Friday, October 8, 2010

Play On Tour

This past Wednesday evening I went to the Carrie Underwood concert. A few weeks back, my old roommate, Mandy, invited me to go with her and her cousin and I didn't hesitate one moment to say yes! I'm so thankful she invited me because IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

I've always been a fan of Carrie's (we're on a first name basis) and know almost every word to each of her songs so I knew I'd be singing along the entire time, and rest assured, I did. As I stated earlier, she is the definition of likeable. She's gorgeous, sweet, can bust it, genuine and is a believer. Did you know that Brandon Heath sang at her wedding? So great. I'm pretty sure I stared at her gorgeousness the entire time.

Not only that, her sets and outfit changes were impressive. Mandy got really great seats when she bought the tickets back in April, so that was really fun to be so close!

My favorite part of the night was when she sang Jesus Take the Wheel. Now let me be straight up honest, I am so over than song it's not even funny. It's definitely not my favorite, BUT, (with a capitol B), she did this transition straight from that song into How Great Thou Art and it was incredible. That is one of my favorite hymns and she blew it out of the water. I was completely illegal and caught the last minute of it on my phone. Of course, the audio stinks, but it's been fun getting to listen to it again.

I may be making an incorrect assumption, but being the believer that she is, I know it was from her heart. She knows who blessed her with the gift of that crazy, awesome voice of hers. I even saw a few hands raised among the crowd, which was thrilling to see at a secular concert.

Over all, it was a great evening. As you know, I've been to my fair share of concerts and I can confidently say that this is on the top of my favorite concerts list.

Thank you so much for the invite, Mandy. I had so much fun!

Now onto the pictures. Let me just say that taking pictures at concerts is so hard. They turn out blurry and aren't that great, but I figured I'd share them anyway! Enjoy a taste of the Play On tour.

Mandy and I waiting for the concert to start.

Of course she started out with Cowboy Casanova. Love it!


That platform raised every now and then. I can never get over the technical aspects of a concert of this caliber. It makes my head spin. Especially watching the guys run lights on the catwalk. Shudder.


Here she is swinging.


The background changed for each song. It was so neat!


Playing the guitar...

The best part was when they put her in this truck that hung over our heads and went around the Toyota Center. Talk about genius! We happened to have the perfect seats and she ended up right in front of us.


How cute is she?

SO fun!



What little girl doesn't want a ball gown that lights up? :)

At one point she sang I Told You So by Randy Travis, and he joined her! Of course, he wasn't actually there and was pre-recorded, but it was so fun. They brought the Grand Ole Opry to Houston.

This was during Mama's Song. The flashed pictures of her growing up and ended with a wedding picture. So precious.


Adios, Carrie! Thanks for coming to Houston and making my week so fun.



5 comments:

Lauren said...

Soooooooooooooooo fun!!!!!!! LOVED all the pictures! So jealous!! She puts on an amazing concert!!

Ashley said...

How fun! I just love Carrie! I saw her in Tulsa back in 2008 and at the Grand Ole Opry last summer, and she's just amazing!

Katie said...

I just saw her last weekend and my favorite part was when she sang How Great Thou Art as well! I caught it on my camera and the video is on my blog! Ssshh, don't tell! :] Haha!Such a great concert!!

Heather said...

What a fun concert friend!! SO glad you got to go, I would have loved to have seen her in concert, love her music!! You look beautiful!

Kelli said...

I just lived vicariously through your post. I LURVE Carrie!!!