This coming Sunday we as a church will celebrate our 35th anniversary! We serve such a faithful God who has been so good and faithful to us as a church and we are excited!
To celebrate, we are having our Fall Festival a week early, meaning tomorrow, and then we are having a huge BBQ and celebration service on Sunday at church. I am so excited! Mainly I am so excited because there are going to be tons of people there that I have not seen in forever, and I love that. Actually, today at work, one of the old pastors, who is actually teaching on Sunday and came in from out of town to be here, was walking through our offices and I waived and said hi, so he did the same. I knew he had no idea who I was, but our current pastor stopped and "introduced" him to me. He was shocked! I was no longer a little girl! That's what happens when you go to a church for your entire life!
I know so many of your churches have been going much longer than 35 years, but every year is a year to praise the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness. And, it's crazy to think that I have been there for 23 of those 35 years! Granted, I was an infant when I started going, but still!
If you live in the Cypress area and are looking for something to do tomorrow, consider this your invitation to our Fall Festival. It is always a blast for the little ones, and this year will not disappoint. We have rented like 39 gazillion "moonwalk" things that will certainly entertain your child for hours on end, not to mention the 89 booths we will have, also. And, it's even FREE.
Now for the "shameless plug" as my pastor would say. If you're ever looking for a good sermon to listen to, hop on over to Corkin Good Sermons, and take in a word from our very own, wonderful, humble pastor, Dave Gibson! He seriously has a great word every Sunday, and you will surely be blessed by his teaching. This next week he is headed to Moody Bible Institute to speak during their spiritual formation week! He is a blessed man, and we are so grateful for the leadership he provides for our church. I can say this because it's pastor appreciate month! But, seriously, go check it out!
So, needless to say, this weekend will be yet another crazy one, but a good crazy!
Yesterday, however, was a splendid day in that I got to have lunch with 2 of my favorite girls, Jen and Claire! Jen had the day off, and Claire and Russel just moved back from Missouri and are currently looking for jobs, and Thursdays are always my day off, so we had a great day eating at Olive Garden, then spent the rest of the day at Jen's house (literally) enjoying time with Cheryl, Jaclyn, and the precious Grace Parker! It was such a fun day. Except, now I feel spoiled because this won't happen every Thursday, but, I enjoyed it while it lasted! :)
Well sweet friends, I'm out! I don't have any plans tonight so I am going to enjoy some R&R. And just for the record, I never use the term R&R.
Have a great weekend, folks!
5 comments:
It was so great to see you Lindsee!!! I will be looking for you today at the fall festival! :)
Hey Lindsee,
Have a fun weekend, Sister! Wish we could join in the fun there!!
I was wondering, did you get my email about the timeframe for the plates? I was hoping to do a giveaway that would go the entire week of Thanksgiving and end the Monday right after. And where do I send payment? Paypal? Check to your address?
Thanks Lindsee! Come by and check out the sunset from a couple of nights ago sometime. Any Colorado trips this year for you??
Love,
Holly
very cool! have an awesomem weekend!
Lindsee - looks like such a fun weekend!
Great weekend but I am pooped!
Post a Comment