Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lately

Lately I have had a tough time blogging. Every time I open up blogger I stare at the blank canvas until I shut the computer and walk away. Nothing, I repeat nothing, comes to mind.

Lately I have seen three movies. It went from zero to three in a matter of two weeks. Footloose, Moneyball and The Mighty Macs. I was entertained by all three! Take your pic and enjoy a movie out. (However, if you're into a good sports movie, then choose one of the last two.)

Lately I have wished I was a good dancer. I think that was a seed planted by seeing Footloose.

Lately I've been obsessed the new Shane & Shane CD, The One You Need. It might be my favorite album of theirs yet. After two months of owning it and listening to it on repeat, I'm not even slightly tired of it. Straight truth. I love it! If you're looking for some good worship music, this would not disappoint.

Lately my allergies have been irritating me. This always happens when the weather changes and it starts to get pretty out.

Lately I've been annoyed by Houston drivers. I often wonder how some of them got their license. Sweet mercy.

Lately dinner has been the least important meal of the day. By the time I get home everyday, I feel like I've eaten enough to last me until morning. Typically, a bowl of cereal, some broccoli, or an apple will do. Crazy, I know!

Lately I've been enjoying my new iPhone 4S. It is beyond fun. Siri has provided endless entertainment for me and my peeps.

Lately I've had a few fun girls nights. This particular evening was spent in City Centre celebrating two of my guy friends birthdays. Five girls and two guys. They were lucky!

Lately I've laughed over my mother's ridiculous (and by ridiculous I mean hilarious) emoticon text messages. If she's learned anything on her iPhone, she's learned the appropriate use of emoticons.

Lately I've been able to do some sweet high school girls make-up for homecoming. Does it get any sweeter than that? So fun!

Lately I've spent some quality time in College Station visiting the little brother.
Lately I've spent some time tailgating with some of my favorite peeps. This was at the A&M vs. Baylor game in College Station.

Lately I've spent (quite literally) the entire month of October celebrating three of the best men in my life. Happy birthday to Kev, my dad and Bri. I am such a lucky girl!



Lately with the humidity levels down, it has been easier to run, which I am trying to get back on a consistent schedule of doing.

Lately I have been on Pinterest more than I've been on blogs.

Lately I've realized my need for Christ to take over my life more and more. I have nothing to offer without Him. Nothing. He is good, y'all. And He is everything.

How have you been lately?

9 comments:

Vivian said...

Lately I have had this insatiable need for God's revelation and presence in my life.

Lately, I have had no interest in television. I am behind on all my shows.

Lately, I have been travelling a lot. In the past two weeks I have been to Vegas and Atlanta. I am currently in Atlanta.

Lately, I realize that crushes are a WASTE of precious time and sanity.

Lately, I have been enjoying the great outdoors more than ever. Atlanta is gorgeous!!

Lately, I have had like zero tolerance for mean girl based television shows such as Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Reminds of everything I disliked about high school.

Lately, I have not been blogging.. I need to get back on that.

Annie said...

Lately, I've been doing a lot of scheduling as I start an internship at the Holland Museum in Michigan.

Lately, I've also been doing a lot of work, a lot of going to classes, and a lot of homework. {Ahh, the life of a college student!}

Lately {as in last week}, I Skyped with a sweet blog friend of mine. It was our first time actually talking! I was worried that we would have some awkward silences, but once we started talking, we did. not. stop.

Lately, I've been excited about fall but mourning the cooler temperatures. And the rain. So much rain. Every time I start to think we're getting too much rain, I think of Texas and how gladly I would even just split the amount of rain we get in half so y'all would get some!

Lately, I've had quite a few pumpkin spice lattes. They are so good!

Anonymous said...

)k, I tried posting a comment a moment ago and there was an error..hopefully this isn't a repeat..anyways...
Lately, I have realize the importance of having God involved in ALL aspects of my life (even the "little stuff").
Lately, I have really been enjoying your blog. Keep up the good work!!

Lauren said...

love this blog! Keep it up girl! :)

Dana said...

Such a fun post! I for one, appreciate your doing the girls make-up! Such a sweet time in their lives and I'm glad you can be a part of it. Thanks friend!

Dionna said...

Lately I've been trying to have a good attitude as its getting cold here.

Lately I've been having to lay my dreams down of moving somewhere warm at God's feet.

Lately I've been reminded how blessed I am and how thankful I am for my husband and two daughters.

Lately I've been trying to muster up self control to lose about 5 lbs.

Lately I've stepped down from my ministry of 14 years and am so excited at the free space that creates to be open to whatever God brings my way.

Anjali said...

I've been reading your blog for at least a year now, and it somehow escaped me that your brother is an Aggie! I'm a freshman here at A&M, and I loved that Baylor game!

Anonymous said...

Run with me! I have run once this week and Sophie and I did Zumba together tonight.......huh-laree-us!!! She even dressed up for the event-headband and all! She would
Nt let me take her picture-so sad! It would have been the source of much joy!
Love u! Text me if u want to run any time between 7am and 3 pm or late nite!
We could catch up!
-alli

Ingird said...

Lately I realised that Heaven is going to be a huge reunion for many people all over the world who share the medium of blogs and love God. Imagine ... can you?
It will be so much fun meeting all these ladies who love God, who I only know through LPM blog or LindseeLou blog or Facebook or whatever space we use to meet and share and encourage.