I used to think my mom was crazy when, heading to the pool as a child; it took her an hour to get read. Now I understand that not only was she getting herself ready, but also three little ones which meant a lot of pool supplies. Things like towels water and snacks so we wouldn’t shrivel. She knew we couldn’t walk out of the door in just our swimsuit and flip flops.
I used to think my mom was crazy when she was so late everywhere that people would tell her a different time so that she’d actually be on time. Now I understand, as I have taken after her in my time management. I’m not the most on time person.
I used to think my mom was crazy when she wouldn’t say no to anything and we spent all our time at the church volunteering. Now I understand that she was serving the body of Christ not out of obligation, but out of enjoyment.
I used to think my mom was crazy when she would cry after a bird hit our windshield or when our pet turtle ran away. (I use the word ran lightly as turtles don’t really run.) Now I understand that gentleness is a fruit of the spirit and she posses this fruit in its purest form. She’s one of the most gentle and sensitive people I know.
I used to think my mom was crazy when she wouldn’t buy anything unless it was on sale. Now I understand the benefits of bargain shopping and realize that nothing is really worth its full value. It has saved me a lot of money in my adulthood.
I used to think my mom was crazy when all she ever wanted to drive was a huge car. Now I understand that not only is it safer, but a bigger car means more people you can pile in to tote around.
I used to think my mom was crazy when she was always the last one to leave a party or event. Now I understand that leaving someone with a huge mess to clean up by themselves is unfair and that people are flat out fun to be around. Once a sanguine, always a sanguine.
I used to think my mom was crazy when she’d make us sit through two hour, sometimes three, piano recitals. Now I understand that she’s easily one of the greatest piano teacher’s around, and the length of her piano recitals, means that many students want to learn from her.
I used to think my mom was crazy, until I realized I am becoming just like her. And that’s not such a bad thing.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I love you!

7 comments:
I have a few things to say about this post:
1. I have VERY vivid memories of your mom saying "let's go to the pool!" and then me, you, Bri and Kevyn were ready in about 2.5 minutes. We waited approximately one hour for your mom to be ready. :)
2. God bless Norm the turtle. He was such a good little guy.
3. Your mom is THE best piano teacher and I am forever grateful to her for all she taught me.
4. You are like her but that is a good thing because she is a wonderful, beautiful amazing woman.
I love my Kristy :)
i agree with you...your mom is pretty great. AND being like her is a blessing!
I don't know your mama but if you are anything like her then she must be amazing and wonderful! :)
OK, how many boxes of kleenexes is this gonna take - I can't turn it off!!! Are you and Jenny also "crybabies" like I am when reading y'alls blogs!!!
M
Such sweet words about your mom! My sisters and I used to always say our mom was the meanest mom in the world....how grateful I am that she was! Enjoy celebrating your mom this weekend!
SO sweet!!! Happy Mother’s Day to your Mom, Lindsee!!!
What a wonderful Mother's Day gift you have given your well deserving mother. She is a blessing and so are you!
Post a Comment