Thursday, October 30, 2008

"This is a Really Athletic Get Up and I'm Just Not!"

Tomorrow night, in honor of Jen and Ryan, we are having a Halloween couples shower. Also known as, come-dressed-up-with-your-significant-other, costume shower.

I am so very excited, except that I do not have a "couple!"

But, neither do 3 of the other girls.

So, since the 4 of us have no dates, we decided to all come dressed as something together. The problem is that we just couldn't come up with something that all 4 of us could be. So many ideas were tossed around, and most of them shot down.

We came to the conclusion about two weeks ago that we would be a baseball team. For all of us, this sounded really fun. I have no idea why, but it just did. So, that's what we are going as. A baseball team.

However, last night as we were conferencing on our phones (yes, we are dorks like that, but, we all live in different cities!) we could not for the life of us come up with an outfit. The thing is, though, we desperately needed to come up with an outfit, because frankly, the shower is tomorrow and I only had today to get things done.

Of course there are already "pre-made" baseball girl outfits that we could easily go buy, but to put it nicely, we don't want to wear those "pre-made" outfits. We're just not like that.

After we discussed many options about the baseball attire, Raven blurted out "This is a really athletic get up and I'm just not!" I immediately started laughing because come to think of it, none of us are really that athletic. Yes, we work out, do jazzercise, run, but none of us are the athletic type, if you will. I find it so funny that we are going to appear to be the athletic bunch, yet that is really so far from the truth. I guess that's what dressing up is all about, appearing to be someone you're not.

I mean y'all, I'm the girl that runs from the ball. When I played soccer, as a 5 year old mind you, I was the goalie and every time the soccer ball came near me, I ran. Needless to say, they moved me to outfield where I proceeded to pick flowers during the games. Soccer was not my thing. Never has been. Never will be.

Anyway, we finally came to a conclusion on the outfit choice, and it is precious! We will be the cutest baseball team you've ever seen! And I am so excited! (And of course, even more so excited that I get to spend half of the weekend with my girls!)

You will have to anxiously await pictures from after the event to see our final outcome. And I know you'll be anxiously awaiting.

So, if you were 4 girls, what would you be? I am sure y'all could be more creative than a baseball team...let me hear it! :)

Love you, peeps. Have a happy Halloween! Let your light shine tomorrow, even on such a dark day!

5 comments:

cristina said...

okay....first time i just skimmed and clearly you're already set and you're NOT looking for ideas that are easy to implement. SO you can disregard the picture i sent via facebook.

have fun.

twinkle said...

I wanted to be Strawberry Shortcake. I really like the idea you came up with and can't wait to see the pictures! I dressed up like a nurse at work last year...white scrubs with a cute, teddy bear nurse jacket. I even had a huge syringe we use at work to inject sealant into parts! And one year I dressed up at our church fall festival as Snoopy. I wore white sweats with a few black felts spots tacked on. And I had a white baseball cap with black felt ears drooping down...and I won the prize for best costume!
Ya'll are going to be so cute!

Birdies said...

Oh sweet, sweet Lindsee...
there's no "outfield" in soccer.

Yeah, I can see why soccer's just not your thing.

Fran said...

Hee hee. I do believe I saw the picture on facebook! ;)

Love ya,
Fran

Kelli said...

I am in the same boat.... so not athletic! I would have been the four seasons.... fall, winter, spring, and summer!