Last weekend I got to see one of my precious friends, Jonathan, marry his lovely bride, Tara. To say that we are proud of him is the biggest understatement ever. He has been dealt some hard cards in his life and it has been so neat watching the Lord turn it around and see him succeed at so many things. Plus, he is the ONLY boy that I have ever kissed, and I’m proud to say it wasn’t at his pursuit. It was an attack made by me on our pre-school playground. Classy, I know. I’d say I have a “Go get ‘em” personality when it comes to boys, but that was apparently only true when I was 5.
If I was only as bold now as I was then? Who knows who I’d be married to. Ha!
Anyway, back to that weekend. The wedding was beautiful, and tearful, and fun, and proud and tons of other things. Definitely a sweet memory.
After the wedding Kevyn, my little brother, and I went to see FAME. It was definitely different than I expected, but I absolutely loved it. Anything that involves any type of singing or dancing will surely steal my heart. I especially loved the ending scene. Why are those always the best? Needless to say, the FAME soundtrack has been quite popular on my iTunes playlist as of late.
Onto the next weekend which was this past one…
I had been staying with my parents for a few days last week because Claire’s husband was home from training for a few days, so needless to say, I left them for those few days.
Friday night my parents and I decided to try out this new organic pizza place near us, and folks, it did not disappoint. I know it sounds funny, but I love anything organic, so this was right up my alley. The pizza was de-light-ful. We even had organic water. I definitely plan on going back! There were just too many things to try out to not go back.
Saturday, I woke up, put on my polo hat and headed back to my “new home.” For months now I have been planning on painting my old college furniture that I am now using again, but I just haven’t had the time to do it. Well, Saturday I made time to do it. I met my friend Dana and her daughter Megan at my house and we got to work. Dana started on my bed frame while I did a French manicure on Megan for homecoming that night. It was a win-win situation. Once I finished Megan’s nails, Dana had finished my head board so she showed me how to do the rest, they took off to go get Megan all pretty, and I headed back to Lowes to get more paint.
Folks, I used 8 cans of spray paint . Eight cans. And I’m pretty sure that not only was I high after all was said and done, but to this day I have the biggest hand cramp ever. I’m not even exaggerating when I tell you I’ve taken Tylenol before bed each night just for my hand/wrist cramps. Bless my heart.
The bed painting process took all of 4 hours, but once I was done, it was so worth it. I love the way it turned out! And now I feel confident in re-painting furniture. I’m so domestic like that, y’all.
After I cleaned up, got rid of my hang over and took a shower, I went to the movies to see Love Happens. I absolutely loved it! You definitely need some Kleenex if/when you go, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. As did Angie. I also enjoyed my popcorn and M&M’s in honor of Jen. I’m so sorry if you have seen it and didn’t enjoy it as much as I do. But frankly, I am easily entertained.
Sunday was the average church (I guess church shouldn’t be “average”, but you get the point), small group day and it was delightful. Hot, but delightful.
Then Monday rolled around. Mondays are my new days off and more recently they’ve consisted of me laying on the couch catching up on my DVR’d shows, or going to the grocery store and what not, however, this Monday I was bound and determined to put my bed together. Yes, it was painted, but it had yet to be assembled. Oh folks, this is a feat I’ve never set out to accomplish on my own, and now I remember why. Three and a half hours later, I had an assembled bed and was praying over it that it would just please hold me up at night. Normally my father dearest completes such a task, but father dearest works on Mondays. I about gave up at the very end of the assembly, but held strong, yelled at the dog a few times because she was the only living thing in sight, and eventually everything came together. I don’t think I’ve ever been so proud of myself.
Pat on my back.
Oh, and what I forgot to mention is that this is IKEA furniture, folks. Hence the praying over the bed and yelling at the dog. European furniture is funky to say the least.
Since I’d accomplished such a task, I felt very motivated and decided to get a million other things done.
Needless to say, when I put down my computer and focus on certain tasks at hand, I can be very productive.
I literally spent all of 20 minutes on my computer the whole weekend, and I have to say, it was the nicest feeling.
So, now I will leave you with picture of said painted bed and side tables.
Note: The bed is done. The side tables are done. However, my room in general is not done. We’re still contemplating painting the wall behind my bed and I have yet to hang any pictures or anything personal. So, I hope you enjoy what I have at this moment!
Jonathan (Groom to be), Mark, Me, Jen and Brien (My oldest brother) - This was the night before the wedding at the "Post Rehearsal Party"

Their first dance.

Jonathan and his sweet mom.

Mr. & Mrs. Crittenden

Me and Sohpie. (I'm not sure what kind of smile she's sporting here. But homegirl is a doll!)

My crazy family!

My "normal" family!

Brothers! (Please excuse my bangs. They were going wonky at this point.)

Jonathan hopped in the photo with us. It seemed appropriate!

Need I explain?

Me and Mark. He works out! (Totally an inside joke!)

Who doesn't love a fruit tree? Mmmm.

Adios!

No onto the bed painting...Before.

After.

Nice look, no?

I'm quite the painter. Thank you, Dana, for your "mask." It decreased the amount of toxins I took in.

Side tables! DONE!

The finished product.

Now all I need to do is hang some pictures, paint the wall, and I'll be good to go. But for now, this will do!

12 comments:
I love your bedroom furniture. So pretty!
It sounds like you had 2 fun weekends!
How did Bible study go?
Love,
Patty
love the new room! super cute :) oh and LOVE the dress you wore to the weddin :O)
totally did not mean to sound country- **wedding love and miss you!
Again, that bed looks super comfy ... and quiet!
Hmmmm, I am realxin just thinkin about it!
How adorable is your new bedroom looking.
I got to laughing at the spray paint hand cramping incident. I know I would've been in the same boat :)
Love you lady
First of all.. that pic of us at the post-rehearsal party... it is as if I chose the tallest people I know and said "hey let's take a picture!!". It is absurd how short I am.
LOVE YOUR ROOM. LOVE. YOUR. ROOM.
Love. It.
LOVE YOU!!!
Question- how is water organic? Please explain because I thought water was already organic. Ha!
Love your room. So cute and chic.
P.S. You looked super cute at the wedding!
Hey girl! first you are so beautiful! Second, I am going to paint a bed for Morgan! HELP! I need tips. Should I take pics to show you!!
Girl anytime you want to share about Tues night bible study you give me a shout! love you!
look at your ADORABLE room.. i love it!!! i want to come see it in person... =(
cute blog.I'm wondering about organic water too.
Adorable!!! I absolutely LOVE your bedroom! :))
I am SERIOUSLY impressed that you put together IKEA furniture all by yourself.
LOVE your room so peaceful and quaint!
And you are totally rockin' the ruffle shirt!
Post a Comment