Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Valentine's Weekend

Before I tell you about the fabulous weekend I had, I just want to set the record straight by telling you that I thoroughly, even as a single girl, enjoy Valentine's Day. I truly always have. Granted, there were the years that it seemed that every girl was getting flowers from her secret admirer and I did feel a tad left out, but I also believe that the Lord has graciously allowed me to enjoy this day despite the fact that I've never had a Valentine. I mean, if you haven't already figured out by now, I AM such a girl, so this whole L-O-V-E day does my heart some good. I'm not a fan of the saying "S.A.D Day." Singles Awareness Day. I say enjoy the day whatever your status.

With that said, I did have probably one of the sweetest Valentine weekends yet.

Friday I got home from work to find that I had two packages waiting for me to be opened. I was so excited! A few weeks ago on the Siesta Fiesta blog they asked all the single girls on a certain post to leave a comment, so being a single girl, you guessed it, I left a comment. Later on I was prompted to send my address to someone. So, I did as I was told.

Well, they had paired up a Single Siesta with a Married Siesta and the Married Siesta was to send a gift to the Single Siesta. My Married Siesta was sweet Melinda, and she did not disappoint. The sweet packages I had waiting for me were both from her! And she sure knows how to win the heart of a girl.

I was literally on my way out to meet Jen to see Confessions of a Shopaholic so I only opened the Pro Flowers box, and I pulled out a beautiful bouquet of roses. So sweet. And as I left my heart was full and it was the sweetest little blessing!



When I got home from the movie, which was absolutely adorable and clean, I opened the following box and in it was some Red Box Chocolates. Not only that, they are all in the shape of a frog! How cute is that? Roses and chocolate. Melinda is awesome!

This is what the box of chocolates says on it. So great!
In each box was a cute letter that said this! How sweet is she. And I hope she knows that I did indeed accept them from the Prince of my heart! And for those of you wondering, the passage she referred to is about the wedding of the Lamb and the bride making herself ready. How appropriate to be Christ's bride this weekend.

Thank you so much, Melinda. You blessed my heart!
Saturday I spent most of the day getting ready for some of the high school girls that were coming over that night. We had a "While We're Waiting" party. When I got home from running errands I had a gift on my bed from my Dad. It was some chocolate and a Disney Princess CD. I was a little thrown off at first because as much as I love me some Disney Princesses, I wasn't sure why he would buy his 23 year old daughter a children's CD. And, on top of that, my name was on the CD and the cover. What?

However, my Dad is so funny. He found this place that is going out of business, and basically, you can custom make a CD for anybody. They have all sorts of themes and names you can use and then they make the CD for you right there. So, he felt inclined to make me a princess CD. The funniest thing is that throughout the whole CD, they say your name in the songs. I have no doubt that a little girl would fall IN LOVE with this. It really is a clever idea, and my Dad says it's his favorite Valentine gift he's given me! It is so cute. I think I have had more fun playing it for people. Everyone gets a kick out of it!

Here are my parents leaving for their fun night out. Their small group did a mystery dinner! So, please don't think this is how they normally dress. They were in costume and ready to roll!

My gifts!

The infamous "Disney Princess Tea Party" CD. Of course, with my name on it.
A few of the girls!
After dinner!
They all got a rose from me when they left. Because just like Melinda said, every girl should have some roses on Valentine's Day.
Love 'em!
I had an absolutely fabulous weekend. There truly wasn't one second that I wished for a man, or felt sorry for myself. I felt so covered in HIS love this weekend! And that is my honest heart. I asked Him that He would be enough for me this weekend, and my sweet Jesus did not disappoint. He is so good like that!

I hope your Valentine's Day was extra sweet and that you too felt His eternal love wrapped around you.

12 comments:

Melinda said...

Please know that the blessings were all mine, sweet Lindsee. As Proverbs 31 says, "a wife of noble character is worth far MORE than rubies...her children will rise up and call her blessed." Your husband's not going to BELIEVE the TREASURE he'll be finding in YOU!

Hugging you through the screen - and stay in touch!
XO Melinda

debra parker said...

I love and respect you Lindsee Lou!

Ashley said...

Sweet!

Michelle said...

hey i found your blog through lpm blog.you made me think of my twin sis. she is 26 and never been on a date either. you guys sound alot alike. her blog is reachsouthasia@blogspot.com. i bet she would love to hear from you.
michelle

Jaclyn said...

I love that you got flowers and chocolates. How precious is that?!
Also, i love that you has those girls over for dinner! So thoughtful and I am sure it is something they will always remember!
Also, your parents are way too cute!
I love you Linds!

Patty said...

I was so excited when God gave me the idea for this! Melinda did good! I know that God has such a special man for you!

Love,
Patty

Jaclyn said...

I didn't think about the fact that the pictures might've ended up on your blog... But when I saw how many pictures you were putting, I got kinda nervous... Rightfully so :)

That one picture of us made me laugh! Ha! :)

Thanks again for the fun night!

Claire said...

You had such a fun Valentine's weekend! That movie was so cute, Court and I loved it! I can't wait to hear that Disney Princesses cd :) Love you!

Jenny said...

Your parents look amazing.

That should go above the stairs next to your glamour shot. For reals.

AbbyLane said...

so thatsssssssssss what all the presents in the mail were about!!! :) i haven't been on the siesta fiesta blog in a bit but fran and patty sent nikki and i some sweet things as well!!!! oh those women. one day we'll be able to do the same for some younger siestas! :)

and i am with you on having "one of the sweetest valentines weekends yet". i don't know why it was all of the sudden so different, but my Jesus was so good to me.

completely jealous of your night with the girlies...that sounds amazing and totally like something that is right up my alley. now, i just need to find a youth group and steal some little sweet things!

and i'm with Jen. your parents should be beside the galmour shot. :)

Angela Baylis said...

Hey, Lindsee! I was just reading your comment on the LPM blog from Valentine's Day. I just had to pop over here to tell you how much I love and admire you! I wish I had thought to send you flowers, too! I can learn from my siestas! Anyway... You are SO loved!
Angie xoxo

p.s. You may just see me at Bible study one of these Tuesdays. I'm trying to work it out. I heard she's hitting homeruns every week! I hate missing out! :)

Melissa said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever seen!