So, I present to you now, thanks to my iPhone, what I've been up to lately. Buckle your seat belts, it's a wild ride...
I've currently been eating Pop Chips by the bag. They're good. They're addicting. They're healthy. They're hugely endorsed by Jillian Michaels. Need I say more? Really, you should try them.
Back in the day when I was in college, I sold custom made chargers as a side job while learning how to create math games for first graders. I really, really enjoyed doing it and it was a great way for me to earn money. I'll have you know that I was also a substitute teacher during college, which I also loved, but let's be honest, Huntsville Independent School District wasn't known for bringing in the big bucks. And I was a poor college student. I stopped doing it when I graduated because of time and at that point, I had a real live adult job. Since then, I've done a few here and there for people that have asked, but stopped promoting it.
A few weeks ago I decided to make one for our apartment and LOVED it. I wrote my favorite verse on it and put in on our bar. All that to say, I am 99% sure I am going to start selling them again. I've been working out a few details and hopefully, sooner than later, you'll see a blog all about the chargers! They're making a comeback, folks, and I am so excited!
I've been eating sno-cones. Yes, yes I have. Spring break was when most of the stands decided to open for business and I was in heaven. I've enjoyed them with some of my old girls, like Mary...
And some cute little eight year olds, like Sophie. Any guesses on her flavor of choice?
Yum-O. Love this girl.
I've changed my name to Waldo. I know Waldo is more masculine, but Walda sounds odd. You see, I have this red and white top that I'm finding I love. However, when I bought it months ago, I didn't realize how much I represented Waldo. Secretly, I kind of like it. And actually, I am planning on bringing Waldo with me during my Summer Tour of 2011. We'll call it Where's Waldo? Creative, I know.
Waldo enjoyed a sno-cone.
Marla Taviano recently added a link to her blog to purchase one of these shirts. They are brilliant. When you buy a shirt, all of the money goes towards rescuing a girl out of human trafficking. Marla talks about it more here if you are interested. I would encourage you to go read it and check it out for yourselves. After all, these girls have a name. Let's help them in Jesus' name.
Lately I've been reading these books. Some are newer than others, and some just haven't been moved from the pile. But they're all fabulous. This is what my bedside table looks like most times. That is unless you are coming over, in that case, I've probably stacked them neatly from biggest to smallest. I'm OCD like that.
It's no shocker that most of my time has been consumed by training for a triathlon. I spent a lot of time swimming, biking and running. To say I'm in better shape now than I've ever been is a complete understatement. This was the day I got my outfit complete and was very excited to be wearing complete spandex from head to toe.
Once the tri was over and we were home, we attempted taking a nap. It was short lived. Here Bethany has strategically placed two chairs together in an effort to create a comfortable napping spot.
I've been enjoying our Tuesday night Bible study for young "single" adults. I have grown to love this group of people am looking forward to what the Lord wants to do in and through us. Every week we have the wonderful privilege of being led by Greg, our missions pastor, and his whole family tags along. I LOVE THEM! This week we celebrate his wife, Allison's, birthday a few days late. A cake and candles were in order. Sawyer was all about it.
Me and Allison. She is easily one of my favorite people. The real deal.
Lastly, Montrose Street Reach has been on my radar. For a little over a year we've taken our students down to Montrose (simply a street in Houston) to participate and serve at street church. Talk about a neat, out of your comfort zone opportunity. The folks we serve are not like us at all, but need Jesus as much as we do. It has been neat seeing our students embrace these Wednesday nights. I always leave humbled and broken. My heart hurts for the life some of these friends have chosen, but I'm thankful they're coming and that Jesus is not only better, but bigger.
Seriously, does your pastor look like this? Love it.
Serving in the child care area. They are the most precious kiddos!
Can you even stand it? My heart was mush last night. Complete mush. I fell in love with this itty bitty bundle of joy.
And that's what I've been up to lately. Thank you, iPhone. How about you?
8 comments:
Oh my goodness.
I AM TOTALLY EATING THE POP CHIPS. My current favorite flavor is cheddar potato. Deliciousness.
Also, I love your iphone dumps.
And I love your plates.
I love you, my Lou. You're my bestest friend.
Also, I raaaaaan to Target and I raaaaaan back. And did I get a cramp? NO.
you look sooo great!
Also, I think you should sell your plates on etsy! Did you know I am a fan of etsy? I am :)
I love your blog. Totally inspiring. and I have started doing the iphone dump too. Such a great way to get our pictures out there. You keep it up girl!
I am also loving pop chips and the cracker chips. So yummy!
PLEASE let me know if/when you decide to start selling those chargers again. I will certainly be "in line" to purchase one! They are BEAUTIFUL and you are EXTREMELY talented!!
The iphone dump is one of my favorite "series" that you do, So fun.
I need to look into those pop chips...never heard of such. Wonder if they have them in Alabama?!
I'm begging BEGGING you to do the chargers again. Let me know when you're ready...I have a special request. :)
I'm totally a stalker but you can call yourself Wenda who is Waldo's girlfriend. How do I know this? Because a bunch of my friends and I dressed up like Wenda and our husbands like Waldo for a Halloween fun run.
That last picture is LOVE.
Love your plates! do them again! :)
Post a Comment