Princess Katherine (as she now wishes to be referred to) did her wedding right and gave this currently single girl an enormous pile of ideas as I think ahead to my future wedding, whenever that may be. Yes, those of us who are single are lucky enough to have witnessed such an event take place as it gives us hope that our dream can become a reality. You know, the dream of one day becoming a real life princess. And having a Royal Wedding.
Okay, so that may be a bit too hopeful, you know, the whole princess and royal wedding thing, but a girl can dream, can she not?
But, if I was currently planning my wedding, and you had an invite in your mailbox...
You might see a few celebrities there. You know, like David and Victoria Beckham. We go way back. In fact, David was my soccer coach when I was five.

You might be asked to wear a hat. Don't have one? These two are currently sitting in my closet. Because who doesn't own an extravagant hat? In need of said extravagance? No fear, Etsy is near. I have a feeling the website of all things D.I.Y. could at least give you an idea on how to make your own.


But not unless my wonderful maid of honor is always willing to carry it perfectly, carefully and strategically, in which case you could just admire it.








You might watch my dad give me away. At which point my groom might joke that he thought this was supposed to be just a small family affair. Ha! I remind my dad often that he only has one wedding to pay for. It is the one perk of having no sisters. : )


You might watch him place a ring on my finger. But don't worry, I'll also place one on his, too. And hopefully they'll both fit.

You might watch them pronounce us as the Future Mr. and Ms. King and Queen of our future household, because no doudt, we will be just that.
You might not see us drive away to the reception as you'll probably beat us there and will most likely be munching on Hours d'oeuvres, but rest assured, we'll be taking all the family photos we can. And then some more.


Once you arrive at the reception, you might admire our lovely cake. You won't get to gaze at it for long, though, as I know the cake is really what everybody wants at a wedding. Bride? Groom? We're chopped liver compared to this goodness.


You might watch me steal a kiss or two with my Prince on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. Or maybe just on the dance floor. There could even be a few little girls around me already dreaming of their royal wedding.


You might be stressed out by the number of people at my wedding, but I can assure you you're not as stressed as me as the cost per head didn't come out of your wallet, but mine. However, I'll be thankful for each and every guest that decides to grace us with their presence. Even if it's millions.


Lastly, you might watch my prince whisk his princess away to some secluded island on the beach where we'll live happily ever after.


But you know, that would all only happen if, hypothetically, I was planning my wedding right now. And I'm not. So don't worry. And although I am a daughter of the King and will indeed have a royal wedding myself, it will probably only look slightly different from Princess Katherine's wedding.
But only slightly. We have similar tastes. And checkbooks.



5 comments:
Loved this, girl! :) Wasn't the wedding beautiful? And this single girl has been thinking about weddings, too, thanks to the royal nuptials.
Such a cute post! I just loved the Royal Wedding! She was radiant! :)
I have a hat...so...im ready whenever those invitations go out ;p
Hope you know how DUMB I look in hats, but other than that, I AM THERE for you!!! :)
M
This is the best! Well done!
Post a Comment