wild conversations at dinner about famous actors and actresses, and Jen pretending to be Pacey from Dawson's Creek talking out of the side of her mouth (all the while Jaclyn and I were wetting ourselves) we went back to the Martin's house (Jen's parents), where we proceeded to sort pink and purple skittles and watch Jack bake two marvelous three tiered cakes for his precious grand babies who were turning three. It is a sight to behold, y'all. Jack's got talent.

She'll hate me for these.

But, we still love and accept here for who she is and where she's at in life.

I went home that night exhausted and happy.

Saturday:
We're gonna go ahead and skip right on over this day, because truly, nothing worth documenting happened. Basically, I was a lazy bum.

Sunday:
After a wonderful morning at church, Jen came out to Cypress, so she and I and our moms all went to lunch at a little Mexican place near us. We proceeded at this lunch until after 3:30 pm, which tells you that good times were had! And they were. (This was a special treat only because all of the men in our life, my dad and all their husbands, were golfing for the afternoon.) So, thank you, men for golfing Sunday afternoon so that we could have a fun lunch. I like you all.

Once I got home I took me a long nap. Oh, it was glorious! Sunday naps are few and far between these days, so I took full advantage of my bed that afternoon.

That night was our Senior Send Off at church, so of course, I spent the evening up there where I got to hold the sweetest baby ever for at least an hour and "bop" him to sleep. Can we get an "Awww!" (The "bop" is where you stand and "rock" from side to side all the while bopping your knees. It totally does the trick.) Oh, I needed that baby fix. And any 7 month old will certainly give you that fix. I am my mother's daughter. Oh, and I also loved getting to celebrate all the seniors, of course!

Monday:
Today was fast and furious. And to be completely honest, I love Monday's like that! We were crazy busy at work, and then after work I came home and went straight to Jazzercise so I would be home in time to watch The Bachelorette. (Guilty pleasure, don't judge.) Which by the way, gets crazier and crazier each night!

And now, here I am blogging.

All the while trying to decide what I am gong to wear tomorrow for my birf-day. A girls got to look cute on her birthday, does she not?!

On that note, I better get to my closet.

9 comments:

John and Joanna said...

I love you Birthday girl :)

Thank you for the run down... it made me tired...now i am ready for bed :)

Seriously i had to take a moment of silence for the 8th grade dance... mercy save me!!!!! Do i need to bust of the slinky purple dress i wore?????? I'm just saying :)

Jaclyn said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope your day is WONDERFUL.
oh and yes, i seriously about died when jen did the katie holmes thing....ahhhh!!!

Patty said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lindsee!! You need to have someone take a picture of you today so we can see your cute birthday outfit! :)

Have a fun day!!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday, Lindsee!

I'm all about celebrating the birthday week...and birthday month. Celebrate on!

For the record...year 24 is a great one!

Enjoy your special day!

Jenny said...

1. Thank you for the pictures :)

2. I Had so much fun with you this weekend.

3. I was being JOEY not Pacey... GOSH Linds get it right!

4. Brad Pitt could never be Noah

5. Happy birthday, my sweet Linds. I love you forever.

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

Happy birthday, darling girl!!!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday sweet friend!!! I hope it is wonderful!!!!

Megan said...

Happy birthday, sweet friend! Hope you have had a great day. You're 24!!!!

Missy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you had a great day. :)