We'll start plain and simple. This weekend.
After a crazy, weird week I was so ready for the weekend to be here. It wasn't a calm, relaxing weekend per say, but I knew it was a weekend filled with super fun things!
Friday the weather was absolutely perfect here. And I mean perfect. We really haven't had much Fall weather at all, so the minute the skies are blue, the humidity is gone, and the temperature drops every person in Houston gets extremely giddy. There is just something about that crisp Fall air, and since it's so few and far between these days, it just makes it all the sweeter.
After work I went immediately to get my haircut. It was much needed! And folks, can I tell you just how much I love my hair lady? She is seriously one of the sweetest things I know and knows how to cut some thick, wavy hair. Sister never disappoints. Have you ever thought about how much therapy stylists do? I can only imagine all the stories they have to listen to. Bless them!
I left the salon with an even greater attitude because my new do was sassy! And by sassy I mean she puts the best bump in it. If only I could do it that great. I headed straight for Blockbuster to rent The Proposal because Claire had yet to see it, and I just love it, so we enjoyed a nice evening just resting and laughing our heads off.
Saturday the day began at a baby shower for sweet Debra. Do you know her? If you don't, you should go read her blog. Now. She's so fun and super, super cute. (How many times can I use the word "super" in this blog post?) Sometimes I like to think I'm somewhat creative, but then I head over to her blog or photography page and I'm immediately put to shame. We celebrated her and baby Jude that morning. Her due date is Christmas Eve! What a fun gift, no? I think my favorite part of the whole shower was meeting her daughter, Carly. That sweet girl does not, and I repeat, does not have a shy bone in her body. She was hysterical. I'm thinking Debra and I need to have a lunch date soon and she needs to bring Carly along. She's that entertaining and I loved every minute of it! Debra, thank you for letting me celebrate with you!
Check out our height difference! It's quite humorous.
Right after the shower I drove straight back to my church for our annual Fall Festival. Our high schoolers are always in charge of the booths, so the first two hours of setting up were pretty hectic, but once the festival got started, everything went pretty smooth. Thankfully, I even had a moment to run home and change into some more appropriate clothing. Not baby shower clothing! (Outfit #2 of the day.) I do feel like I was at church all day, but it was good. The weather was perfect and y'all, we had over 1,700 people come out for it. Can we say praise the Lord? Such a good day. (I have no pictures for the mere fact that I ran around most of the time. But just picture people everywhere and little children filled with glee because of candy and moonwalks and games, oh my!)
Once everything was cleaned up I went to my office to help a sweet high school girl of mine, Laura, to get ready for homecoming. She had asked me to do her makeup and I was just thrilled. I love me some makeup, y'all! It was so much fun and every time someone walked back there they just looked at us like we were nutty. But hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! She was such a trooper because she had just spent all day outside helping at the fall festival, got ready in my office and then went to homecoming. Wow. All I'm sayin' is that as a sophomore in high school, I would have skipped the whole festival in general to get ready for the dance. But that was me. Laura is so sweet and such a servant. She looked beautiful after all was said and done! I'd do her makeup again in a heartbeat. (Or any of those girls for that matter. Hey, it's ministry, isn't it? It's the new makeup ministry. Ha!)


Fixing some of the curls!

Doesn't she look so pretty?

The girls who helped her get ready.
I was just a bit worn down by then!
Even though I was completely pooped after all these fun festivities, I still had one more event to attend to. (Outfit #3) Jen was in town and asked if I could have dinner, and hello, when homegirl lives in Ft. Worth, you don't miss an opportunity to see her! We met up at Texas Roadhouse and literally closed the restaurant down. Laura joined us too and that was super fun because I hadn't seen her since her wedding. All my friends are so grown up and wifey. Is that weird? Needless to say, I love them to pieces and so enjoyed my time catching up with them. So much so that I didn't get home until 12:30 a.m. I am officially nuts.
I love my Jen.
Me, Mrs. Jasper & Mrs. Sanders.
How cute are they?
Love me some Laura, too!
Even though I was gone for literally 14 hours straight on Saturday, I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Fun, busy Saturdays like that, as exhausting as they can be, are also so refreshing. I enjoyed my time with every person I got to see on Saturday. I am truly blessed by the people in my life!
Unfortunately, my alarm clock came super quick and I was up and at 'em for church this morning. It was great! I had every intention of leaving a bit early to stop and get Starbucks, but my intentions didn't come to fruition. My bed seemed like a better idea than a Vanilla Latte. After church I ate a Pei Wei with some of the students, came home and got ready for my senior girls. As I've said before we're going through Living Beyond Yourself and this week we learned about patience and y'all, I can't think of a better way to start a week. The Word was a good one and left me so much to chew on this week.
Needless to say, I had a fabulous, beautiful weekend and I hope you did as well. Many hugs to y'all.
And with that, I'm off to bed.
How's that for a lame ending? Ha!
4 comments:
Oh girl!
A - love the new do :)
B - so jealous (happy kind) that you attended Debra's baby shower. That warms my heart
C - the highschool getting ready pictures were priceless. I cannot imagine the work God does in those girls' hearts through you.
D - Yay for Saturday night's dinner! And yay for the festival going well!
And booh for how long it's been since I've been able to see you :(
love you lady!
You look so cute with your scarves!
you are so fun! I need to upload and send you the photos of me standing on the chair "being your tallness".
Lunch, soon, yes!
You are so funny, what a great weekend. We so could have talked last night since we were both up super late, I see you were blogging too! :) Fun pictures, Debra is doing pictures for us Saturday! So excited!
Post a Comment