Thursday, December 2, 2010

Target Tales

Confession: I've been to Target twice this week. It's easily my weakness. I try to avoid it as often as possible, but every now and then, I feel like we could all benefit from a little Target therapy.

My first trip to Target was on Monday evening after I attended my step aerobics class to get two very important items. NyQuil and some hangers. Now, I do realize Walmart has all of the above, but I try to avoid that store at all costs. Walmart was my only store of choice in college, and while I don't hate it, I'm just burned out by it. Plus, Target is closer. And prettier.

Anyway, after perusing the clothes aisles to make sure there weren't any deals I was missing out on, I went and grabbed my needed items, plus a few other things. In my basket was NyQuil, eye drops, face powder, a scarf (I really tried to resist that one!), and Q-tips. At that point I realized I was doing really good to get out of Target spending less than $50.

However, at the last minute, after she'd already scanned all my items, I realized I forgot my hangers! The hangers! The one thing I really needed and truly the only reason I came to Target. My cashier told me to run back and get them while she held my items so I did just that. Obviously, there was a line behind me, so she proceeded to check them out while I ran my quick errand.

Upon returning, she finished checking out a couple, then scanned my hangers and as she went to put them in my bag, she realized my bag was gone. I assumed maybe the guy ahead of me grabbed it on accident, so we both ran after him, but alas, he had nothing. We then proceeded to flag down every car driving past the entrance asking if they had a bag that didn't belong to them. It was a complete fail. No lady. No bag. No nothing. My bag was M.I.A. I felt so bad for my lady! She felt terrible also, I think mainly because she was afraid she'd be in trouble. Needless to say, I had to go and re-gather all my items. I did forget my eye drops the second time around, but at least I had my hangers! The best part is that she took 50% off my scarf. Score! It was an interesting experience to say the least.

Now fast forward to Wednesday. After work I needed to stop by Target to get my roommate, Michaela's, birthday gift. Why I didn't just get it on Monday evening is beyond me. I think I probably killed some brain cells at aerobics that made my brain malfunction. Instinctively, I always head to the clothes section. Yes. Again. Because you know, couldn't there be different deals from Monday to Wednesday? As I was walking around, there were two girls near me that were very clearly talking about me.

Here's how the conversation went down:

Girl #1: Wow, that girl is really tall.

Girl #2: I think it's because she's wearing boots.

(What you need to know is that I was indeed wearing boots, but they're practically flat.)

Girl #1: Yeah, but I don't think they're very high.

(At this point they walk past me and see that my boots aren't very high.)

Girl #2: Oh yeah, she is really tall.

I was laughing inside. Honestly, I would have loved to have joined in on the conversation with them. I could have told them how tall I really was.

I took that as my sign to grab the gift I need, leave promptly before spending too much money and take my long legs home to run.

Because, although this may be way off topic, I need y'all to know that as of last night, I have signed up to compete in a Sprint Triathlon in April. That's right. You're looking at the new triathlete.

I foresee many trips to Target in the future as it will provide many necessities for said triathlon.

Like a swim cap. And goggles. Lord, help me.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

You get to wear a swim cap. AWESOME.

They were jealous of those legs.

50% of the scarf. It was meant for you. :)

Lindsey said...

Target is one of my favorites, too. Seems that every time I pass one, I have to stop in!

TRIATHLON!! OH WHAT FUN!! You'll be in the best shape of your life!

Anonymous said...

You're so funny, Lindsee!! Jimmy might be doing that same triathlon - it would be fun to see you there :0)