Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ninety to Nothin'

I knew this summer was going to be crazy, but I figured we'd just ease into the craziness.

Boy was I wrong.

I like to tell people that my summer is already over because from now until the end of August when school starts, my calender is completely and utterly full.

This week has been insane because we are not only getting ready to leave for our high school camp on Monday, but the Jr. High festivities started Tuesday night, then I taught one of our first summer bible studies on Wednesday night, and before leaving for camp, I have to have everything done for VBS since it starts the week we get back and I am in charge of "water day" for close to a thousand kiddos. It's a blast, but it's work.

So, to say that this week has been a whirlwind is a complete understatement.

I actually ended up not going to Metro tonight because I had too much to do and don't feel like I have enough time to get it done. I was sad because I love Metro and will miss it next week since I'll be at camp.

With that said, here is my itinerary for the rest of my summer that has already ended...

Next week: High School camp in Port Aransas from Monday to Friday.

The next week (The last full week of June): VBS at our church.

July 1st - 10th: Vacation in Colorado with the family. (I CAN'T WAIT!)

Come home for one week.

July 18th - 25th: High School Mission trip.

Home for a week again.

August 2nd - 7th: Jr. High Camp.

Come home and we immediately start transitioning everything for the fall.

These are just the times I'll be gone, it doesn't even cover everything else we have going on for the summer. I'm telling you, there is no slowing down in the summer with youth ministry! Don't hear me complaining, it is beyond fun and I am blessed that I even have the job I do, but it can take a toll at times.

Needless to say, I am excited that the summer is in full swing, but I may be M.I.A a bit due to my wild schedule. But then again, maybe I won't because I somehow find more time to blog when I'm busy.

Time will certainly tell.

However, the thing I'm excited the most about this summer? Building stronger relationships with the girls I'll be spending tons of time with on the trips and just doing day to day stuff. Oh, y'all, it thrills my heart. I love them endlessly. And I love their pure, need for authentic relationship hearts.

So, all that to say, I would definitely appreciate a prayer from you if you think of me this summer. Just that I'll have stamina and energy, especially as we leave for camp on Monday! Also that I would be intentional about taking time out for myself and not getting too burned. That I would feed my own soul. (It's so easy not to do this, just for the record!)

Hope you all have a splendid weekend. I've got meetings, and errands and weddings, oh my! It will be fun. Thanks for reading the most boring post of rambling about summer ever.

Adios, peeps!

6 comments:

Deidre said...

You just put a beautiful bow on top of a busy package - building relationships with the girls you are serving. In the midst of all the craziness, God will strengthen relationships that you otherwise couldn't.

I'm praying for you and all you're involved in.

Jenny said...

Child, I am exhausted just READING that! But I know you'll do everything that needs to be done, you'll do it on time, you'll do it with a precious servant's heart, and you'll do it all with perfect bangs and flawless mascara application :)

Taylor said...

i love summer! praying for you, Lindsee. :)

::Taylor

Gran Jan said...

Lindsee - I am so very proud of you girl! You are investing your life - not jus spending it!

You know it's a small world, don't you? I checked out the link to your church through your blog. Then I said to my husband (sitting in his recliner near me), "Hey, look at this, this church LOOKS like our church. He said, "what church is it? Let me see. So I told him, and he said, "I've been there - the people that built our church built that church." In fact, I think the family or someone in his family goes there - Mr. Brady Eggleston, Century Builders or something like that. He was great and my husband really enjoyed working with him - the ultimate professional!

Anyway, I love that we have that "connection," but I sorta knew we had one anyway! :)

Much love,
Mrs. Jan

Missy said...

Girlfriend...your legs are going to fall off! Enjoy every moment of it, and your down time even more! Let me know when you get bored and we can get some Connie's. :)

Toknowhim said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer ahead :)

Blessings and enjoy every bit of it!!!