Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Art of Painting

When I moved into the new house, ironically, I moved down the street from our Children's Pastor and his sweet family.

This had me excited for countless reasons, but one being the fact that I'm almost certain he has the worlds cutest children. (Now, don't go hatin' because I say that about most children, but I love me some kids, y'all!) But seriously, his little girl looks like Dora the Explorer and Jackson is just about the happiest child I've ever met. Always smiling or giggling. Love it.

So, I was thrilled when Sarah asked if I could babysit for them Monday night. Needless to say, I hopped right on it, and walked down my little street to watch the kiddos for a few hours.

They put Jackson to bed when I got there since it was bed time for him, but that gave me the opportunity to play with Madelyn the whole time. She was so sweet and easy. We watched a movie, ate popcorn, colored, sang, danced, tried to fix her wallet and then we painted.

Again, we painted.

Here's how it went down.

Madelyn: "Oh, I'm excited. But, I have to take off all my clothes so they don't get dirty."

Lindsee the Babysitter: (As I was laughing) "Oh, really?!"

Madelyn: Proceeds to be naked and unashamed.

Lindsee the Babysitter: (Still laughing) "Well, maybe you should at least keep on your panties. They shouldn't get that dirty."

Madelyn: Takes my advice.

Lindsee the Babysitter: Sigh of relief.

Then we take our seats at the kitchen table.

Madelyn: "Well, I think you should take off your clothes too so you don't get them dirty."

Lindsee the Babysitter: (About to loose my dinner I'm laughing so hard inside) "Oh, that's okay! I'll just be extra careful about not getting the paint (water colors) on me!"

Madelyn: Shoots me the look of, well, don't say I didn't warn you.

We ended the night with a lovely time of painting (new) foam stamps.

Clothed.

*Disclaimer: Madelyn is 3. And when her mother walked in and saw the lack of clothing she just laughed and told me that she doesn't participate in the removing of clothing either when they paint.

7 comments:

Patty said...

How sweet! You are a great babysitter.

beckyjomama said...

LOVE it!

SarahMorgan said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! She told me this too, for the first time yesterday when we were going to paint. I declined. Ok, people, don't think we're wierd. She's jsut a girly girl who would never want to mess up her clothes :)

SarahMorgan said...

Oh, and she was thrilled beyond belief when I showed her which house you live in! You're certainly one of her favorite people now!

Bethany said...

LOL! I bet the kids at school would LOVE that rule!!

Megan said...

You had me cracking up! Love it!

Shelly said...

Oh my word -- hysterical.