Thursday, May 8, 2008

Excitement All Around

HI FRIENDS!!!

Can you sense my excitement with the ALL CAPS beginning?!

There are just a few things that are making my heart so very excited at the moment.

First of all, work has been SO FUN this week. When I arrived to work on Monday they had officially deemed it "Lindsee De Mayo!" There was fun lights up, mariachi music playing, and my desk was all decked out in fiesta things. Too fun. Please do remember that I work with guys. They did this all by them self. All I can say is, "Way to go!" It was just a fun, welcoming day. They even let me pick where we went for lunch. I said one word, "BJ's" Yum. BJ's it was.

I truly forgot how much fun (if that word is allowed) this job is. We laugh all the time. I love it. I do feel like I am here for the summer, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is permanent. I am NOT going back to school in the fall. I don't EVER have to take another final. I don't EVER have to step foot in another class. It's a very odd feeling. Although, come August it will probably feel even stranger. But, we won't talk about that.

Onto the next exciting thing....

I AM LEAVIN' ON A JET PLANE....TOMORROW!!!

Where, you ask?

Well, that is for me to know and for you to find out. This weekend is our 3rd Annual Girls Weeked. And yes, Weeked is spelled right.

All I am sayin' is, "What happens there, stays there!!!!" Take a wild guess where we might be headed?!

Normally, Girls Weeked consists of 4 individuals. Myself, Jen, Joanna, and Sal. I am sad to say that this year Sal will not be joining us. Oh, how we wish she was. I'm not even sure it will be the same without her, but clearly, being in another country presents some travel issues for her. But, all of us know that the Lord has called her elsewhere for this time, and we, of course fully support her and completely understand. We will miss you, Sal. More than you know. And I promise we will be thinking about you every moment. And don't worry, we will share some belly laughs that may include some tears on your behalf. ;)

I am so excited I could bust a gut. GWO6 was amazing. GW07 was divine. GW08? Well, you'll have to wait for that post upon our return. I am sure there will be PLENTY of pictures to bore you with.

Until then...I've got to get movin' and make myself a packing list. If not, nothing will get accomplished.

Have a FABULOUS weekend, sweet friends.

Relax, have a belly laugh or two!

11 comments:

Kelli said...

Have a blast! Girlie time is such a necessity and great girl friends are such a blessing!

Ashley said...

Glad your first week of work has gone well!

Can't wait to read about GW 08!! Hmmm ... where-o-where are you girls heading?!?! Hope y'all have an absolute BLAST!!!!

Ashley said...

Have fun in Vegas!

Missy said...

What a great first day! So glad to hear you are having so much fun. Looking forward to the girls weeked recap!

cristina said...

glad your first week was fun and that your girls' weeked will follow it....y'all enjoy yourselves!

as for never taking another final...i still have dreams that i have a final and haven't been in class all semester or done any of the homework...i wake up wanting to go make sure i really do have my degree. :)

Erica said...

I hope you girls have a wonderful time! Take lots of pictures, please!

Thanks for all your prayers and support! It means so much to me.

Hugs!

Fran said...

Well...you better just have a blast! I'm so happy for you Lindsee....enjoy every bit of it.

Hugs~
Fran

Jon and Sally said...

I'm so thrilled for the fun you girls will have!!! I'm so sad to be missing it! But hopefully next year I'll get my chance. Maybe we can put off Girls' Weeked '09 until I get home in the fall!!!!
I'm so excited for you Lindsee! What a dream job! I loved hearing your story before about Lauri too! I'm so glad she got to be there!
I love you tons! Laugh lots for me!!
Sally
P.s. For the record, I think you'll spend (proportionally) more time "getting ready" than doing ANYthing else! But I guess that's when all the fun happens anyways! Here's to looking cute and laughing lots!!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

I came by to tell you to tell your mom what an awesome job she did and I know your life will honor her tomorrow on her day. But, I got to read about your sssshhhhh! weeked and I know where you are---and I sang that like a song...

I am so thrilled you get to be with sweet Jen and your friend Joanna. You have to go see, oh I can't say it, I'll give it away...have a great time and enjoy the presence of your beautiful LORD. He'll be there cause you are!

Ashley said...

Hope you had a fabulous time with your friends!!! Can't wait to see pics and read about it!

Janelle and Ella said...

Have so much fun on your girl's "weeked"! That is SO fun that you guys get to do that!