I'm happy to report, however, that today I spent my entire day at home. I left only to drive to my parent's to pick up my feather down comforter topper that has now graced the top of my bed and is just waiting for someone to sleep on it. That someone would be me! Today has been very quite, calm and productive. Quite opposite from the past few weeks!
I don't know why I always think October will be a calm month, because it never is. Between the three birthdays we celebrate in our family and all of the other fall activities, it fills up quickly.
A few things I've been up to lately are as follows.
Celebrating my dad's birthday. The only birthday we've been able to celebrate with all five of us is Kevyn's birthday. With him away at school, the other celebrations have been just the four of us, but they've still been fun. My dad is a sushi fanatic, so we went to Kirin, a japanese sushi restaurant for his birthday. I'm not so much of a sushi lover, but they have plenty of noodles and edamame to keep me going back for more! After dinner, we went back to their house for Crave Cupcakes. Delicious, if you ask me! My camera battery was dead, but my moms iPhone 4 camera came through for us that night. Happy birthday, dad!
Tuesday night Bible study. Last Tuesday Beth Moore brought in the one and only Christy Nockels to lead worship and it was heavenly. She has the voice of an angel. There are many, many reasons I love Tuesday nights, but one of them, by far, has to be the fact that I get to see many of my very favorite people in the USA. People I've grown up with, new friends, church friends, blog friends and everyone in between. I can't walk through the doors without saying hi to at least five people and I love that! An example would be the picture below. Jen, my BFF since the womb, and Heather, my new sweet, gorgeous hilarious friend that I met on this here blog. I love them. The whole night was so great. I actually wrote a whole blog post on it, but have yet to post it. Do y'all do that? In time, I'll probably publish it.
My older brother, Brien, turned 29 last week. I'm telling you, the birthdays go boom, boom, boom in October. It's a frenzy of celebrations and it's so great! We celebrated his birthday at Joe's Crab Shack with our family and some friends. I think we had the entire restaurant to ourselves! Joe's is known to go all out on birthdays and this one did not disappoint. They make you do the most embarrassing things. It's the number one reason I choose to never eat on my birthday there. That and seafood isn't my top choice. We had a fun time and laughed a ton! He's not much of a sweets guy, so we didn't have any cake to celebrate over, which I think is so wrong, but it's his party and he'll do what he wants to!
Has anyone seen an almost three year old use a toothpick? This was my favorite part of the night. I laughed until I cried! Adorable!
Um, he had to run around the restaurant "sucking his thumb" while we sang Happy Birthday to him wearing this treasure. Hilarious! He was such a good sport!
Ahhh! A shark!
This past Saturday was our Fall Festival which is why I've been so non-existent. Besides VBS, it's our biggest outreach and it's no doozie. However, it is a blast and this year we had 2,500 people come out! Praise the Lord! I always love seeing all the kiddos dressed up and excited about all the moonwalks, and candy and games, oh my! Over all, it was a great, windy day and my feet had had enough by 7:30 that night.
I also got to see some of my old girls and that is always so sweet to my heart. I miss them and already love when they come visit me a the office, text me, call me, want to eat lunch with me and so on and so forth, which is exactly what happened this weekend! I can't wait for Thanksgiving when we get to have a reunion! I love them!
And last, but certainly not least, I've been moving. For about a week I took trips here and there transporting this and that, but I think I've finally got mostly everything gathered in one place. Honestly, since it's only been one week and we've all been busy, it still needs a lot of work, but my room is coming along. The best part is that I have a bed to sleep in. So for now, I'll leave you with one picture. My ever so comfy bed that is calling my name as I type this! Excuse the books in the corner, I'm needing a bookshelf in the worst way. More to come on the apartment, for sure, but for now, I'm so thankful for the place and people the Lord has provided for me to live with for the next year!
Thanks for sticking around til the end of my ramblings on catching up. I hope you all have a great week!
4 comments:
Your crazy/busy life NEVER stops, haha!!!! But it’s all fun stuff!!! Thanks for catching us up :)
Love the new bedroom and that bed looks heavenly! And yeah, for Tuesday night Bible studies. I just might have to come and find you next week and say hi. Do you always sit in the same place?
I enjoy your blog and your heart for the Lord and ministry. I could see you being a "Beth Moore" in your ministry!
Just thought I'd share that with ya, have a blessed day!
In my family November is like your October, one birthday after the other.
Post a Comment