Friday, February 20, 2009

Randomess Consumes Me

I have been one of the worst blogger as of late. The issue is, I have about 5739 posts whirling around in my head, however, sometimes I get so overwhelmed by it all, so I just don't blog about anything. I feel like I used to have a better 'happy medium' and now I can't seem to be consistent. Oh well!

With that said, here are a bunch (or maybe two) randoms going on in my oh-so-splendid life.

1) I need y'all to know that "The Inheritance" Bible Study has been nothing short of amazing. Oh my goodness, I can't get enough of it. I also can't believe that we only have three (or four?) more sessions left. This semester bible study has flown by and I am so sad for it to end. I could go on and on and on about it, and write a gazillion posts, but then again, it's one of those times that I don't know if writing it here will do it any justice. But, know that HE is so working and is using Beth mightily. One thing that I do plan on sharing with you, hopefully sometime next week, is a quote Beth told us that Melissa said. It was really nothing just jaw dropping, and really, I don't know why my heart attached to the statement so much, but since Tuesday, it has been pressed so heavy on me and brought me much comfort. Okay, so how's that for a teaser?

2) I had Chinese food for lunch three times this week. Y'all, that is flat out wrong. I mean, I don't eat the healthiest when eating Chinese food! I tend to lean more towards the fried foods among the many options, however, I truly can't get enough of it, it is my absolute favorite.

Side note: As much as I love it, I don't plan on eating it ever again on a night I will be attending Jazzercise. At Monday night's class, I was burping up General Tso's Chicken and Fried Rice the entire time. Disgusting.

3) I rented High School Musical 3 last night. I know, go ahead, laugh all you want. However, these movies highly entertain me! Yes, it is so far from any reality high school, but I eat it up. I will say, however, that they definitely cranked it up a notch for number three and really went all out. It was more of a "musical" than any of them, in my opinion. Meaning, they were actually performing on stage a lot of the time. Unlike the other ones where they bust out in song, you know, in the swimming pool with a pink grand piano.

Side note #2: After watching each of the movies, I always feel the need to call my friends and family by their schools mascot. Like, "Hey, cougar!" (Which would be my high schools mascot.) So cheesy.

4) On that note, I'll inform you that we have been gearing up for our high school retreat this weekend. It has been a fast week, if you ask me. We always hook up with Student Life for our "home" retreat and they never fail us. We are so excited and ready. This years theme is "Live Love" and I know without a shadow of a doubt it will hit home for all of us, including the leaders. The bottom line is that we as Christians do an awful job at "living love" to not only those around us whom we love dearly, but especially to the "onlookers." Non-Christians see us as hypocritical and judgement, and rightfully so, in my opinion. I think all of us, including myself, could live a little more love like Jesus did. Because if we want to reach anybody we need to remember that "By this ALL men will know you are my disciples, if you LOVE one another." John 13:35 So, if we come to mind this weekend, we would love a prayer lifted up on our behalf. That the Spirit would move and that hearts would respond. The conference can't change hearts. The speaker can't change hearts. The worship leader can't change hearts. Only God can, so we are asking Him for just that. This is just a tool! Thank you so much, in advance, for praying! We appreciate it more than you know.

5) And lastly, as we've been gearing up for our retreat this weekend, I keep referring to this exact weekend last year, when we had our retreat and I am pretty sure it was one of the craziest, most exhausting weekends of my life to date. I was student teaching, had the biggest project due that next Monday, was leading a retreat, and in the middle of the retreat had to go take an exit exam in Huntsville for teaching. And after all was said and done, I was up way to late Sunday night (after no sleep anyway) to wake up at 5 a.m. and drive to Huntsville, yet again, to turn in my project. Needless to say, I am more than thankful that it is not as crazy this weekend. Yes, retreats are always a crazy, exhausting weekend, but to have that much going on at once was just plain nutty.

Well, I'm out! I've got a bag to pack, and some copies to make. Have a great weekend, y'all!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I was at retreat this weekend, too. Wish you were at the same one!!

I took my first Christian Yoga class at retreat this weekend. And I kept worrying about the food I'd eaten at lunch--would I be a lady in class?? Could I be? I tried, but some of those stretches were...umm...difficult to be lady-like. Enough said.

And by the way? You can call me Maverick! That was our school mascot--I'm from East Texas :-)

Love ya, Lindsee!

Melissa said...

I love your new blog design lady! I'm off Facebook so just wanted to say hello and see your bright face on the world wide web. haha.