I don't think the Lord could have created two different BFF's when he created us, but throughout our life, our friendship has always just worked and it is one of the biggest blessings indeed. We used to joke about how if our parents weren't such good friends growing up, we probably wouldn't have "chosen" to be friends with each other, but I can't imagine not being her friend. The Lord knew I would need her and so he blessed me with her despite our parents being friends forever!
Not only did we grow up together, we did everything together. And I mean that quite literally! We went to the same church, same schools, same choir, same youth group and so on and so forth. We were inseparable! When we were kids back in the day, I was known to throw a fit if she couldn't spend the night for a reason or even hide at her house when my mom came to pick me up. I loved being with her, and still do to this day 25 years later.
I don't throw fits when I have to go home anymore, but I do throw fits when I don't get to see her as often as I'd like because we're both busy folks. We don't go to the same church anymore, but I know that she loves the Lord more now then ever and she has a husband she gets to go with every week. We aren't in the same youth group anymore, and frankly, I'm okay with that because as much as I loved my youthful days, I am glad they are over. Plus, she gets to be in a real live newlywed class and have newlywed friends and I love hearing about her new couple friends. And, we aren't in the same choir anymore, but at any given moment you can catch us harmonizing to anything and everything.
Even though we live two separate lives, nothing, and I mean nothing, has changed.
We still eat Chinese food whenever we get the chance.
She still knows when to encourage me and knows the exact thing to say.
We still act like total dorks and laugh our heads off.
She knows me better than I know myself.
I got to stand next to her on her wedding day, and one day, hopefully sooner than later, she'll stand next to me on mine.
Her parents are still like my second parents.
We still have more friends in common than anybody else I know.
Basically, I love this girl and I love that I got to celebrate her on her special 25th birthday, over Mexican food nonetheless. What's more appropriate than chips and queso? I hope and pray the Lord gives her 75 more blessed years! Enjoy a recap in pictures of our night.
Jen got a Snuggie for her birthday. I'm not only jealous that she got a Snuggie, but that it's leopard print. And, how is that for a lady liberty pose?
Of course, her precious Dad, Jack, made her this delightful Italian birthday cake. It tasted just as good as it looked.
Jack showing off his creation.
Jen excited about this creation.
Look how quaint. A Snuggie, a light (that came with the Snuggie, mind you) and People magazine. What more does a girl need?
Since Jeremy and Grant never got birthday cakes, Jack made them their own cake for this evening. It was priceless!
6 comments:
i love this post and I love how you and Jen are such soulmates. It was so fun getting to see you last night Linds! You are beautiful! Also, I think you are going to need a snuggie of your own, i just might need one as well. I liked when you put it on and Grace said "what you wewing?" bless her heart, the whole thing totally confused her! :)
Oh, my girl. Thank you for loving me so well. I had such fun with you last night. Thank you for my precious purse and my card :)
And also, thank you for loving the snuggie as much as I do. I watched some tv this morning and I was rocking the leopard print. It was glorious.
love love love you... and thank you for writing such a sweet birthday post. You made me cry :)
Hey sweet Girl...Just wanted to stop by to say hey, and it looks like you have had an awesome summer... I will stop by to keep in touch more often.
BLessings and you encouraged me to give up the sodas too :)
Kim
That is precious!!
I love that you and Jen are such sweet life long friends
There is nothing like it!!!
And you look quite comfy in that snuggie :)
Much love
Kim
You are such a good friend and I know Jen is blessed to have you. I think it's SO cool that you've known each other forever! I would give anything to hear you guys harmonize. I love the snuggie, too! I've missed you! Thanks for your kind words on my blog!
Love you!
Angie xoxo
Love the pics! Thanks so much for documenting Jen's bday!
Post a Comment