Okay, so I’m not the girl that has piles and piles of trash everywhere that can’t move without stepping on an old cheeto, but there is a certain pile in my room that keeps growing.
I never considered myself a collector of items until recently. And by recently I mean last year.
When I moved to Claire’s house, I realized that there was a certain pile in my room that was uncontrollable and it was really stressing me out. I try to be organized, and this pile was far from it.
That was my pile of scarves.
And it kept growing, and growing, and growing.
One day I was at IKEA and found this nifty holder with a bunch of holes in it.
Sometimes I find things like that at IKEA and have not a fat clue what it could be used for, but this day was different. Immediately, each and every scarf I own came flooding to mind and I purchased it right away. Duh, it was made to be my scarf organizer!
It goes without saying that the minute I got home, I loaded that bad boy up and hung it on our laundry room door so that each scarf was accessible to not only me, but to my roommates as well.
I don’t know if Claire misses me now that I’m gone, but I’m certain she misses my scarves.
I’m partly ashamed and yet partly proud of my scarf collection. It’s pretty ridiculous.
But do you know the joy a scarf brings? During our frigid winter months here in Houston, I like to consider the scarf the perfect accessory. It keeps you warm. It’s cute. It’s removable if you get to warm, it’s colorful and so on and so forth.
With that said, I now present to you my scarf collection.
I know you’re judging me right now, but I just really need you to love me in this moment.

I don’t think I’ve spent more than $10 on a scarf. I find them cheap, cheap, cheap. It’s the way to go.

Anyone, and I repeat, anyone, can rock the scarf.
I dare you to try it.
It will do your neck some good.

While we're at it, I'll go ahead a be a bit more vain to show you my necklace holder. It was an old piece I found in my parent's garage, and then painted it black. I love it! But really, what's better than your necklaces being so nicely organized? There's no time for tangled necklaces in my life. There are more to be had, but I won't show you those.

Need a scarf? Need a necklace? Lindsee's Accessories are here for you.
13 comments:
OMG. I am the one who tweeted you the other about my love of your accessories and now you have gone pushed me over the edge. I love all your scarves and necklaces! You are you stinkin' cute!
I'm going to be knocking on your door every morning on my way to work!!!
Sooo....do scarves every make it in the "give sara" bag? :)
So fun! I am this way about cardigans. You need a color? I've got it. You need a certain print or pattern? I've got it. You need one embellished with flowers? I've got it! Oh, the list goes on. :)
Love it! I'm a scarf-addict as well. My collection goes WAY back when the original fringe-scarf was all the rage.
I am wishing you lived next door!!! :)
And I was feeling guilty that I had too many scarves, suddenly I feel like I could add a few more to the collection. :) Thanks for that!
I am totally the same way with scarves! I just love them, and I have entirely too many of them! But they are so so fun!
I agree that scarves are awesome! I think I just might get another one and put it in my stocking from Santa.
you know what's funny ... i don't own one scarf and am scared to rock them. you said anyone can? not sure if i can!!!!
They look so pretty! And they look so pretty on you!
obviously i join you in the love of scarves and necklaces. we have pictures to prove it. pretty sure the other day 2 of the girls i work with were naming the body parts of mine they would want if i were to die (morbid and strange convo, i know) and one randomly shouts, "i call your scarves!!" RANDOM but of course this is why we're friends. love you linds!!!
Hi Lindsee -
I used to know you another lifetime ago when we were kids at CBC together.
Great accessorizing!
So glad to see how God is working in your life - keep it up, Girl!
Amanda (Smith) Erickson
I have that same scarf holder from IKEA and I love it. Mine is nearly as full as yours and I'm hoping to add to it after Christmas!
Post a Comment