I have LOVED this summer to pieces, loved it. But the minute I returned home from Jr. High camp last Thursday night, I threw my own little "Welcome Back!" party. It was a wonderful feeling knowing that all my crazy traveling was done for the summer, that I wasn't sick anymore, and that I could return to work to get started on stuff for the fall semester. It was a wonderful feeling knowing that soon and very soon, I'll have somewhat of a routine back. Basically, this summer kicked my butt and unfortunately, as good as it was, and as exhausting as it was, all good things have to come to an end.
So, as I prepare to blog again, I'll start out with the simple list format. It does my brain good. So here goes...
1) After all was said and done with Montezumas Revenge, we came to find out that it was most likely Salmonella and not Monty's Revenge. Looking back at the different situations, that could be highly possible and our symptoms match up almost perfectly. I finally went to the doctor after a week of being miserable and keeping nothing in me, and needless to say, I would never, ever wish that upon anybody. Ever. So, be sure to cook your eggs right, wash everything after eating that splendid chicken of yours and so on and so forth. Well, that is unless you want to have miserable stomach issues and loose a considerable amount of weight quickly.
2) Before I left for Jr. High camp, I had the pleasure of attending one of my sorority sisters wedding. Laura was absolutely gorgeous and it is evident that she and Adam are so in love. It was precious! If you know me, you know I love weddings and this one did not disappoint. Nor did the cake. I love seeing all my college girls so often. They make me smile! Laura, you were gorgeous and I pray huge blessing on your new marriage. I know you are going to love being a wife to Adam for the rest of your life. I love you!
Mr. & Mrs. Sanders!
Me with beautiful Laura.
I rode to the wedding with Megan (my old roommate) and Daniel. It was so fun catching up! Soon she's taking me to Crave so I can know the goodness that is cupcakes.
Some of my favorite lambs! (Phi Lambs, that is!)
Adios!
3) A little over a month ago, I decided to give up drinking all sodas, but most particularly, Diet Coke since that's about the only type of carbonated beverage I drink. It was a stretch at first and super hard. Every Diet Coke I walked past was calling my name, and the urge to drink one was ridiculous. Plus, the headaches were just stupid. In Mexico when everyone and their moms were drinking one, I about gave up, but held strong. Well, I have to tell you that in that time period I've had one, yes one, Diet Coke and quite frankly, it was gross. I got it on our way to camp last week because I needed something to keep me awake while driving, and since there was no coffee at wee little convenient store, that was my only choice. However, it took me all five days to finish that one Diet Coke. Needless to say, I'm over it. Completely over it. And in the process lost five pounds. No lie! I promise you, tea and water are the best drinks ever.

4) Clearly, as stated above, we took our Jr. High students to Student Life Camp last week and we had a blast. Student Life knows how to throw a good camp, and I feel like this year, despite our nine hour electricity loss due to a mini hurricane, was exceptional. The sweetest part is to see the change in the kids when they get back and hear them talk about what God showed them at camp. I love that! And it never fails that I learn a few things myself as well. (Duh!) Plus, this year not only did David, our Middle School youth pastor, win youth pastor of the day, but that same day our church won church group of the day. It was a delightful week indeed! Delightful and exhausting.
Our church group of the day photo op! (Taken with my iPhone. Not bad at all!)

5) Recently I started going to a different bible study on my side of town, and I think it's a keeper for the school year, which is really exciting. Being in ministry, it's so hard to find something that fits in your schedule, but this bible study is not only close to my house, it is on the perfect day and in the evening. I am really excited what the Lord has in store for that!
6) Have I ever told you how much I absolutely adore my new iPhone? Because I do. It's pretty super if I do say so myself.

