I cannot for the life of me think of one thing to blog, tweet or facebook about. Seriously? The lack of words, ideas and thoughts has me all anxious. To be honest, I’ve actually written two posts and then decided they weren’t blog worthy. Does anyone else do that? All of the sudden putting myself out there seems very daunting. I’m feeling a little handicapped because after all, this is part of my job. I know Satan loves that. All of that to say, I’ve had this really silly post sitting in my drafts for at least a month and decided it’s all I’ve got for now.
So here goes nothing. A riveting list of 11 random things about me. Yes, please forgive me. I’m already so over this post.
1. I like to say parched and famished instead of thirsty and hungry.
2. Sometimes my brain is moving so fast my mouth can't keep up. I talk so fast. Typically, Jen can translate. It's unfortunate when she's not around. Sometimes I even think so fast that I think I've said something and really haven't. That's when sentences get split and it's really unfortunate.
3. I like to make up words. For instance, instead of saying I'm "allergic" to something, I typically say I'm feeling allergetic. Hey, it works.
4. I oftentimes say to myself while I'm running, "Lindsee, you could be walking faster than you're running." It's pretty pitiful.
5. I cannot, I repeat, cannot go to bed without having a sip of water and keeping that glass of water right by my bed all night. I never drink out of it again, but it has to be there in order for me to get a good night's sleep. OCD anyone?
6. I took Spanish for three years. You know what came of it? One sentence. Want to hear it? Lindsee esta muy consada. Translation: Lindsee is very tired. (Please note, I'm not always tired, I just don't know how to say anything else.)
7. My British accent sounds more like I have lock-jaw.
8. I like to sing-song things I'm doing. Imagine me making a cup of tea and singing, I'm making a cup of tea. It will be so hot, it will be so good…
9. If I get really tickled (read: cannot stop laughing), all hope is gone of me regaining composure. Once I'm gone, I'm gone.
10. I shave. Every single day.
11. I'm not blonde, don't even pay to be, but at heart I'm truly blonde. For instance, about a month ago I washed my sheets. When putting them back on my bed, I realized that for nine months I had been sleeping on the wrong side of my pillow top mattress topper. It was very comfortable, but the minute I turned it over, I realized I was missing out on a heavenly bed. I laughed about it for at least ten minutes then finally put it on facebook. Why? Because no one was home and I needed someone to laugh with me.
Whew, glad we got that over with.
Y’all have the best Tuesday. And please feel free to share with me something random about you. I’d honestly love to hear it.
10 comments:
I knew some of these. But the ones I didn't already know just made me love you that much more. LOVE.
Number 5,9 and 10 make you my twin sister, only I'm way older! My daughter Abby read this post and thought you were "way funny" that is a big compliment...trust me;) you've got "the thing" so keep writing!!!
I love these kinds of posts! Love hearing random things! :)
re: no. 2 - this happens sometimes when i write or type. i'll start thinking about wording the sentence after the one i'm writing at the time, and next thing i know i've left out parts of each of them and spliced the leftover together as one. i am very thankful that i actually catch this in the process... otherwise i would be turning in some interesting papers to professors!
here's something random: my brother's name is patrick. as a kid we would watch land before time and there's the pterodactyl, petrie. apparently, my child's mind decided petrie was an appropriate derivative of patrick. i call my brother petrie to this day!
You are so not alone - I write posts all the time that never get published because I so strongly dislike them when I'm done. Sometimes I try to re-work them, but others times, they just get deleted. But I rather enjoy random posts like this every now and then, so this works! :)
#5 - I do this with water before bed, too!
#2 reveals itself in me when I start a conversation halfway through. I mean I've said a lot in my head already, I just start talking out loud without getting anyone else up to speed. It seems to confuse people.
Haha! #6 is so me too! I took 3 or 4 years of spanish in middle and high school, then 4 semesters in college... the only thing I remember is "esta es una mesa" which means "this is a table" and I didn't even learn that in school but from the ESL teacher I liked to hange out with before school in kindergarten
This made me smile
random fact - if I laugh really hard - my thumbs stop working. Like - I can't grip anything! Which of course, makes me laugh harder.
That was fun, and funny. Can I make a suggestion for your bloggers block? I always love hearing about what people are reading, I can imagine you writing great informal book reviews. I'd be really keen to hear what you are reading and what you thought of the book. Any recommended readings too.
Thanks
Ingrid
Hi Sweet Lindsee,
I'm glad you are well aware that Satan loves that you can't think of anything to write about. He did the same thing to me. You are doing huge things for God's kingdom and Satan hates it! Just keep being yourself and keep writing from your heart. Maybe a gratitude list? What if you wrote 100 Things about yourself? I remember thinking it was impossible until I made myself do it a long time ago. You only have 89 more things to add to your list! :) I'll pray for you. Just relax and I know you'll be able to think. Whatever you do, don't stop writing on this blog anymore!
Love you and my heart goes out to you!
Angie xoxo
Post a Comment