Name: Lindsee (Lou)
Age: 24
Height: 5' 11
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Job: Girl's Ministry Director
Favorite Food: Chinese
Favorite Color: Green/Pink/Black (Okay, I have three.)
Favorite TV Show: Biggest Loser
Okay, totally kidding! But seriously, I should just vow that I will no longer blog throughout the summer because I am literally never here. Since I've been gone I've traveled to both Colorado for vacation and Mexico for a mission trip and am now currently sitting on my couch in a puddle of exhaustion due mainly to the fact that I've been struck down with Montezuma's Revenge (Monty's Revenge) and have no other option but to sit on the couch because I feel like absolute crud. However, praise the Lord I didn't get it until I got home Saturday night, because to have this while in Mexico would have been absolutely miserable. Praise Him for that!
Unfortunately, most of our team got sick with this, so if you would pray for us, we would greatly appreciate it. The trip obviously took a toll on our bodies for some reason that we can't figure out. Plus, I have to be better by Wednesday so I can teach Bible Study and 100% better by Sunday because I leave one last time this summer for Jr. High camp. As much as I have loved this summer, and the many special relationships I've built with so many sweet girls, I will be ready to be at home for some time.
So, since I am awake at this moment, and am confined to the couch, I figured now would be an appropriate time to blog.
However, because of my Monty brain, and the fact that I've been sleeping for almost two days straight, the only thing my non-blogging brain can leave you is some pictures of Colorado and Mexico. (Of course, way too many pictures, but I took close to 800 pictures with both trips combined, so know that I am doing you a favor by not showing them all to you..) So, without further ado, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. And I do hope they are pleasurable. (And hopefully, it won't be long till I'm back for good. I've missed blogging world so much. You really don't know what you've got till it's gone!)
Oh, and before I forget to tell you, I need you all to know that I took one, yes one, shower the whole time we were in Mexico. I felt like a new woman when I got home, and in all seriousness, have never been more grateful for a shower than I am now. Oh, the things we take for granted. (Hence why you’ll see me wearing a hat in most of the pictures. Praise the Lord for hats!)
*Sorry the picture are all out of order. I really have no energy to fix them!
We'll start with Mexico pictures....
There is just really nothing like a fanny pack.
Leaving the Mexico City airport headed for Chima!
Kevin, very tired on our bus ride.
Kevin and Cody singing to us in a cramped van on the way to our host homes the first night.
My roommate, Mariana, walking with our host parents to church on Sunday. They don't have a car, and let us sleep in their room both nights we were there! So sacrificial, with a huge smile on their face to do so. Lord, bless them!
JJ speaking at church on Sunday.
More bus time!
The Pyramid of the Sun. Yes, we climbed this. All the way to the top!
So did Will. Even though the previous night he dislocated his knee. Talk about determination!
He made it all the way up, and all the way down. Homeboy was proud to say the least!
Some girls at the top. I love them to pieces.
All the girls at the top! Huge hugs!
Mary and I sitting on the edge. Scary!
The pyramid of the Moon. Unfortunately, they closed this one early so we couldn't climb it.
Mary and I stayed with Will the entire time climbing. I guess you could call us his "mothers." Or how about the fact that I didn't want him to break anything else! Ha!
Bus rides are a blast. Especially in Mexico.
Meet Paola. My pseudo daughter for the week, whom I adore.
After loosing team at soccer had to have their butt's dunked in this nasty water. We thought they were kidding. Apparently they weren't.
Hiking to the village. We did this 3 days and it was about an hour and a half hike.
One side of our teeny bunk room. Notice my clean side in the left hand corner! I had just organized it. Ha!
Still walking to the village.
JJ and I going down a steep hill sideways. It made us laugh.
Photo-op on the hike!
Matching girls...totally on accident.
Worshipping with everyone at one of the outreach concerts! Awesome times and quite exhausting I might add. But worth every bit of sweat for our sweet Jesus!
Light the flame in our hearts, Jesus, for your namesake!
Two of my boyfriends. No joke! I got a love letter from each of them. Hilarious!
Instead of playing soccer one day, we watched it!
Soccer!
Cleaning up all the wood around the fire pit!
There was tons of wood!
JJ and Raphael, the leader of the camp in Mexico from the church at Chima.
We found a horned toad on our way to the village one day.

Taking a break during one of our hikes to the village.

Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil.

A group of us hiking down the mountain!

Hugo, one of my boyfriends.

We ran into a Biggest Loser contestant at the airport on the way home! Y'all know how much I love that show. Needless to say, it made my day. (And he was even on the same flight as us. Super fun!)

Paolo, my favorite little 5 year old ever. She came to the airport to tell us "Adios!"
Me and my precious Grandma at our "pajama party!" Super fun.
Grandma and her "grandgirls"!

Grandma laughing hysterically!

My Aunt bought us all matching pajamas, so we all had to wear them the last night for our pajama party. We're fun like that!

Rock climbing at the fun park!

This is the ski lift we had to go both up and down. Super high and long. My stomach was turning!

On the lift going up to the top of Peak 8.

Having a picnic at the top of Peak 8.

Flying high on the super high jumping trampoline!


Riding the Alpine Slides. You seriously don't know how fun these are! I laughed the whole way down each time we rode them.
We found a horned toad on our way to the village one day.
Taking a break during one of our hikes to the village.
Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil.
There were horses everywhere in the village. No joke.
A group of us hiking down the mountain!
Hugo, one of my boyfriends.
We ran into a Biggest Loser contestant at the airport on the way home! Y'all know how much I love that show. Needless to say, it made my day. (And he was even on the same flight as us. Super fun!)
Paolo, my favorite little 5 year old ever. She came to the airport to tell us "Adios!"
Now for some Colorado pictures...
Me and my precious Grandma at our "pajama party!" Super fun.
Grandma and her girls.
Grandma and her "grandgirls"!
Grandma laughing hysterically!
My Aunt bought us all matching pajamas, so we all had to wear them the last night for our pajama party. We're fun like that!
Rock climbing at the fun park!
This is the ski lift we had to go both up and down. Super high and long. My stomach was turning!
On the lift going up to the top of Peak 8.
Having a picnic at the top of Peak 8.
Flying high on the super high jumping trampoline!
We love Breckenridge.
Riding the Alpine Slides. You seriously don't know how fun these are! I laughed the whole way down each time we rode them.
5 comments:
YEAH! Welcome back!!!
1. I love ALL the pics: Mexico makes me think of "our" youth days and Colorado just makes me JEALOUS :) seriously beautiful!!
I am so sorry you still don't feel good!! I am praying it away sweet bestie. I miss you so much, it has just been TOO long.
I love you with my whole heart.
Well welcome back to the blogword and real world. Looks like you've had a great summer. I am hoping I get to see you Saturday at Laura's wedding- if you're feeling better. Feel better, friend. Glad you're back!! Love you!!!
Well praise the heavens that you are BACK! Blogland has just not been the same without our Lou! :)
love you, peaches
So glad you are back and so glad you are feeling better!
Also, how is it that with only one shower in a week you still look so darn pretty?!!!
love you Linds! I know you are such a blessing to those girls!
Post a Comment