Thursday, June 2, 2011

Birthday Blessings

Since birthday's only come once every 365 days I personally like to make a big deal out of them. Although it only lasts one day, it’s the little things throughout the day that make me smile.

Today a lot of people and things made me smile. Here are some sweet birthday blessings.

Emoticons. Mom likes to overuse emoticons, but only she can do it and it’s not annoying. It’s her iPhone trademark. : )


Flowers. One of my sweet girls brought me these flowers at work and my smile was huge. They are beautiful, and summery and so colorful.


Office decorations. At the office we typically go all out with random, crazy decorations, but this year was so simple and I loved it. My boss went the Dwight Schrute route which we all here as a TSMAC staff appreciate. He also allowed me to take a one hour nap if I so pleased. Unfortunately, I turned it down.


Balloons. Could this balloon be anymore perfect? Shoes and purses. What more would a girl want?


Cake. At the office, every staff member gets their own cake on their birthday and we celebrate mid-day as a staff. Today's choice was Oreo Ice Cream Cake. It did not disappoint.


Facebook.Need I say more? Facebook friends know how to make this girls feel loved. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times, words are my heart beat. My love language if you will.

Twitter. Again, the words. They blessed me beyond belief. And I love that I can save them.

NYGO Meeting. Instead of celebrating by eating out on my birthday, I had a NY training meeting I had to be at. Fortunately, I love my team, so it wasn't much of a burden to be there. Towards the end of the meeting, however, I was getting antsy because I was planning to meet my parents to get some fro-yo. It was getting later and later and I knew it would be closing soon. When we had finished everything, our leader turned off all the lights and kept talking about the "dark". I was so confused. Unbeknownst to me, they were lighting candles in the back on my cake and brought it to me singing. It was a really pleasant surprise. A cookie cake at that! It made then entire night worth it. I love those people.

Fire!

Unfortunately, they were trick candles.
Thumbs up for the cookie cake.
My parents are so sneaky!
Thank you so much, NYGO Team. I think the world of y'all!
Roomies. : )


My 26th birthday has undoubtedly been one of my favorite birthdays yet, and not for one in particular reason, just all these little blessings. And I am certainly feeling blessed. I was praying on the way home thanking the Lord for such a sweet day and for every blessing he sent my way, not matter what form it came in. And you know what? I'm not even done celebrating. My sweet roommate planned a whole celebration for tomorrow night and it's all a surprise to me. Y'all, I am feeling so spoiled.

Thank you so much for all your sweet birthday blessings. You made one girl very, very happy and blessed.

My prayer for this year is that Jesus would be alive in me every single day. That's been my heart all day. Amen.

8 comments:

Faith said...

How neat!! Happy Birthday! :)

Kirsten said...

So cute! That oreo cake looks divine! Happy birthday. :)

Jaclyn said...

i am so glad you have a good day! You are so loved Lindsee!!!!

Lauren said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday and felt special and loved!!!! :)

Lauren said...

Such a sweet birthday post! So glad you had a perfect birthday day!!!

Lindsey said...

looks like your day was filled with happy, and that, my friend, makes me happy!

Katie said...

Happy {belated} Birthday! Looks like you had a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your day was Happy! As it should be!! :)

I love that your mom is a Texter. Mine just got speakers for her computer. We are working on some skills. {grin}