7) In other news, I am moving out of my parents house in exactly one month. It's actually totally a God thing for both me and my new roommate and I am thrilled! Once it gets closer I'll fill you in on more details but, this means that I've got to start organizing and deciding how exactly my new room is going to look. Any ideas? I am taking my old college furniture, but am painting it and getting new bedding. So question, without knowing anything, tell me what you prefer, black or brown? (This would be for the furniture I'm painting.) I'm torn and don't know exactly what to do. Help a sister out, would you??? I have this bed from IKEA.
8) Texas just issued a new drivers license, and since mine was up for renewal, I got the new one. I'm not to sure how I feel about it. It not only looks, but feels, fake. At least it's horizontal for life now! Can I get an Amen?! (For those of you who are confused, if you are under 21 in Texas you get a vertical license. I never wanted to renew mine until I had to, so for nine years, I suffered with an akward vertical license.) Take a look for yourself.
Old one.

New one.

9) This coming Thursday is Jen's 25th Birthday and I am thrilled. So thrilled, in fact, that I already have her birthday present. How is that for productive??? Don't worry, I'll keep you updated on all birthday festivities. (And just for the record, I don't even know if there will be any. I am pitifiul.)
Me and Jen on my 24th birthday! She's next.


9) This coming Thursday is Jen's 25th Birthday and I am thrilled. So thrilled, in fact, that I already have her birthday present. How is that for productive??? Don't worry, I'll keep you updated on all birthday festivities. (And just for the record, I don't even know if there will be any. I am pitifiul.)
Me and Jen on my 24th birthday! She's next.
10) Lastly and certainly not least, guess where I'm headed in just a few short weeks??? That would be MONTANA to see my precious Joanna. Yes ma'am, it's finally happening. She's lived there for two years now with her sweet hubby and I feel like if I don't go now, it will never happen since they won't live there much longer. While I'm there we're going camping and I could not be more thrilled. I about wet myself today when I purchased that airline ticket and called Jo to tell her it was official. We're both beside ourselves! The only thing that could make this trip absolutely perfect is if Jen and Sal could come, too. However, I'm not stopping them!
I know without a shadow of a doubt a TON of this will be happening. Yes, it's the ugly laugh. And I can't wait.
Well folks, if I go to bed now I'll get a good, restful eight hours of sleep in and I am all about that.
Because you know, it is all about ROUTINES!
Goodnight, y'all!
And goodnight moon.
9 comments:
I have so much to say about this post.
first of all, I am very proud of you and the diet coke quitting. But also, my diet coke buddy brings such joy to my everyday life that I have decided at this particular point in my adult journey, the DC is staying.
second of all, i am so glad you are "officially" moving out. You girls are going to have some fun!
third of all... the new TX drivers license look stupid. seriously. stupid.
fourth of all... WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MONTANA!!!???!! OMG i am jealous. for reals.
fifth of all... i think we may do something for my bday on Friday night. Are you free? get excited.
sixth of all... I LOVE YOU and I am SO GLAD you're home!
Glad you're back!! You've been missed.
I have to say I hate the new DL too... I got mine when I had to change my name, and they look like toy ones you would use for like Mall Madness or something - haha! Jealous you get to go see Jo, but I know you will both have a blast!
and - I'm a tad jealous, I would LOVE an iphone!
how fun! paint it black!!!! :)
i really have no words but JOY TO THE HOLY LORD THAT MY BESTIE IS COMING TO THE GF!!!!!!!!
Seriously can i get an *amen*!!!!!!
I have never been more thrilled...ever! Life will be crazy by then but, that will keep me going!!
I love you LKE!!!!!!!!
Jen and Sal.... get yourselves HERE :)
Good girl for giving up the Diet Coke. I too have given it up and it truly doesn't taste the same anymore.
I'm so glad you and your fun blog are back! I have missed reading about your adventures!
oh how i love you so much!! i love how i can just hear your voice in my mind throughout this entire blog updating me on your life!
So excited about all the fun things going on in your life! I just had to vote on the color...
Black or Brown
I vote for Mocha Brown~
with a little bit of icy, baby blue.
I loved the ugly laugh...enjoy them all!
LOVE that purple dress!
I can't believe you quit DC... I am so proud and so impressed. I did it for a LONG time while I was preggers and after while nursing... and then I slipped up once. I wish I could do it again!
I am really excited for you that you are moving out!!
Post a Comment