As you can see, I haven't posted a new blog since last wednesday!! Can I just tell you it is becuase I absolutely DID NOT stop last week..yup!!! :) That's right...I just kept going and going and going, kind of like the energizer bunny!!!! :) So in a nutshell, I will tell you about my week:
Last week was RUSH for my sorority, Sigma Phi Lambda (Phi Lamb)! And, what a BLAST it was, yes exhausting, but a blast at the least! Consistently, we had about 6 new girls each night, so we were just too excited!! We will see tonight which one of those precious girls actually commits to this amazing organization!! The whole 'theme' of the week was "Join the Family", while incorporating the Godfather (which I have never seen!) So, our week consited of mafia, scary games, chocolate, brown and black and white!!! SO fun!! We always end our rush weeks with a formal setting of some sort. This past year we have had RUSH BRUNCH, which is about the FUNNEST thing ever!!! At this brunch we heard a message about what 'joining the family' is all about...we talked about Jesus and his family, his heritage and how they were all unique and had many differences...just like us!! It was a sweet time of fellowship and fun!! I love you girls!!
Then, my favorite newlyweds came down from their new home in Louisianna to visit family and friends in Houston, TX!! Yes, I am talking about the Isamingers!!!! Not only did they come down, but they brought down their new addition to the family, Moxie Jones!!! :) This is their new pup, and he is about the most precioust thing you have ever seen!!! I am such a proud auntie!!!! ;) While Grant got to golf, me and Jen just hung out and chatted...of course about the wedding!!! And, we got to see the wedding pictures, they are fabulous and everyone looked amazing!!! Good times were had!! I miss them so much, but it's times when they come down that it makes those time so much sweeter!!! So, I love you two!!! :)
Then, on sunday I went to First Baptist with my brother! What a great church!! I have been there PLENTY of times for Beth Moore, but never on a sunday!! Can I just say, AMAZING!!! Gregg Matte is such a godly leader in that church and is so blessed in the area of speaking! He talked about 'victory', and how we as christians need to celebrate victory, but not too early! So true, we get so caught up in that we have won, just when satan is at work and pulls us down! We can celebrate, but when we do, we need to be on our watch for evil more than ever! Satan despised victory through Jesus Christ! He also asked us all what the Lord could do in our lives in 52 days? You think, wow, that so long. But, if you think about just the next 52 seconds, it dosn't seem that bad. Then, 52 seconds turns into 52 min., than 52 hours, than 52 days, than weeks, than years, and as soon as you know it, you have been in love with Jesus for 52 years!! Amazing!! I know I look ahead and think to myself, ahhh, 52 weeks of faithfulness is so hard, but just start with seconds...and then move on! One step at a time!! All I can say is that I was blessed by his message on sunday, it was encouraging!! Than sunday night I got to see my precious Joanna!!! She had strep all weeked..blah...but I am glad I got to see her for at least the 2 hours that I did!!! Soon, she'll be married also and living in montano! Oh, how I am loving having her in houston for at least the next 6 months!!
That was my week and weekend in a nutshell!! Hope you enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed mine!!! HUGS to all of you!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I pretty much love you :)
um. did you notice that you spelled weekend "weeked" AGAIN!?! I love it!
And I love you!
And I'm so GLAD you have a blog!!
-sally
Post a Comment