Friday, February 13, 2009

I Am Such a Girl

And I am 100% okay with that.

I got so tickled today as I was talking to Jen about He's Just Not That Into You. As we were discussing the movie, she reminded me of the part where Ben Affleck holds Jennifer Anniston after she got upset over something, and of course the first words out of my mouth were, "Yeah, I am pretty sure that was one of my favorite parts!"

She laughed and agreed that of course it was, because I am the girl that is obsessed with guys who hold girls while they are crying. Or at least want to make sure they are okay.

I'm not sure why. I just think it is downright precious.

Maybe it's because I'm a hugger? (Although I wasn't always one!) Maybe it's because I want it to happen to me one day? Maybe it's because I love the tenderness of it?

I don't know, but I find that I could watch scenes like that over and over again and not get bored. Wierd, I know.

However, it also reminds me nearly every time that it is what Jesus does for us. Does He not tell us that He holds every tear in a bottle? And I know for certain, that if He were hear on earth, physically, while I was crying, he would hold me.

I love it. And I love Him.

Absolutely precious.

With that said, enjoy a scene from Alias that steals my heart every time. Have I ever mentioned that this was my favorite show during it's prime time? And honestly, do I even need to address the fact that I am pretty sure Michael Vartan is my favorite actor? Oh yes, yes he is.

So, now that I've divulged mine, what is your "secret obsession?" Or silly thing that you could watch over and over again. Or, how does your man comfort you when you're upset? I am a hopeless romantic.

10 comments:

Taylor said...

i love Princess Diaries 2! i could watch it over and again. pretty much any adorable movie and i'm good to go!

::Taylor

Erica said...

I'm right there with you, girl! I love it when guys are so gentle and caring like that. Melts my heart.

Oh, and I am a total Alias fan. Vaughn and Sydney...oh how I miss them! :)

Melinda said...

I'm an old movie freak. Any old movie never gets, well...old. :o)

Blessings this day,
Melinda

Sarah said...

Two movies I could watch every day: "Thirteen going on 30" and "You've Got Mail." And maybe "One Fine Day."

Holly said...

Over and over? There are several...but the one that stands out is when Mr. Darcy comes upon Elizabeth Bennett, while she is checking out his amazing house in "Pride and Prejudice." Another is when Captian tells Maria in "Sound of Music" that he loves her. Mmmm...melts my heart!

Missy said...

Favorite show E.V.E.R!!!!! I seriously still miss Vaughn and Sydney every Sunday night.

connorcolesmom said...

Girl - I love Alias
It was my favorite show and I miss it!!
I am like you - the tender moments when a guy shows his softer side by embracing the girl or showing her how much she means to him
that always gets me
Good stuff!!
Have a great weekend!
Love you
Kim

Ashley said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I really want to. So I didn't read this post, just because I didn't want to spoil it for me. If it won't spoil the movie, let me know and I'll read it! Just wanted to thank you for stopping by. I stopped by your blog not too long ago after Amanda linked to yours. I commented on your 2-year blogaversary. Thanks for the advice on the hair. I really think I'm going to grow it out. He really wants me to. Did you read his posts he wrote lobbying for long hair? He cracks me up! Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Come back soon! :)

Raven said...

oh lindsee... how much we absolutely LOVE this!!!!!! remember how many time we watched that scene in oth over and over and over again?! haha! we are ridiculous.. love it!

Kelli said...

I sometimes when I get really stressed or just everything piles up, I need a good cry. I will always pull out Beaches or Steel Magnolias. I have seen them a million times!