Thursday, February 5, 2009

"I'm just one stomach virus away from my goal weight."

For the record: I am totally kidding about the above title. It is a funny quote from 'The Devil Wears Prada.'

Let me just start by saying that this has been the year of sickness. Seriously. Everywhere I turn someone either has the flu, a cold or a stomach virus. I think I'm starting to talk myself into illness, you know, because I'm a hypochondriac and everything, and my obsessive thoughts take me places I would never like to go.

With that said, do you know you can talk yourself into being sick? Oh, you surely can.

However, there is no way I talked myself into the stomach virus I got {whenever I got it}, I'm still not too sure. I don't know if it was a continuation of what happened on Saturday, or if I caught something in a day.

But, Monday I came down with some type of stomach virus, and it was far from attractive.

The truth is, Sunday evening I truly thought I was feeling better from Saturday's drama. So, I forced myself to eat some veggies at a Super Bowl party. And of course a brownie.

Fact #1: Do not force yourself to eat when not hungry.

So, Monday I got up, went to work and honestly felt fine that morning. Yes, I was weak and a bit tired, but I assumed it was because of the lack of food I had eaten since noon on Saturday. I had a scone for breakfast and fixed myself a cup of coffee. All went downhill after that. At about 1:00 I forced myself yet again {please remember fact #1 in the future} to make a Lean Cuisine for lunch. I brought it back to my desk and literally took all of two bites, and tossed it. I felt so wasteful, but the smell of it made me want to gag.

I figured by then I should probably go home because I was decreasing fast. But, I am one of those people who feels awful if I have to leave early. So, dumb me stayed at work till 5:00 and was everything but productive.

I came home and crashed in my bed.

As the night went on, I did nothing but lay in a chair, and drink all of three sips from a Gatorade and a water.

However, I could keep nothing in me.

And I hadn't been keeping anything in me since about noon that day.

Fact #2: The Stomach Virus is the fast track to loosing weight. I'm not saying it's the healthy way, but whether you like it or not, the pounds fall off.

I finally got the strength to go to bed around 11:00, however, I was up till 3:00 am. It was brutal.

Needless to say, I stayed home on Tuesday. And slept. Pretty much all day.

I did make it to Bible Study Tuesday night, but was well enough to go, and laid pretty low there, too. It really was a 24 hour bug and by then I was over it, just a little weak. {And just for the record, Beth was a ball! She was on fire! The teaching was awesome, and she was overjoyed to where it spilled over. It was the funnest thing!}

Fact #3: Feeling weak, tired and nauseated during said virus is normal.

Since Tuesday, I have eaten the most bland foods you can imagine.

Fact #4: You eat very bland foods that won't upset the digestive system after all is said and done and pray it stays in you.

My diet as of Saturday has consisted of: water, Gatorade, vegetables (Sunday night), a scone, two pieces of toast, sprite, white rice, and crackers.

And yesterday for lunch I had the most bland Subway sandwich. I don't think Subway should even make a sandwich that bland legal.

Do you want to know the miracle in all of this? I have not had a Diet Coke since last Friday. Gasp! I do have a feeling that's part of the reason I am feeling more tired than usual. I'm secretly thinking about giving up all caffeinated beverages since I'm already on a roll, and because of the start of my "Take It Off" challenge at Jazzercise. I'll let you know how that challenge to myself goes.

I have slowly been getting my energy and strength back especially after Saturday's episode, and thankfully so, because tomorrow I am going on our ladies retreat. It should be a good time and a nice get away from all the busyness!

So, how's that for a Debbie Downer couple of posts? I hope you all are staying healthy and well.

Don't forget to be OCD about washing your hand, friends! Healthy blessings your way!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. I tried to kick the diet coke/diet dp habit since I had the whole time I was pregnant and nursing, but I slipped up and it has been brutal! I can't get enough! Praying you can do it! :) Stay strong it is much better for you!

Holly said...

That is EXACTLY what my Chris had earlier in the year. It was no fun at all.

I am so sorry you have been sick, Lindsee! Praying for a wonderful recovery this weekend!!

Love,
Holly

PS Your post title CRACKS.ME.UP!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm about 7 stomach viruses away from my goal weight. :))))

Of course, a dead skinny me isn't near as fun as a chunky, live one so I'll just be happy as is..!

I love you girl! Hope you had a great retreat...(and i love your new design)